The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fallen angel9
Don't change your sig! Three people negged me for my sig when I asked them to leave a name and a reason. :eek3:

Morning all. I'm back and feel refreshed.

aww that's awful, I guess they didn't leave their name then? :rolleyes:

BTW changed the sig, he/she's not getting away with it without a panic attack. :p:
skatealexia
Hey :biggrin:

Hello!
ahh this thursday uni's will know our results
TheTallOne
Ah!

I have realised I haven't posted here for days :frown:

I blame the Pakora.

I ordered my laptop for uni :smile:

What laptop did you get?

I am using a cheap netbook which is really sloooww so I don't think I can really use it for serious uni work.

I want the 13 inch Macbook Pro. :coma: but I don't have enough money and I don't really need a computer that powerful.
Reply 4744
Getting closer now. I stil have no word from student finance about being financially assessed. Useless...
dalek2009
I wish I could prepare for my University place. I'm so scared.

I know what you mean :woo: but if you post on here you will take your mind off things a little. :console:
Joy Division
aww that's awful, I guess they didn't leave their name then? :rolleyes:

BTW changed the sig, he/she's not getting away with it without a panic attack. :p:

One left a really smart comment saying 'I have negged you and no i will not leave my name or give a reason.' :rolleyes:

D**ks.
mazzles
When Joy Division see this, he'll be angry - he prides himself on his sig being the thing that scares us all. :p:

:yes: you know me too well
Atrixa
Getting closer now. I stil have no word from student finance about being financially assessed. Useless...

I've sent off the stuff they wanted and now I'm just waiting as well. I did have a facebook status with 'I'm going to kill everyone who works for Student Finance slowly and painfully' so I'm hoping that won't affect the way they deal with my application :woo: :woo:
Reply 4749
Joy Division
:yes: you know me too well

:rofl: I was wondering when / if you were gonna see that!!
Reply 4750
flowermaster91
ahh this thursday uni's will know our results

is that true!? i thought it was at the weekend when they got them! :eek3:
ldmoore1

:eek: omg!!!
Joy Division
What laptop did you get?

I am using a cheap netbook which is really sloooww so I don't think I can really use it for serious uni work.

I want the 13 inch Macbook Pro. :coma: but I don't have enough money and I don't really need a computer that powerful.

A Dell Studio 15. :ninja:

It's still cheaper than the 13 inch MBP including the Apple student discount.
Reply 4753
ldmoore1

You're right. They get them five days before results day.
Reply 4754
flowermaster91
:eek: omg!!!

and by that i mean next weekend btw! i dont want to cause you a total heart attack! :p:
Reply 4755
fallen angel9
I've sent off the stuff they wanted and now I'm just waiting as well. I did have a facebook status with 'I'm going to kill everyone who works for Student Finance slowly and painfully' so I'm hoping that won't affect the way they deal with my application :woo: :woo:

Haha! I had a similar one when they made me send off a whole load of different forms. Maybe it's karma...
Be back later :smile:.
Atrixa

I sent my form away on the 2nd May and didn't get confirmation about my finances until 29th July..........almost three months, after waiting until the end of June I phoned them and they said it has just been passed on to the right people, it goes to you education library board first but they need to pass it on, I can't remember who to, thats what held mine up, it took them 8 weeks to send it on, once thats dones the approving of the finances took about 4/5 weeks for me but the girl on the phone said it takes up to 6 weeks. I hope this helps
ldmoore1
and by that i mean next weekend btw! i dont want to cause you a total heart attack! :p:

ohh ok lool,i was getting worried there
I had a really realistic nightmare last night about missing my offer :frown: the type where you don't even have the comfort of going "this is all so crazy it must be a dream!" I spent most of it on track staring sadly at my application status, then actually got my results (BBC, I need AAA) and then spent the rest of the dream on the phone to the admin of my firm choice trying to persuade them to let me in.

So this morning I'm getting together the admin phone numbers for my firm, just in case this scenario becomes a reality on the 20th!

Latest