Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

(Original post by Simplicity)
    Seriously, get it treated. You don't really want to go blind in one eye just because you don't want to wear a eye patch. Can't you just get surgery and go to work and study. I guess you can live with one eye, but that logic is weak. Its like waking up one day and thinking you can live perfectly fine with only three fingers and then cutting off your little finger.

Yeah, that was like nine marks down the drain.
    I really don't want the operation. I'm hoping for it to improve more, it has on its ow since I was young. I am still getting regular eye tests for it just in case to keep a close eye on it. If it gets worse then I will get it corrected, but for now I don't want too.

What do you mean my "9 marks down the drain"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Seriously, get it treated. You don't really want to go blind in one eye just because you don't want to wear a eye patch. Can't you just get surgery and go to work and study. I guess you can live with one eye, but that logic is weak. Its like waking up one day and thinking you can live perfectly fine with only three fingers and then cutting off your little finger.

Yeah, that was like nine marks down the drain.
    I'm sure losing 9 marks from THAT paper still gets you an A... but I guess it depends on how high an A you want...

I lost around 30 marks from that M1 paper. Argh!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous about when I get my AS results, I'm getting a bit depressed because of it.

It's just that I've had a hell of a lot of anxiety during the AS Levels, and I'm worried that I won't get 3 A grades and that I won't be able to get into Oxford! I know I could just tell them I'm predicted 3 A grades at A2 but I want to get them at AS just to be sure. But the sense of security just isn't there like it was at GCSE...

Here's what I think I'll most likely be getting:

Mathematics (OCR-MEI) - A/B (If I get a B, I may have let myself down a bit in D1 and I'll be very annoyed)
    Physics (Edexcel) - B/C (I did have problems during the year with answering exam questions, but I revised everything and I was fairly confident in the exams - I just hope I wasn't just feeling confident but did rubbish in the exam )
    Chemistry (OCR B) - A/B (Seemed to go fine, but I'll be very annoyed if my coursework, which was at a B, lowers the exam marks)
    Geography (Edexcel) :mad: - C/D (I think I did pretty well in the Unit 1 exam but I think I f**ked up the Unit 2 exam, the amount of time was really tight for the exam)

So the worst case scenario for me is BBCD. :eek:

I just feel so miserable, did anyone else also have problems in Year 12 due to anxiety and insecurity?

ReputationRep:
    28 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    NOW I HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED TO PANICK:ashamed: :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    When I daydream about it (yes, I am that sad), there are two scenarios: one is nightmare-ish and the other a lovely dream...

1) On the day I get my hopes up a lot and then click the track button to find that both are unsuccessful - being crushed and then being pissed at myself for not working harder.

2) On the day finding out I have exceeded what I was supposed to get and being speechlessly overjoyed.

When I think about it I get soooo nervous/anxious/excited even though I know its a month away

I'm sure this is the same for everyone, but for me - there is no inbetween... weird....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    worst situation? what can that be if I may ask lol:p:
    "you-know-what"

badgrades*cough*badgrades

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have an insurance which isn't lower than their firm?
    Mine are both ABB, but that's because my firm was almost Exeter (AAA), and my insurance ABB. I didn't have offers which were any lower than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    Does anyone else have an insurance which isn't lower than their firm?
    Mine are both ABB, but that's because my firm was almost Exeter (AAA), and my insurance ABB. I didn't have offers which were any lower than that!
    yeah, me but i have a feeling that i will at least get in 1f them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    I'm really nervous about when I get my AS results, I'm getting a bit depressed because of it.

It's just that I've had a hell of a lot of anxiety during the AS Levels, and I'm worried that I won't get 3 A grades and that I won't be able to get into Oxford! I know I could just tell them I'm predicted 3 A grades at A2 but I want to get them at AS just to be sure. But the sense of security just isn't there like it was at GCSE...

Here's what I think I'll most likely be getting:

Mathematics (OCR-MEI) - A/B (If I get a B, I may have let myself down a bit in D1 and I'll be very annoyed)
    Physics (Edexcel) - B/C (I did have problems during the year with answering exam questions, but I revised everything and I was fairly confident in the exams - I just hope I wasn't just feeling confident but did rubbish in the exam )
    Chemistry (OCR B) - A/B (Seemed to go fine, but I'll be very annoyed if my coursework, which was at a B, lowers the exam marks)
    Geography (Edexcel) :mad: - C/D (I think I did pretty well in the Unit 1 exam but I think I f**ked up the Unit 2 exam, the amount of time was really tight for the exam)

So the worst case scenario for me is BBCD. :eek:

I just feel so miserable, did anyone else also have problems in Year 12 due to anxiety and insecurity?

Dude, you got practically straight A*s at GCSE. Stop worrying, I'm sure you did fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I dreamt I got an A in Biology, which would be nice even though I didn't do it.
    I dreamt that I was taking German GCSE exam the night before my English GCSE exam, and I never studied German
    Another freaky dream I had lately was opening the statement of results which didnt make any sense- some strange symbols instead of grades

ReputationRep:
    I really just want to know so i can plan ahead!
    Im really worried cause iv been so unlucky with exams and though the exams seemed to go well im practically borderline on every subject and so the slightest thing (mardy examiner, misinterpreting question, stupid nervous mistakes) can cost me. I really just want to make everyone proud. Ive worked so hard and everybody knows that and so for me to miss the grades will just be the most embarrasing thing ever. Does anyone else feel the same? I'm definatley going to be checking track in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Closer*)
    I really just want to know so i can plan ahead!
    Im really worried cause iv been so unlucky with exams and though the exams seemed to go well im practically borderline on every subject and so the slightest thing (mardy examiner, misinterpreting question, stupid nervous mistakes) can cost me. I really just want to make everyone proud. Ive worked so hard and everybody knows that and so for me to miss the grades will just be the most embarrasing thing ever. Does anyone else feel the same? I'm definatley going to be checking track in the morning!
    I definately feel this way myself. I have to gain an A in English and whilst it is very possible to do this, it's also very possible that I have fallen short of this target (and if i have then i may just not get into uni )

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone keep going over what they wrote in the exams and the previous feeling of "that went okay" is completely gone and now you're like what if I wroote the COMPLETE wrong things!?

I just hope I get at least a B in my history paper (AQA)...I genuinely feel I got a D in that one when I need a B 29 days is it? or 28?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    Does anyone keep going over what they wrote in the exams and the previous feeling of "that went okay" is completely gone and now you're like what if I wroote the COMPLETE wrong things!?
    Yep. Hopefully it'll be alleviated when I get my results...but what if it all went dreadfully wrong...?

ReputationRep:
    If only we cud hv a glimpse of the future that would be comforting.

ReputationRep:
    less than a month fml

ReputationRep:
    41276 minutes till track updates at 7am!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I keep going back to the same question on my M1 exam that I know I royally mucked up- for sure. It was a 5 marker, and it's really getting to me now. I'll be so annoyed if that costs me a grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymity007)
    Times like this make me feel affectionate towards the modular system... getting higher than the desired grade boundary each time means by this time you can afford to lose 2-4 grades per subject.
    You have to love the modular system. Get four high A's then relax and get what? C's and E's and walk out with a grade A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.