Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...rejection.html

But they are using mathematics to create this assumption it may not actually happen!
    ugh.

that is VERY bleak....

ReputationRep:
    Look at this BBC video, everyone starts clapping for the guy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7559063.stm

ReputationRep:
    True but we still have 10 days *sniffles*

10 days of HELLLLLL
    I may need therapy before these ten days are done lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    I've only found one guy too, probably the same one lol there must be more, surely, at least first year there should be more cos some of our classes are with other life sciences classes so that should boost the male numbers
    i am relying on the fact that there will be guys in our classes due to other life sciences subjects. -sigh-.

ReputationRep:
    Could you give me the link to apply for that
    Your probly already done it. When you register it says do you want UCAS to contact you by phone. Most people click yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    ugh.

that is VERY bleak....
    I know!!

(Original post by Squillyfer)
    I may need therapy before these ten days are done lol
    Same!

(Original post by Gallifrey)
    Has anyone opted in for the UCAS texts thing? I just did it. Fingers crossed they will text me at 00:01 or something lol
    I just realised that I am already "opted" for it, I signed into Track, clicked personal end ticked for receiving information by sms message!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    u didn't do unit 6?
    Did it in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    I cant even watch the videos anymore, watching other peoples results is just making worse, and I didnt even think that was possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    That's very true - it's hard to see clearly when it's your own results on the line!
    Well I don't like the sound of your coursework! Far too lab-based for me; I liked being out in the field with a net and a quadrat!!
    Oh wow! You've already got 391 UMS? I wish I was in your position, but alas, they made us do everything in summer, so I have no idea. I don't even know what my coursework was, becuase my teacher is slightly incapable and moody, and so he didn't let us know properly. And talked about rowing. Constantly. I wish I could have taken an A level in rowing. :huff:
    I'm sure you haven't got a U - to get a U you have to get under 1/3 of the paper right... which is why I think I may have gotten a U in Central :bawling:
    haha coursework was ok i thought it would be worse but everything went well, hahah rowing a-level that would be interesting, well i just hope I get a high U in both papers as that will give me a B overall, funny how that wors isnt it?? dont worry hopefully they will lower gradeboundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    that for biology i take it?

wt did u think of the exam?
    Nah, for Chemistry OCR.

I did the MAD option, thought both papers were pretty decent really, nothing hard, but I need 30/90 for an A so not terribly bothered lol.

ReputationRep:
    208 posts left so I guess that is under 10 ages til the 6000th post :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Your probly already done it. When you register it says do you want UCAS to contact you by phone. Most people click yes.

when you log in go to personal and at the bottom there is for check boxes and one says about ucas contactin you via sms.

ReputationRep:
    There were a record 827,737 A-level entries and 1.13 million AS-levels this year from more than 600,000 students

last year surely they havent increased that much

so whoever said 6 million ....

ReputationRep:
    Guys! we will soon be battling for 6000th post, whos gonna take my title from me?

ReputationRep:
    Could you give me the link to apply for that

It's on UCAS track, if you click personal you can tick the box to receive updates by text

I have a feeling they won't text results, just say when the status of your application has changed. What I plan to do is put my phone by the side of my bed, go to sleep (hopefully) and then let the text from UCAS wake me. That way I won't have to do much waiting around, I can just wake up and find out if I'm in or not :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    haha coursework was ok i thought it would be worse but everything went well, hahah rowing a-level that would be interesting, well i just hope I get a high U in both papers as that will give me a B overall, funny how that wors isnt it?? dont worry hopefully they will lower gradeboundaries
    A high U? Wow, lucky you I need a high D. C'mon 174 UMS! I really hope they lower the grade boundaries - my life would be so much easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    It's on UCAS track, if you click personal you can tick the box to receive updates by text

I have a feeling they won't text results, just say when the status of your application has changed. What I plan to do is put my phone by the side of my bed, go to sleep (hopefully) and then let the text from UCAS wake me. That way I won't have to do much waiting around, I can just wake up and find out if I'm in or not :eek3:
    Ah good plan!

I've just signed up for ucas texts, I bet we just get loads of random advert ones though and no helpful results day message!

ReputationRep:
    One word to sum up that telegraph report.

****!

Surely it'd be more sensible to safeguard those who do very well in A-Levels over those who do average?

ReputationRep:
    aahh not long to go now! i am so nervous

ooh anyone watching Munich on BBC2 pretty god film so far i am doing anything to pass the time now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    Ah good plan!

I've just signed up for ucas texts, I bet we just get loads of random advert ones though and no helpful results day message!

If I keep getting adverts then I will have to opt out again because every time they text me, I'm going to stop breathing & that is not good. :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.