Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    it has been bad weather these days so not too sure the examiners are is good moods...
    i just hope to god that whenever theyre faced with a "shall i give her that extra mark?", they do, every time

this time in our lives is so horrible, everythings on standby...EVERYTHING...i cant plan ahead, prepare myself, get excited for uni, anything.

ReputationRep:
    ^ That is exactly how I feel. I can't move forward at all. I fallen ill on the first exam paper for one of my exams that I need for Uni as well. I'm just sitting at my computer most nights just worrying about it all. I just wish I could get there, and make my parents proud. We've not had much luck lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    it has been bad weather these days so not too sure the examiners are is good moods...
    i just hope to god that whenever theyre faced with a "shall i give her that extra mark?", they do, every time

this time in our lives is so horrible, everythings on standby...EVERYTHING...i cant plan ahead, prepare myself, get excited for uni, anything.
    This is exactly how I feel.
    I want to get excited for Uni, but I can't!
    I wanna get excited cuz my friend's coming to visit from America in September, but I can't!
    I wanna get excited for GreenDay's gig in November, but I can't!
    Cuz I don't even know where I'll be in 2 months time! :confused:
    I hate all this. I just want to know what's gonna happen!

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks on Thur!! :-) I can remember counting form 10 weeks so its going very quick!!

ReputationRep:
    officially LESS than a month now!

ReputationRep:
    Aha, today is the one day I'm not going to worry about results, it's my 18th today so sod results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefxx)
    Aha, today is the one day I'm not going to worry about results, it's my 18th today so sod results!
    Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was so happy during the exams as I thought I have passed. But, now I don't really know what I did on the exam papers as it was ages ago. Luckly, I don't see a logical way for me to fail. But, then that could just be some sort of selective attention plus arrogrance.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...00&sec=00&p0=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Yeah, I was so happy during the exams as I thought I have passed. But, now I don't really know what I did on the exam papers as it was ages ago. Luckly, I don't see a logical way for me to fail. But, then that could just be some sort of selective attention plus arrogrance.
    With all the essay modules and subjects I did I see many ways to fail due to a) Misintepreting the question b) Dody marking c) Poor question wording d) Poor exam technique e) Writing about the wrong thing etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have never being at all confident about any of mine I got into every single exam except one and something went wrong like I ran out of time, not the right question or just paniced and forgot everything. I need AAB to get onto my course and if it doesnt happen there is no where else I want to go and the problem is im the only one of my friends with anything like that most of them are all BBC with ABB or BBB anyway and im AAB predicted AAB and im going away on the 30th July and dont know if I will be able to enjoy it. I keep saying I will be outside college at like 8am so I can be first to get my results because im so worried. Im ranting because now its less than a month away.

Doesnt everybody hate it when your friends go oh dont worry you will get it you always know the answers or your really clever and you know you wont and then you feel really depressed when you dont I hate it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, they've almost certainly finished marking all our papers. They may even have moderated them and have the final final results

ReputationRep:
    Guys stop freaking out. The results will be fine...trust me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    Guys stop freaking out. The results will be fine...trust me
    You beat me to it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickialice)
    I have never being at all confident about any of mine I got into every single exam except one and something went wrong like I ran out of time, not the right question or just paniced and forgot everything. I need AAB to get onto my course and if it doesnt happen there is no where else I want to go and the problem is im the only one of my friends with anything like that most of them are all BBC with ABB or BBB anyway and im AAB predicted AAB and im going away on the 30th July and dont know if I will be able to enjoy it. I keep saying I will be outside college at like 8am so I can be first to get my results because im so worried. Im ranting because now its less than a month away.

Doesnt everybody hate it when your friends go oh dont worry you will get it you always know the answers or your really clever and you know you wont and then you feel really depressed when you dont I hate it!!!!
    I would advise you (presuming you are waiting for your A2 results etc) to find out on track because being at college whilst when finding out whether all went well or not is a very delicate situation if it comes to the worse...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, i'm just getting royally ticked off - I want my results, NOW! Jw - is anyone else in the position where their firm and insurance want the exact same grades? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I would advise you (presuming you are waiting for your A2 results etc) to find out on track because being at college whilst when finding out whether all went well or not is a very delicate situation if it comes to the worse...
    worst situation? what can that be if I may ask lol:p:

(Original post by Homie)
    Hmmm, i'm just getting royally ticked off - I want my results, NOW! Jw - is anyone else in the position where their firm and insurance want the exact same grades? :eyeball:
    Mine are terrifyingly similar, although not exactly the same...
    AAB with an A in English ...
    ABB with an A in English .

So if I've got less than brilliant marks in English...No university for meeee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickialice)
    I know exactly how you feel!!The worst thing is even my teachers expect me to get good grades and its so hard to satisfy everyone. I hate it when my friends and peers say 'your so clever, your obviously going to get good grades'. But the question is how do they know? I might end up getting really bad grades and feel utterly humiliated. I feel as if there is too much pressure on me to do well and I don't know whether I'll be able to deliver. :s: :s: :s:

29 DAYS TO GO :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homie)
    Is anyone else in the position where their firm and insurance want the exact same grades? :eyeball:
    Me. >_<

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.