Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony168)
    Omg. I had 3 hours of Chemistry in the morning and 3 hours of Economics in the afternoon! A friend of mine had Politics scheduled after that too but instead, he had to sleep over a teacher's house to do it the following day!
    lol. yeh was gonna have 3 hours of chemistry, and 2 hours of sociology all in the afternoon. so i would be finish about 6pmish. and then exams thought that would be a silly idea, and put chemistry in the morning, so i had a supervised lunch instead....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    that is one good thing about sociology though.

u can throw anything at it, and it will probably hit the mark XD
    Just hope it really works this year I am really freaking out, I mean after that Telegraph article about 130,000 students getting into clearing, I am no longer a happy bunny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Japanese?? awesome never heard anyone going to study that! what do you need to get into Cambridge? yea I noticed that on an open day I was like havnt we just been here?? lol but most of my classes are in the new molecular biology centre, I was up at the uni for a week there a few weeks back for New Horizon a christian event so I know my way around a tiny bit now lol
    Urg, I know, I'm cursing myself for having such a random and obscure course I want to do lol. For Cambridge I imagine I'd need all As at AS (unsure about one ******* subject where I might get a B though :mad: ) and then at least one A* at A-level. I'm thinking my best bet for the A* would be French or Politics, because I find them piss easy and, well, I have no chance in Maths!

Heh, the problem with the uni is they keep changing the departments around, so even my Dad doesn't know where everything is! The new buildings are pretty easy to spot, though, so I'd be thankful for that!

Ah yeah, I know New Horizon. My Dad usually doesn't like the influx of people during the summer, but thought you were all very well behaved this year and was pleasantly surprised hee hee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    When I went for my interview I was the only English one, there were two Scottish girls and one Irish but I know for a fact that one of the Scottish and the Irsish girl definitely didnt get in so...from what I've found boys on our course are few and far between too
    I have found one guy. thats it.

it is such sad times when we are all gonna be in class together.

though i reckon he is gonna be loving it!

ReputationRep:
    this is true. i have found another girl who is from england, and then a girl who i think might be from near the border, im not to sure.

i think she took offence when i called her scottish, but she had a scottish accent and i got confused....

eeeeek im not doing well already am i? lol. no worries, you should be alright wit you subjects, u never know u might get like a B or something and be really surprised!
    When I went for my interview I was the only English one, there were two Scottish girls and one Irish but I know for a fact that one of the Scottish and the Irsish girl definitely didnt get in so...from what I've found boys on our course are few and far between too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Just hope it really works this year I am really freaking out, I mean after that Telegraph article about 130,000 students getting into clearing, I am no longer a happy bunny
    WOAHHHHH

what article?!1?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is bored and has not seen me post these before watch these videos about results day (not for the weak!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dodub0te4I&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3wG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFpBr3DpkI

ReputationRep:
    WOAHHHHH

what article?!1?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...rejection.html

But they are using mathematics to create this assumption it may not actually happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Yeah, JUST below. Very, very irritating :huff:.
    I hope I'd get them - I really wanna go to York!! Well done last year AAA's impressive
    This year has gone somewhat better that last year, as far as I'm concerned - I retook two English modules, one went up from a low C to 3 marks below an A, which was a nice surprise Third time lucky! Well done on Central
    My coursework was about the correlation of oxygen concentration and the population of the species Gammarus (little, pointless shrimp things). We went to this place in Suffolk to do it - it was quite fun What was your coursework??
    I thought that photosynthesis question was too easy to be true - I hope that it was truly as easy as it seemed - 9 easy marks!
    ONLY NINE PEOPLE? There were eight in my class, but there were three sets! My sixth form has 200 people!!

Good luck - you're in with a shout, I've worked out that it's all about the numbers adding up I'm sure you'll get the grades!
    Oh you will get them don't worry, though it always is so easy to say to someone else they will make it but you can never say that about yourself. Ouch I don't like the sound of that. Mine was on what Sugar provides the fastest rate of respiration in yeast. It was ok, glad to get it over with lol. Yea it is all about the marks, if I didn't do them exams in june I would come out with 391 UMS which is a C that means I only needed 29 UMS from the 2 papers to get a B and the 2 papers combined are out of 150 UMS so I only needed 29/150 UMS to get a B which when I say it like that seems easy but I keep thinking I got lower than a U in them papers if thats possible

ReputationRep:
    I have found one guy. thats it.

it is such sad times when we are all gonna be in class together.

though i reckon he is gonna be loving it!

I've only found one guy too, probably the same one lol there must be more, surely, at least first year there should be more cos some of our classes are with other life sciences classes so that should boost the male numbers

ReputationRep:
    Its all media hype! UCAS should have loadsa places!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone opted in for the UCAS texts thing? I just did it. Fingers crossed they will text me at 00:01 or something lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    Urg, I know, I'm cursing myself for having such a random and obscure course I want to do lol. For Cambridge I imagine I'd need all As at AS (unsure about one ******* subject where I might get a B though :mad: ) and then at least one A* at A-level. I'm thinking my best bet for the A* would be French or Politics, because I find them piss easy and, well, I have no chance in Maths!

Heh, the problem with the uni is they keep changing the departments around, so even my Dad doesn't know where everything is! The new buildings are pretty easy to spot, though, so I'd be thankful for that!

Ah yeah, I know New Horizon. My Dad usually doesn't like the influx of people during the summer, but thought you were all very well behaved this year and was pleasantly surprised hee hee.

You'll do grand it always works out ok in the end! lol yea it really does cos so much traffic congestion every year, but yea we were very well behaved lol. It was the best week of my life love living with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Anyone who is bored and has not seen me post these before watch these videos about results day (not for the weak!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dodub0te4I&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3wG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFpBr3DpkI
    Lol at the first link, how all the students are saying how they waiting all holiday for it, and how it distracted them! Because that is exactly what is happening now :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the first link, how all the students are saying how they waiting all holiday for it, and how it distracted them! Because that is exactly what is happening now
    Haha sooooooooo tureee

But look how calm they are when they have the results ...........

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    Its all media hype! UCAS should have loadsa places!
    That is true but it doesn't help does it!

(Original post by Gallifrey)
    Has anyone opted in for the UCAS texts thing? I just did it. Fingers crossed they will text me at 00:01 or something lol
    You can do that? I am so doing that!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha sooooooooo tureee

I cant even imagine feeling that calm anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    Could you give me the link to apply for that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Oh you will get them don't worry, though it always is so easy to say to someone else they will make it but you can never say that about yourself. Ouch I don't like the sound of that. Mine was on what Sugar provides the fastest rate of respiration in yeast. It was ok, glad to get it over with lol. Yea it is all about the marks, if I didn't do them exams in june I would come out with 391 UMS which is a C that means I only needed 29 UMS from the 2 papers to get a B and the 2 papers combined are out of 150 UMS so I only needed 29/150 UMS to get a B which when I say it like that seems easy but I keep thinking I got lower than a U in them papers if thats possible
    That's very true - it's hard to see clearly when it's your own results on the line!
    Well I don't like the sound of your coursework! Far too lab-based for me; I liked being out in the field with a net and a quadrat!!
    Oh wow! You've already got 391 UMS? I wish I was in your position, but alas, they made us do everything in summer, so I have no idea. I don't even know what my coursework was, becuase my teacher is slightly incapable and moody, and so he didn't let us know properly. And talked about rowing. Constantly. I wish I could have taken an A level in rowing. :huff:
    I'm sure you haven't got a U - to get a U you have to get under 1/3 of the paper right... which is why I think I may have gotten a U in Central :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Haha sooooooooo tureee

True but we still have 10 days *sniffles*

10 days of HELLLLLL

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.