Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    take it no one else was on WJEC for biology then?

anyone on OCR for chemistry?
    Yup, me. Only did Module 5 in June though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    anythinggggggggggg, dumped recently ftw
    ahhh badtimes.

so what area of manc are u from? and wt a/as levels u waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Oh what board did you do for Economics? Mine was OCR, the thing is, the 2888 paper was damn easy but I was really nervous that day and I was shaking because it's worth 120UMS, grade boundary will be really high.
    did edexcel, and unit 4 was just NOT so damn easy, was glad to find out tho that most people felt the same way could mean low boundaries....i wish.

hope all goes well anyway. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    that for biology i take it?

wt did u think of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    This is a long shot but xD while we're waiting, any girlies from manchester fancy a chat?
    while we wait until results day? that's a lotta chit-chat :rolleyes:
    well what do you wanna chat about??

Okay..i am WAY too slow for this thread :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    WHHAAAAAATT he works there? what as???? Its the Coleraine campus lol
    Lol, my dad works in the library, so there's no doubt you'll see him some day! My Dad always complains about how stupid the students at Coleraine are, though. Like, they ask him stupid questions and block doors so yeah... watch out for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    What was psychology like?
    It seemed really interesting, but so many of my friends dropped it after AS cos it was hard, apparently.
    Psychology is okay, very similar in a way to Sociology except the stress is on studies not theories..

I guess the thing that is difficult about the subject is the amount of studies we must revise.. A2 we had to revise 48 studies

It was horrid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    while we wait until results day? that's a lotta chit-chat :rolleyes:
    well what do you wanna chat about??

Okay..i am WAY too slow for this thread :o:
    thats not so different from my response lol.

ReputationRep:
    yea Im fully freaked about my biology.......the exams were AWFUL!!
    Your sig is great! :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I decided to combine our conversations

Eastenders? tututtut, such a depressing show, its always to negative!! Why does it always take girls ages to get ready?? lol oohh criminology cool i was once interested in that, Im an A2er too, BBC at University of Ulster for Biomedical Science with Diploma in Prof Practice (pathology), my insurance is Queens University Belfast Biomedical science
    Did you do good in your AS?
    Ohhh I love Eastenders - shhhh. It makes me feel better Haha. It takes us ages cause we want to look perfect, and perfection takes a while Haha.

I did... well, interestingly. I've ended up with CCCC at AS with retakes, however, one of the C's is 209 UMS and one is 208 UMS - ONE / TWO MARKS (respectively) below a B. I retook Theatre (208) in the hope that it'll go up a few more marks to lower the pressure at A2. How about you?

Ooh, Biomed - I was once looking at doing that! Haha. Lots of my friends are going down that route - I'm the only future Criminologist in my year! I feel special :cool:

Ohhhh I think I have talked to you before about biology, Im the guy who did central concepts in Jan??? or am i having really bad deja vu?
    OH YEAHH, we have spoken of this! Seeing as the only paper we did the same was the Unifying, lets talk about that I'm really unsure as to how I've done in that

ReputationRep:
    your doing the four year arent you?

BCC?
    Yep, which takes the pressure off a little bit but I know I've failed maths which means I have to have gotten at least a c in physics and the synoptic paper sucked

Are you doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    u didn't do unit 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    yea well you have it tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh so much for yeaaa lets do something
    Teaaaa!!! im off! goodnight everyone! ill be back to panic some more tomorrow!
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm panic! Sleep is good - Dreams are baaaad!

I don't know I'm confused !!!:woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    Any one seen "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" I need to watch this!!?

ReputationRep:
    marx is a legend.

so is durkheim, those his suicide theory is a bit weird. lol. did u do the opposite theory to durkheims suicide theory, atkinson? thats SOOO strange!
    Oooh J Atkinson! The interactionist! I loved the suicide theories they were damn cool! but I think Durkheim was a bit snobby about it, Atkinson was understanding

Durkheim just thought unmarried poor people committed suicide and Atkinson was like it depends upon the meanings attached to the act

So coool :cool:

Bet I failed

That realist essay really made me spew out ********!

loool

ReputationRep:
    did this in sociology XD

alot of peeps in my socio class did philosophy and theology, and said they they recognised alot of these people.
    Yeah a lot of overlap. It touched my psychology too.

I'd love to speak to the fella who did 18 a-levels. The overlap must have been immense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Any one seen "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" I need to watch this!!?
    I loved that movie! Hahaha was too funny, one bit near the beginning (like 20 mins into it) will make you gag for two reasons :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    Lol, my dad works in the library, so there's no doubt you'll see him some day! My Dad always complains about how stupid the students at Coleraine are, though. Like, they ask him stupid questions and block doors so yeah... watch out for that.
    so where are you planning to go? lol yea i'll prob not survive up there, just me luck eh? aw well thats student life for ya eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    Yep, which takes the pressure off a little bit but I know I've failed maths which means I have to have gotten at least a c in physics and the synoptic paper sucked

Are you doing the same?
    yep im going in wit a lil more confidence that u, cause i already have a C in psy, and need 75 UMS for a B outta 210 in sociology. just need a C in my proper sciences, which is where some of my worry is coming from :/

good luck though, cause we will be the minority up there from the looks of it....

ReputationRep:
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease god AAA!!! I NEEEEEEEED OXFORD!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! :woo:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.