Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    About a month to go. Argh, I feel so stupid and angry at myself for putting myself through all this stressing about results. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had the ability to just BLOCK OUT EVERYTHING and actually work, but instead I left it to cramming. I've failed.

I should have learned from my disappointments (mainly my ASs, and even my GCSEs could have been a lot better), but they just seem to put me off even more! I NEED these grades for my firm choice though - I thought at least THAT would motivate me. I need AAB...

ReputationRep:
    I've given up. Don't really care what I get.

ReputationRep:
    31 days :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etherealgrace)
    A word popularly used in the Nottingham/East midlands area of england. Words with a similar meaning include: stroppy, moody, sulky, grumpy,

you know you could have looked that up yourself!
    Mardy is a Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire thing

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Don't care about results anymore. I'll worry the night before.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question:

Will teachers/referees/head teachers/ any staff find out via UCAS or any other means our results or if we have got our firm choice before the day of the results?

A lot of information is being juggled about but nothing seems to clarify this!

thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    Mardy is a Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire thing
    And Yorkshire. I'm Yorkshire born and bred, and we use it a hell of a lot here. Arctic Monkeys song; mardy bum. They're from Sheffield like meeeeeeeee.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm wise to take a driving lesson on reults day? :P My gosh can't believe it's 31 days. *Looks back 31 days ago* 18th June. That was like the day after my last exam. Time has floown!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    Quick question:

Will teachers/referees/head teachers/ any staff find out via UCAS or any other means our results or if we have got our firm choice before the day of the results?

thnx
    School get them a day or two early I think, so yeah they probably have a look at them. I think some schools even compile the results onto a sheet of paper for their students, so I think the teachers will know.

ReputationRep:
    :beer:
    Guys One Day Before a Month Till Results

:bumps:
    :yeah: :bl: :bl: :bl: :pingu: :bee: :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgirl)
    I feel like I have missed my offer by a grade and I am sooooo worried I really want to go to UCL
    Same with exeter. The last month or so I have been telling myself I'm not going to such an extent that I actually now believe it. It's a case of if your pesimistic you can't be disappointed. On the other hand if I don't get into my insurance then I will be properly screwed :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    Hmmm wise to take a driving lesson on reults day? :P My gosh can't believe it's 31 days. *Looks back 31 days ago* 18th June. That was like the day after my last exam. Time has floown!
    That means we are half way! Uh oh

ReputationRep:
    No, just, noooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone here ever got a high A in AQA biology BYB7?
    what was the result like?
    what was your total UMS for AQA B biology?

just curious lol

ReputationRep:
    Nerves hitting me a little bit now as we near the month mark.

Eeek. Least I've got 2 weeks in France to distract me

ReputationRep:
    Byb1 78/90
    Byb2 74/90
    Byb3 106/120
    Byb4 76/90
    Byb5 78/90
    Byb7 82/120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    Quick question:

thnx
    Well, in my sixth form we were made to fill in a form detailing our uni places and the grades we have to achieve. This was apparently done so that if we have fallen short of what we need then the teachers can warn us in advance i.e. the night before or early morning?

ReputationRep:
    A month from now it will be the day before... However scared we are now times that by 10 and thats how scared we'll be the day before!

ReputationRep:
    Everything is moving so fast. I should start to watch Pokemon soon and maybe DBZ like I did last year.

ReputationRep:
    I was never scared with GCSE's...it was litreally a couple of days before I was like oh yeah, results soon...it was just about getting into 6th form. then for AS there's the chance of retakes and no expectations or requirements, as long as I dont fail. but a levels on the other hand...........

KILLL ME NOWWW!

i was reading throguh the forum for last year, for the mornig of results day...people going on trackk....and people getting their places and some getting unsuccessfuls....totally not helping :|

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.