Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Did anyone do OCR biology here?
    I did. I failed, I dropped it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    marx is a legend.

so is durkheim, those his suicide theory is a bit weird. lol. did u do the opposite theory to durkheims suicide theory, atkinson? thats SOOO strange!
    I know these people. What course is this? I did them in philosophy!:woo:

(Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Hmmmmmmmmm are you sure your not crazy! lol results day syndrome!

It's toooo cold I'l stay in tonight, have some tea and cake!:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
    yea well you have it tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh :unsure: so much for yeaaa lets do something :p:
    Teaaaa!!! im off! goodnight everyone! ill be back to panic some more tomorrow! :woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    LOL! JUST LOOKED BACK AND NOTICED THAT I HAVE GOTTEN 4 MILESTONE POSTS, 2 OF WHICH BY ACCIDENT! #4000 (accident), #4444, #5555 AND #5678 (accident) LOL!
    :woo:

(Original post by SuperStaah)
    What was psychology like?
    It seemed really interesting, but so many of my friends dropped it after AS cos it was hard, apparently.

I did Family, Education and Methods for AS (which were really easy, cos I'd already done them for GCSE. We just had to learn some extra info on theories). For A2 I did Methods and Theory, Religion and Crime and Deviance.

What about you?
    did exactly the same! lol.

theory and methods paper this year was SOOOO easy. i did the essay on post-modernism and finished the booklet. XD our teacher was obsessed with the theory.

(Original post by jerzydee)
    if they loer them then imay get a b or an A
    Good luck
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You did? howd u find it? essay?? IM SORRY i didn't see it, ill look for it now, sorry
    Yeah, didn't like it at all
    I re-did Human Health & Transport, HHD was okay, Transport wasn't really...
    Central Concepts was HORRIBLE, Synoptic was weird (that question about the bonds in quarternary structure totally threw me, and that 9 / 10 marker about how photosynthesis and respiration linked up seemed too good to be true...).
    And for the option one I did Mammalian Physiology, which was okay, but only because I'd done HHD & Transport, cause it was really synopticy - my friends who hadn't done the re-take came out feeling really low about it.

I'm hoping for low grade boundaries. I only need to get 174 UMS for the year though, cause I only need a C in biology to get into Uni (assuming English & Theatre are both B's!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Well, I was on here until about 2, then I started watching Eastenders (this is a part of my getting-ready-for-church ritual), then I went and had a shower and sorta stopped posting when I came back cause I was getting ready, then it took me a while to work out what to wear and generally make myself look presentable, then I went to church Took me 40 minutes to get there. There was traffic :sigh:.
    Half an hour?! I could never get ready for church in half an hour!!
    Mostly because I procrastinate while I'm getting ready.

I am an A2er!
    BBC at York to do Applied Social Science Crime
    280 UCAS (CCCc) at Brighton to do Criminology & Sociology.

What about you?
    Eastenders? tututtut, such a depressing show, its always to negative!! Why does it always take girls ages to get ready?? lol oohh criminology cool i was once interested in that, Im an A2er too, BBC at University of Ulster for Biomedical Science with Diploma in Prof Practice (pathology), my insurance is Queens University Belfast Biomedical science
    Did you do good in your AS?

ReputationRep:
    This is a long shot but xD while we're waiting, any girlies from manchester fancy a chat?

ReputationRep:
    I've pretty much felt sick about results since my last exam. I've spent weeks wishing the results could come quicker and now i wish i never had to see them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Yeah, didn't like it at all
    I re-did Human Health & Transport, HHD was okay, Transport wasn't really...
    Central Concepts was HORRIBLE, Synoptic was weird (that question about the bonds in quarternary structure totally threw me, and that 9 / 10 marker about how photosynthesis and respiration linked up seemed too good to be true...).
    And for the option one I did Mammalian Physiology, which was okay, but only because I'd done HHD & Transport, cause it was really synopticy - my friends who hadn't done the re-take came out feeling really low about it.

I'm hoping for low grade boundaries. I only need to get 174 UMS for the year though, cause I only need a C in biology to get into Uni (assuming English & Theatre are both B's!)
    Ohhhh I think I have talked to you before about biology, Im the guy who did central concepts in Jan??? or am i having really bad deja vu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    I know these people. What course is this? I did them in philosophy!:woo:
    did this in sociology XD

alot of peeps in my socio class did philosophy and theology, and said they they recognised alot of these people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    I've pretty much felt sick about results since my last exam. I've spent weeks wishing the results could come quicker and now i wish i never had to see them
    hello hello hello stranger

how be thee my fellow future-forensic anthropologist (yes - positive thinking!)

ReputationRep:
    still going strong eh...
    do you all just live on this thread??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    This is a long shot but xD while we're waiting, any girlies from manchester fancy a chat?
    about what exactly? hm?

we got a LONG wait see....

ReputationRep:
    Eastenders? tututtut, such a depressing show, its always to negative!! Why does it always take girls ages to get ready?? lol oohh criminology cool i was once interested in that, Im an A2er too, BBC at University of Ulster for Biomedical Science with Diploma in Prof Practice (pathology), my insurance is Queens University Belfast Biomedical science
    Did you do good in your AS?
    Ooh, what campus are you hoping to go to? My dad works at Coleraine, so I would be contractually obliged to judge you if you were going to Jordanstown. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    hello hello hello stranger

how be thee my fellow future-forensic anthropologist (yes - positive thinking!)

long time no chat (I've been on holiday) I'm trying to be optimistic but the more I think about my exams the worse I feel, I just want it to be over and am praying that I've got what i need

ReputationRep:
    about what exactly? hm?

we got a LONG wait see....
    anythinggggggggggg, dumped recently ftw

ReputationRep:
    and wow.

i have sooo just noticed that there are fellow mancunians on this thread.

i am rather slow.

think its the talk of all the spam earlier which has done this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    long time no chat (I've been on holiday) I'm trying to be optimistic but the more I think about my exams the worse I feel, I just want it to be over and am praying that I've got what i need
    your doing the four year arent you?

BCC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    Ooh, what campus are you hoping to go to? My dad works at Coleraine, so I would be contractually obliged to judge you if you were going to Jordanstown. :awesome:
    WHHAAAAAATT he works there? what as???? Its the Coleraine campus lol

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.