Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Which one? see you in there :ninja: :p:

Only the mad, insane ones :p:

I have an unconditional form Aston But not going to take it up, my firm is ok
    FIRM: University of Birmingham

INSURANCE: Aston

but I am taking a gap year but nevertheless you will hopefully see me

ReputationRep:
    Wow. We all applied to Aston, how awesome are we?

We have 1 firm, 1 insurance and 1 withdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)

What are you doing in your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)

I applied to aston, though I didn't accept their offer as I favoured Cardiff!

Yeah, I am going soon, honest...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    I applied to aston, though I didn't accept their offer as I favoured Cardiff!

Yeah, I am going soon, honest...!
    ZOMG. Cardiff are my insurance.

ReputationRep:

I have the same frim and insurance as you do :p: Hows that for coincidence :awesome: Where would you spend your gap?
    Ah well. I'm applying for a business course at Aston so apparantely if I miss my offer (as it looks likely to happen) I'm condemned to hell in there books as they aren't lenient at all.

I really want to go there aswell ;_;
    Really? I heard Aston were lenient! But I guess you could try Uni of Birmingham and BCU through clearing in worst case scenario? Fingers crossed it won't come to that
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I think it is safe to say that I have gone insane. I'm quite hyper from the lack of sleep so apologioes for any weird posts :woo:
    :ditto: I am an insane insomniac too :p:

ReputationRep:
    ZOMG. Cardiff are my insurance.
    I think the fact that my brother is currently at Aston Uni pushed me away from the idea of heading there! My firm is Cardiff, and I didn't add an Insurance; I like to live life with a risk!

ReputationRep:
    Really? I heard Aston were lenient! But I guess you could try Uni of Birmingham and BCU through clearing in worst case scenario? Fingers crossed it won't come to that
    Oh, I heard they weren't lenient. I would have applied to the university of Birmingham but I noticed something in the prospectus (can't remember what) that I couldn't meet so I decided best not to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    I think the fact that my brother is currently at Aston Uni pushed me away from the idea of heading there! My firm is Cardiff, and I didn't add an Insurance; I like to live life with a risk!
    Amen to that. What I didn't say was that Cardiff is a harder uni to get into as they want grades not points so if I don't get into Aston (I really hope I do) I'm basically instantly rejected from Cardiff and into the mad world of clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I heard they weren't lenient. I would have applied to the university of Birmingham but I noticed something in the prospectus (can't remember what) that I couldn't meet so I decided best not to apply.
    I see But lets hope Aston would welcome you :yes:
    And its goodnighht from me, I need some sleep before I go completely mad :p: Come the results day I will look like a zombie :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing in your gap year?
    I have the same frim and insurance as you do :p: Hows that for coincidence :awesome: Where would you spend your gap?
    Hopefully get a job, get my driving license, I didn't feel ready to take the plunge into Uni straight away

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully get a job, get my driving license, I didn't feel ready to take the plunge into Uni straight away
    This is exactly what I'd do if I had to take a gap year. Although I'd also work on making some money on the side with my CV Services and Freelance design skills.

ReputationRep:
    Amen to that. What I didn't say was that Cardiff is a harder uni to get into as they want grades not points so if I don't get into Aston (I really hope I do) I'm basically instantly rejected from Cardiff and into the mad world of clearing.
    Well, my Cardiff offer was ABB, equivalent to 320 points; whereas my Aston offer was 340 Points - I'd need at least AAB to get into Aston for my selected course, the safer option for me was ABB!

I also like Cardiff as a city; and know a few people in the area already; as opposed to solely knowing my brother at Aston; hence why Cardiff got my choice as firm!

----
    Okay, I shall be headeth unto a sleep now.
    Night (again!)

Feel no need to respond with a 'night' as I'll already be gone!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good. I really don't know when I'm going to start driving and I'll be 19 by the time I got to Uni - I feel ready to go now!

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I'd do if I had to take a gap year. Although I'd also work on making some money on the side with my CV Services and Freelance design skills.
    Ooh that sounds fun, it is so hard getting a job with Sainsburys which is what I really want because I worked there I genuinely loved it... But it is so difficult

That sounds good. I really don't know when I'm going to start driving and I'll be 19 by the time I got to Uni - I feel ready to go now!
    Getting a driving licence depends if I get a job, because I don't want to use my parents money for the lessons, that would get me down because they work hard to pay bills already

ReputationRep:
    I feel it is time for me to rest up my boots and enter the land of nod aka results day nightmares

I hope our efforts have been enough to please those who didn't want to trail through pages and pages of posts, how disapointed are they doing to be later. Muaha.

Tara.

ReputationRep:
    I am out as I have used all my stock in this thread, muahahahahahahhahahahaha!!

I got McCoys crisps and Oreos
    I LOVE OREOS and the advert!!!! :woo:

Share? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I LOVE OREOS and the advert!!!! :woo:

Share? :puppyeyes:

No...

:console:

Only joking! *shares* :p:

ReputationRep:

My insurance is Aston too!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that sounds fun, it is so hard getting a job with Sainsburys which is what I really want because I worked there I genuinely loved it... But it is so difficult

Getting a driving licence depends if I get a job, because I don't want to use my parents money for the lessons, that would get me down because they work hard to pay bills already
    awww true well I hope you find something. Ok I'm going to attempt to get some rest although I don't feel particularly tired. Good night all x

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.