Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    it was my easiest exam (with the most surprising question though via a realism essay...wtf?)

i needed 135 UMS for an A outta 210
    :yep:
    The essay was the worst part of the exam. I died a little inside when I read it. :sadnod:
    I needed an E in the exam to get a B overall, but had to do a two retakes so I could get an A (hopefully). :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    11 i hate this thread

How about you?!?!?
    Haha me tooooooooo. :woo::yes:

Do you think the wait is fair? I mean can't they make it quicker! Someone should do a protest!

ReputationRep:
    take it no one else was on WJEC for biology then?

anyone on OCR for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    How was sociology as a subject? They didn't do it at our school but it seems interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I just love my humanities It is an addiction! Socio, Psych and Politics FTW :woo:

(Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Haha me tooooooooo. :woo::yes:

Do you think the wait is fair? I mean can't they make it quicker! Someone should do a protest!
    woooooooooooo!

Ill start if you do but then i want to wait .... :woo: :eek3: :eek:

Im not crazy i swear! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    :yep:
    The essay was the worst part of the exam. I died a little inside when I read it. :sadnod:
    I needed an E in the exam to get a B overall, but had to do a two retakes so I could get an A (hopefully). :yy:
    yeh. i only need BCC, so socio and psy were not my main concerns during summer whatsoever.

what areas of sociology did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    How was sociology as a subject? They didn't do it at our school but it seems interesting.
    1st year it seems a bit of a doss subject but when I was revising for the synoptic I was utterly surprised by how interesting it was, the theories by Durkheim, Marx, Giddens etc was great to learn!

(Original post by jerzydee)
    unit 5 was confused.com but i went over it
    Agreed.com!

They will lower the requirments right? I hope so! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Did anyone do OCR biology here?
    I DID!
    And you didn't reply to my essay. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    alright. u do alot on theories of society, and y it is the way it is etc etc. learn alot of names and have to quote wt they think about society in essays, and then learn statistics and trends in society, and have to be able to explain them etc.

its stuff like why do the working class not do as well in education than middle class, why are working class more likely to be arrested, go to prison, and be part of a single parent family etc etc, and how everything is interlinked.

ReputationRep:
    :rip: im dying from toothache :rip:

ReputationRep:

they did at my school + psychology and many people did better at it than psychology where the average grade was a U

but that said the teacher we had is now gone

so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    1st year it seems a bit of a doss subject but when I was revising for the synoptic I was utterly surprised by how interesting it was, the theories by Durkheim, Marx, Giddens etc was great to learn!
    marx is a legend.

so is durkheim, those his suicide theory is a bit weird. lol. did u do the opposite theory to durkheims suicide theory, atkinson? thats SOOO strange!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ten Days

ReputationRep:
    woooooooooooo!

Ill start if you do but then i want to wait ....

Im not crazy i swear!
    Hmmmmmmmmm are you sure your not crazy! lol results day syndrome!

It's toooo cold I'l stay in tonight, have some tea and cake!:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.com!

They will lower the requirments right? I hope so! :woo:
    if they loer them then imay get a b or an A

ReputationRep:
    i'm off, i think this is going to move really quickly :p:
    oh dear its comming round so soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I just love my humanities It is an addiction! Socio, Psych and Politics FTW :woo:
    What was psychology like?
    It seemed really interesting, but so many of my friends dropped it after AS cos it was hard, apparently.

(Original post by The Morrigu)
    yeh. i only need BCC, so socio and psy were not my main concerns during summer whatsoever.

what areas of sociology did you do?
    I did Family, Education and Methods for AS (which were really easy, cos I'd already done them for GCSE. We just had to learn some extra info on theories). For A2 I did Methods and Theory, Religion and Crime and Deviance.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I DID!
    And you didn't reply to my essay. :sigh:
    You did? howd u find it? essay?? IM SORRY i didn't see it, ill look for it now, sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.