Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Thread should be renamed to 'Student Finance Help Desk'. :sigh:
    or "The Official 2009 Results Day Thread including Student Finance Support and Spam, incorporated within a stupidly long thread title in an attempt to be noticed by others so that we will definitely need a new thread and most definitely beat the Scots before results day is here"

Could work, I s'pose..!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone bac for a lil bit.

Took my SF about 8 weeks to come back, and im getting £6403 not including tuition.

I think thats the absolute maximum you can get too.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Thanks! I remembered it when I got on there.

They're still not saying that they've received the form with my new passport number, confirming my identity. :/
    No problem.
    Ah; they have a lot of processing that needs to be done; you never know but it could be next on the pile on one of the data-inputters' desks.

When did you send it off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    or "The Official 2009 Results Day Thread including Student Finance Support and Spam, incorporated within a stupidly long thread title in an attempt to be noticed by others so that we will definitely need a new thread and most definitely beat the Scots before results day is here"

Could work, I s'pose..!
    OMG WOW.

This thread should be renamed that just for giggles! It would make people go :eek3: just from looking at it!

ReputationRep:
    Not in Zone 1 / 2 = you'll get shot / stabbed. :woo:
    Bugger! What about Upper Edmonton, just applied for a job there and my dad is asleep (who is a taxi driver) so I can't ask him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    Hey everyone bac for a lil bit.

Took my SF about 8 weeks to come back, and im getting £6403 not including tuition.

I think thats the absolute maximum you can get too.....
    Welcome back!

Not including tuition fees...
    Loan: £3580; Grant: £2906. Total: £6486

Edit: If you want, give me your bank details and I'll send you £41.50, to even us out! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an email when it was updated?

When did you apply?
    I started the application around January ish yet had to wait from June to the end of July to send of my passport as I didn't want to lose it before my holiday.

No e-mail but the letter that came with my passport indicated in a cryptic way that everything was done on my part.

ReputationRep:
    Not in Zone 1 / 2 = you'll get shot / stabbed. :woo:
    that seems to be the coolest fad at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else here not get asked to send off a passport/other details to verify your own identity. =/

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back!

Not including tuition fees...
    Loan: £3580; Grant: £2906. Total: £6486

Edit: If you want, give me your bank details and I'll send you £41.50, to even us out! :p:
    Eh? Did not get any taken off for getting the full grant?

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else here not get asked to send off a passport/other details to verify your own identity. =/
    I didn't
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Me. Dunno why some had to and some didn't....
    Although, I have a digital passport, so maybe they did it that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Bugger! What about Upper Edmonton, just applied for a job there and my dad is asleep (who is a taxi driver) so I can't ask him...
    Quite bad apparently but as long as you keep yourself to yourself and wear a bulletproof vest and have an entourage of body guards you will be ok, maybe. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I have a tip that I heard somwhere on this forum:
    Go onto the UCAS course search site and fin your course and uni, if it is extra it is likely to be in clearing. If its in clearing this is a good sign as they may be more willing to accept people who fall short of their offer...perhaps :p:

Anywho, I think I'll unsubscribe from this thread and maybe join again when its a couple of days to go. See you lot soon

ReputationRep:
    No I just entered a number IIRC I found it strange that people were talking about sending their pps off as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    that seems to be the coolest fad at the moment
    Yeah it's really sad all these people and their families having their lives ruined.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    I have a tip that I heard somwhere on this forum:
    Go onto the UCAS course search site and fin your course and uni, if it is extra it is likely to be in clearing. If its in clearing this is a good sign as they may be more willing to accept people who fall short of their offer...perhaps :p:

Anywho, I think I'll unsubscribe from this thread and maybe join again when its a couple of days to go. See you lot soon
    Omg, MY COURSE IS IN EXTRA :woo:
    Theres hope!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey just have a question, seeing as you guys are on the topic of student finance, once you have it in your account is it your responsibility to pay the tuition fees and accommodation? And is the info of who to pay it to given after results to everyone? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Omg, MY COURSE IS IN EXTRA
    Theres hope!!
    Aww lucky, my uni has the great honour of never being in Clearing or Extra. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't :erm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.