Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    I'm exactly in the same mind frame. It's Warwick or nothing. Anyway good luck with the results, We could be in the same lectures in september :yes:
    Cool. Best of Luck. Think the best thing to do is too keep as busy as possible and watch the days fly by.

ReputationRep:
    When does the exam boards finish marking papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

I'd guess they'd be done by now, most will be in the moderation process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    i think by now they are already done.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute 28 days?

I thought it was 37 days?

ReputationRep:
    28 days 2 hours 55 minutes 4 seconds...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else switing between 'i cant wait' and 'oh god no' every 10 minutes? lol, i certainly am.

ReputationRep:
    Eek, I just realised that my post was 666... bad omen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    Eek, I just realised that my post was 666... bad omen?
    Yup, and now the countdown for that post has become the countdown 'til the devil takes your soul.
    Good luck with results day!

ReputationRep:
    :puke:
    Tried to stay away from this thread and failed...miserably! :p:

Oh well.

I feel all weird now knowing that pretty much all my papers have been marked and my future has almost been finalised. Just PRAYING for favourable grade boundaries now that moderation has probably commenced - I NEED them!

I actually went out today and bought an anatomy and physiology textbook in anticipation for med school, and i really don't want it to go to waste - the topics looked really interesting too :teeth: - so Mr Examiner please be really nice with the boundaries so that I meet my offer. PLEASE!! Don't want £45 going to waste now do we? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel sick - seriously! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    lolz at Medicine Man's comment..
    yes hopefully all the papers are examined and lets wait and watch..

ReputationRep:
    Why is results day a week late this year, does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    the past four weeks have gone super fast and now i bet the last 20 something days wil go ever so slow.

i anticipate that i have failed miserably, due to lack of effort and commitment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    the past four weeks have gone super fast and now i bet the last 20 something days wil go ever so slow.

i anticipate that i have failed miserably, due to lack of effort and commitment.
    Atleast you're commited to this thought. :p:

Don't worry too much, even if you don't make it into your chosen University you can go next year and if you work and get money together you can have an even better first year without worrying about money :yes:

BTW awesome username!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Atleast you're commited to this thought. :p:

Don't worry too much, even if you don't make it into your chosen University you can go next year and if you work and get money together you can have an even better first year without worrying about money :yes:

BTW awesome username!
    thanks

gap year isn't an option for me as i took one after gcse's. so its kinda now or never because i cant stand the thought of another year at home.

if i aim low, then there is less chance of disappointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    thanks

gap year isn't an option for me as i took one after gcse's. so its kinda now or never because i cant stand the thought of another year at home.

if i aim low, then there is less chance of disappointment
    Fair enough.
    I know this guy who took 2 gap years after A levels and when asked to introduce himself in the seminar he said "I'm .... I took a gap year because I didn't know what to do, then I took another because I didn't know what to do and now I still don't know what to do"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Fair enough.
    I know this guy who took 2 gap years after A levels and when asked to introduce himself in the seminar he said "I'm .... I took a gap year because I didn't know what to do, then I took another because I didn't know what to do and now I still don't know what to do"
    lol
    sadly, i have planned out what roughly what im guna do for the next five years. so im just ready to strat my master plan

ReputationRep:
    aaarrrghhh exactly 4 weeks now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :puke:
    Tried to stay away from this thread and failed...miserably! :p:

Oh well.

I feel all weird now knowing that pretty much all my papers have been marked and my future has almost been finalised. Just PRAYING for favourable grade boundaries now that moderation has probably commenced - I NEED them!

I actually went out today and bought an anatomy and physiology textbook in anticipation for med school, and i really don't want it to go to waste - the topics looked really interesting too :teeth: - so Mr Examiner please be really nice with the boundaries so that I meet my offer. PLEASE!! Don't want £45 going to waste now do we? :puppyeyes:
    why did you buy an anatomy and physiology book? Shouldn't you really wait or are you trying to learn it all before start of the course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.