Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    :hide:

I be pretty scared.

And I've still got 4 exams to go!

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 exams left, both tomorrow. And unlike everyone else, I'm really looking forward to results day... {because it's my 18th too } I'm gonna check track because I really don't want to go to my insurance uni, but I'm fairly confident. Famous last words... :P

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaaha at that youtube clip (yes I'm nasty). When my dad did his A levels, he was away on holiday for results day so the teacher had to phone up with his results, and he got confused and gave my dad the wrong results, telling him he'd got DDDD when he'd actually got AAAA. Considering my dad wanted to go Oxford it was a bad moment for him (you can tell from the amount of times he's told me the story lol)

I am trying not to think about results day, clicking on this thread wasn't the best idea lol. Good luck to everyone

It'd be shameful for me not be involved in any type of countdown thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. 66 days sounds scary!

ReputationRep:
    This is actually going to be ther first results day I go to since GCSEs

AS summer was on holiday

This spring I was in London for 3 days over results day for an interview.

Will have been to the 2 bigguns though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, i'm away on results day mooching around China on a cultural visit with the PMGF but on results day they are sure to make special provisions for internet and telephones. My parents are going to read me them down the phone. Oh dear... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I kind of think that there should be 2 or 3 separate countdown threads to show difference in the 2 dates.

I remember the A-level countdown thread last year rapidly filling up last year and the craziness as time approached 7am!:yep: I kinda wish I could share that anxiety this year again but a'las I will be out of the country. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    When my dad did his A levels, he was away on holiday for results day so the teacher had to phone up with his results, and he got confused and gave my dad the wrong results, telling him he'd got DDDD when he'd actually got AAAA. Considering my dad wanted to go Oxford it was a bad moment for him (you can tell from the amount of times he's told me the story lol)
    I'm not sure how it happened, but my dad was told his two A level results by someone else. They told him he got two U's. My dad starting laughing. The guy who told him wasn't. He was being serious :p:

ReputationRep:
    66 days?
    Scarily close already!

Will feel like much less for me.
    I go on holiday and when I come back it will only be 3 days

AHHHH

ReputationRep:
    **** this thread, I still have five exams left.

ReputationRep:
    To me 66 days seems ages away... i've still go two more exams yet .

ReputationRep:
    66 days makes it sound soo near! :O
    I'm dreading results day. However I have my last exam tomorrow so shal just have to put it out of my mind!

ReputationRep:
    I hate how everyone who does open up their results on the telly does seem to get top grades. Where do they go, grammar schools?!

Lets say I've had a few sour results days in my time..

ReputationRep:
    66 days is so not enough.
    Although it's nearly 666, which makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    I still have 3 exams to go but this is a much better time to start this thread as opposed to when you started it like 5 months ago! 66 days really doesnt seem like a long time??

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite looking forwards to it now!

Bring it on! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    We have 66 days to go.
    Check out my timer!

ReputationRep:
    I've got 3 exams left.
    I'm looking forward to results day, I've always been on holiday during it so it'll be my first one.
    i'm not too fussed, I'm 99% sure I'll get into my insurance as it's an easy offer and i'll love to go there.

ReputationRep:
    I've been scared from the moment I started taking the exams. I am dreading results day. I wanted to make my parents so proud and I'm so scared that I won't be able to. I would be happy so long as I could get my GCSE Maths at a grade C so that I could get onto my course for September. Can that still be possible even if you've done badly in one paper?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.