Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    This thread and all threads like this should be banned. As a study shows that looking at this thread will slow down time making the wait longer.
    lol that's actually very true. I re-subscribed to this thread and now time seems to be going slow. *unsubscribes*

ReputationRep:
    actually Simplicity, i think you're right - time seems to have slowed down now. I think i'm gonna unsubscibe for the moment too.

[Bet I won't even last a day]:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :rofl:
    So true! Its funny how people forget that some African parents can be as pushy! Thankfully mine aren't too bad. :woo:

Son to African parent: I really found the [insert name of subject] paper hard; I think I may end up with a B overall. *ducks as he prepares to get some dirty African slap*

African parent to son:
    So long as you've done your best, I'm still proud of you! *puts on a fake smile*

What they really mean: Boy, you better get those damn A grades and get into uni, or I'm disowning you! [Insert African relatives name]'s son went to [insert name of prestigious uni] to study [insert name of prestigious course]. I need you to do just as well, if not better, so I can brag about you at family reunions!

:p:
    thats my nan, it really annoys me though because she doesnt even speak to me unless she can use it to gain an upperhand on her sisters

ReputationRep:
    About time going slow. Its sad but the weather itself limits what I can do, for example I can't play tennis for two weeks as it been raining or looking likes it going to rain for ages. No parkour too. Although, that was lazyness not doing it on sunday.

So the only thing I can do is play computer games or internet.

P.S. Although, time hasen't really seem slow for me. I kept of thinking it must be 44 days to go not 33 days!
    P.P.S. At this rate it will soon be 10 days to go.
    P.P.P.S. I wonder if TSR will collapse under the strain of lots of user? yeah to last year. My brother will probably be on the computer at night so I would be trying to get to sleep. I wonder how I will actually sleep. I might just try and pull a all nighter then go on the computer at five a clock to check track?

I'm definitely waking up at 6am to check. When its it meant to be update? As I heard from my teacher that its 3am, but alot of TSR users say 6am to 7am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

I'm definitely waking up at 6am to check. When its it meant to be update? As I heard from my teacher that its 3am, but alot of TSR users say 6am to 7am.
    last year it was between 7am and 8am

i've got edexcel results plus so i'll just look at my results at 6am to see if i've met my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    last year it was between 7am and 8am

i've got edexcel results plus so i'll just look at my results at 6am to see if i've met my offer.
    urgh.... does ucas change at like 10am ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtina120891)
    urgh.... does ucas change at like 10am ?
    I'm not even sure anymore, but last year I remember people started posting saying their UCAS track had been updated at around 7am.

Theres a thread on it here, maybe you could ask around there, because I'm slightly confused.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=972029

and also the TSR Wiki

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day

ReputationRep:
    my friends got letters from ucas on results day, saying this, that and the other

im not sure it that helps, but if your postman comes before its updated then you'll know if you got it

ReputationRep:
    Last year people's ucas updated from 6.45am onwards

ReputationRep:
    What sometimes could happen is that they will get an email from the Uni saying how they have been accepted but I don't know if that is before Track updates

ReputationRep:
    well hopefully everything will be okay!

ReputationRep:
    32 days.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the first time I came across TSR was last year when I was trying to find out the GCSE results day. I also remember seeing a huge countdown thread like this too. :P I don't find time is going slower but thats not a bad thing really- it just means I have more time to prepare for my imminent death on that day. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I have missed my offer by a grade and I am sooooo worried I really want to go to UCL

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to check Track before or after I go pick up my result. If I do it before and it hasn't changed, I'll be mardy, but if I do it after, I'll be happier.....or mardy if it changed REALLY early

ReputationRep:
    Wtf does 'mardy' mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    Wtf does 'mardy' mean?
    A word popularly used in the Nottingham/East midlands area of england. Words with a similar meaning include: stroppy, moody, sulky, grumpy,

you know you could have looked that up yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etherealgrace)
    A word popularly used in the Nottingham/East midlands area of england. Words with a similar meaning include: stroppy, moody, sulky, grumpy,

you know you could have looked that up yourself!

Yeah, I know, laziness is a foul thing. I also thought it would be something along those lines, given the context of the sentence. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though there are a billion people somersaulting in my tummy... i'm SO NERVOUS!
    i hope my uni accidently sends me a letter of congrats a couple of days early, apparently that happens sometimes? oh god i feel so sick

ReputationRep:
    My first post on this thread :awesome:

For my GCSEs, I was nervous after I finished my last exam. Results would be the thing that lingered on my mind all day. But for my AS results, I don't seem to be as nervous. Infact, this time, I've not really thought about it too much.

I guess the build up to results day is like getting drunk. Building up to it, you'll have a couple of drinks, you won't really feel anything. As the days pass by, you start to feel tipsy. When it comes to a week before, you're completely ****** out of your head. The day before, well put it this way, you're bent over a table being taken from behind :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.