Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Getting closer now. I stil have no word from student finance about being financially assessed. Useless...
    I sent my form away on the 2nd May and didn't get confirmation about my finances until 29th July..........almost three months, after waiting until the end of June I phoned them and they said it has just been passed on to the right people, it goes to you education library board first but they need to pass it on, I can't remember who to, thats what held mine up, it took them 8 weeks to send it on, once thats dones the approving of the finances took about 4/5 weeks for me but the girl on the phone said it takes up to 6 weeks. I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldmoore1)
    and by that i mean next weekend btw! i dont want to cause you a total heart attack! :p:
    ohh ok lool,i was getting worried there

ReputationRep:
    I had a really realistic nightmare last night about missing my offer the type where you don't even have the comfort of going "this is all so crazy it must be a dream!" I spent most of it on track staring sadly at my application status, then actually got my results (BBC, I need AAA) and then spent the rest of the dream on the phone to the admin of my firm choice trying to persuade them to let me in.

So this morning I'm getting together the admin phone numbers for my firm, just in case this scenario becomes a reality on the 20th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslaurabee)
    I had a really realistic nightmare last night about missing my offer the type where you don't even have the comfort of going "this is all so crazy it must be a dream!" I spent most of it on track staring sadly at my application status, then actually got my results (BBC, I need AAA) and then spent the rest of the dream on the phone to the admin of my firm choice trying to persuade them to let me in.

So this morning I'm getting together the admin phone numbers for my firm, just in case this scenario becomes a reality on the 20th!
    aww that sounds horrible, I still haven't had any results day dreams. Maybe I'll get them later on this week :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    back and so cba to read the last 20 pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Haha! I had a similar one when they made me send off a whole load of different forms. Maybe it's karma...
    Haha maybe.
    Note to self: Be nicer to people until the 20th. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    10 Days 18 Hours 0 Minutes & 38 Seconds

ReputationRep:
    I have had many dreams about results; the last being a nice one where I got AAA!!! I was soooo happy, I woke up thinking it was August 21st. Then I realised it wasn't and felt so depressed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    I have had many dreams about results; the last being a nice one where I got AAA!!! I was soooo happy, I woke up thinking it was August 21st. Then I realised it wasn't and felt so depressed.
    I had a nice results dream a few days ago! I checked Track and it said "Congratulations! Your place at the University of York (Y50) to study Applied Social Science - Crime has been confirmed!!"

Then my phone rang so I woke up. Grrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    back and so cba to read the last 20 pages

Ditto, although the spam picks made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Ditto, although the spam picks made me laugh
    all the spam pics make me feel a bit ill! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    "Its the final countdown..do.do.do.dooo!"
    10 days is a milestone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    How do you see this list? Do you have to be a sub?

I think I have an addiction but XCRUSHESX definitely has. :eek:
    Me?...Addicted?

:o: I have never heard of such trollop!:curious: :unsure:

Hmph!

(Original post by Skadoosh)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...rejection.html

No need to panic......yet.
    :bawling:

That's 1 in every 6th person that applied

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Me?...Addicted?

:o: I have never heard of such trollop!:curious: :unsure:

Hmph!

:bawling:

That's 1 in every 6th person that applied

Thank you SO much for showing me that :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Thank you SO much for showing me that :bawling:
    I just realised that they were just predicting what could happen, so there is still hope!!

ReputationRep:
    The reports that say that 1 in every 6 applicant will be fighting for one place is so scary!

Especially as I have NO insurance...I must be mental

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    The reports that say that 1 in every 6 applicant will be fighting for one place is so scary!

Wait How does that work I thought once you had a firm,there was basically place for you unless you don't get the grades I am totally confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)

We're all going to be fighting against each other like savages! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wait How does that work I thought once you had a firm,there was basically place for you unless you don't get the grades I am totally confused
    1 in 6 is about Clearing. If you have your firm / insurance, it's yours as long as you meet the conditions.

Please, please, let me have got BBC.

ReputationRep:
    But if I miss the grades then I have no insurance to fall back on

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood I think what the report implies is that for people who narrowly miss the grades then they wil be in fierce competetion with others to try and persuade that uni to let them have that one remanining place

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.