Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Woah 6000 posts gooooooooooooooone!

I wonder who got it!
    The Morrigu did it! *links to post*

ReputationRep:
    Hmmfff....why is it taking so ruddy LONG!? I don't even want to go to bed anymore, it's pointless, I never get to sleep, I've only just started noticing lumps in my mattress which have probably been there forever but are only beginning to bug me now...I'm going to have a bucket at the ready by my bed side on the 20th when I check track ( even though I said I wouldn't).

(Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Woah 6000 posts gooooooooooooooone!

I wonder who got it!
    I don't know, I might go and investigate :p:

EDIT: Chris found it

ReputationRep:
    This thread has turned into a posting spamfest. :naughty:

In other news, unis get our results this week! :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Good on you its pretty nice to see people doing that, I'm sure a lot more people do as well on this forum

Time is life, and life is time. Its the way it is. I wishi could stop it sometimes but it still ticks on. They do seem like good ways of spending time though

Will you have some time after RD?
    I'm quite possibly going out again to help on the night of RD!
    Then from the Saturday i've got a summer camp for a week; and then I may be able to squeeze in a few more before heading off to Uni.

I'll have to look at getting involved in something if i get in to Cardiff... it'll be interesting to see how it's done in a variety of different places!

-----
    So, your time... what's your job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    I'm meant to be studying Politics, but want to try and change it to History...

Who knows, who knows.

I don't think Holmes latest mystery would be my degree choice though
    The Adventure of the Ambiguous Academc :holmes:

Sorry, been reading too much :holmes: recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    This thread has turned into a posting spamfest. :naughty:

The Unis get our results on Sunday coming up...!

(Original post by CrazyChris)
    I'm quite possibly going out again to help on the night of RD!
    Then from the Saturday i've got a summer camp for a week; and then I may be able to squeeze in a few more before heading off to Uni.

I'll have to look at getting involved in something if i get in to Cardiff... it'll be interesting to see how it's done in a variety of different places!

-----
    So, your time... what's your job?

Ooo, so your results will depend on how much soup you give? :p: (just kidding)

I'd expect Cardiff to have some sort of organisation helping some people out, its just a larger city as Plymouth if not larger.

I work in Pharmacy as a dispensary assistant, and I'm a bit worried of how much this lack of sleep is going to affect my work in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    It would have been a Thursday, though. :p:
    Still would be the 13th... WoogityBoogity :iiam:

(Original post by onlinebacon)
    Ah well, nothing we can do now, just gotta relax
    Yes relax *cough* :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    The Adventure of the Ambiguous Academc :holmes:

Sorry, been reading too much :holmes: recently.
    You should never apologise for reading too much :holmes:

Right I'm gonna try and get some sleep. Feeling a little paniky again but I'm hoping it will pass.

Night all x x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Ooo, so your results will depend on how much soup you give? :p: (just kidding)

I'd expect Cardiff to have some sort of organisation helping some people out, its just a larger city as Plymouth if not larger.

I work in Pharmacy as a dispensary assistant, and I'm a bit worried of how much this lack of sleep is going to affect my work in the morning
    Hehe, how much soup I give will depend on my results. The better the results, the more generous I'd be :P [Unless that's what you meant!] Just kidding, in case somebody doesn't read it as a joke!

That sounds cool. Yeah, just be sure to double check that you're making out the right prescriptions.. and the correct strengths..!

And... yeah; (Cardiff's bigger) I think it's a similar situation to Plymouth where different churches/organisations do it on different nights. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Right I'm gonna try and get some sleep. Feeling a little paniky again but I'm hoping it will pass.

Night all x x x x
    Take care, sleep well; all the best...
    I hope you're okay; night x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    You should never apologise for reading too much
    Too much Holmes:holmes: I now think I am a coked-up detective with no friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    Too much Holmes:holmes: I now think I am a coked-up detective with no friends.
    You'll always have Watson :console:

ReputationRep:
    How long left?

ReputationRep:
    It is 10 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes and 13 seconds until Thursday, 20 August 2009, 10: 00: 00 (London time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiasco)
    How long left?
    simple answer: too long. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I'm definitely watching LT...I wanna see all those meth heads :coma:
    *reminisces: 2854/01 Jun 09, Q4*

(Original post by SuperStaah)
    Well, normally A Level students get their results on the second Thursday of August, and GCSE students get them on the third Thursday of August, but they're a week late this year. :dontknow:
    It's calculated as two Thursdays before August bank holiday for A-level, the Thursday before August bank holiday for GCSE, which is the same as 11 (A-level) / 4 (GCSE) days before the last Monday in August.

(Original post by mazzles)
    I can't do music theory
    :console:
    I really liked the music theory and history bits of A-level Music. It would have increased my interest in 20th (and 21st) century Western classical music if I had been taught what the system behind it was (it's not like a nice melody or dramatic harmony was a priority :rolleyes: ).

(Original post by The Morrigu)
    SO LETS DE-SPAM FOR A BIT (y)

WHAT A/AS LEVELS DID EVERYONE DO?
    An embarassing array.

Congratulations on the many milestones of Your Majesty The Morrigu.

(Original post by theciz)
    Urg, I know, I'm cursing myself for having such a random and obscure course I want to do lol. For Cambridge I imagine I'd need all As at AS (unsure about one ******* subject where I might get a B though :mad: ) and then at least one A* at A-level. I'm thinking my best bet for the A* would be French or Politics, because I find them piss easy and, well, I have no chance in Maths!
    The Cambridge college that I've applied to (and whose offer I'm hoping I've met :afraid:) has said that their standard offer for "Arts" subjects is AAA. See here. And you don't absolutely need all A's at AS.

(Original post by !MEna)
    :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    10 days to go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.