Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

Announcements

(Original post by Magic Potion)
    Minute Ago 15:04 (Fran Katzenjammer)
    I came out of the play/poetry lit exam (AQA A) feeling sick.

Not a good sign.

Three times I sat this. Duffy and Ford. Stupid, stupid exam!

NB Can someone tell me how I can quote properly? Thanks!
    Bottom right hand corner of the person you want to quote's post...there's an orange button that says 'quote'. Just click it .

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, wait! Sorry Fran, I thought you meant LTA3, the AS module- I hated that but LTA4 with Hamlet and Shelley was good I thought. The Ophelia question made me squeal out loud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Bottom right hand corner of the person you want to quote's post...there's an orange button that says 'quote'. Just click it .
    Wow, I'm stupid, I've just realised that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Whoa exact same as me...I did the Ophelia question and the nature one. I blagged LB with loads of stuff about 'the sublime' and Wordsworth being a pantheist and stuff like that.
    Ophelia was excellent though! I felt like I'd done the essay about three times before.
    I think I averaged four and a half for both, which is usually what I do in most handwritten essays...especially as I scrawl.

I'm sure you did fine, do you feel like you said everything you could have?

I'm so worried about synoptic, it's the biggest one! I need an A in English overall as well :\.

I did the other one, I've never done an Ophelia question.
    Yeah, kind of, but there's always more depth I could have gone into probably....

I would need an A if I had put Exeter as my firm, but I chose a combined course at UEA so I only need BBB.
    It takes some of the pressure off.

ReputationRep:
    Let's see if I can learn shorthand whilst on TSR....

(Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I did the other one, I've never done an Ophelia question.
    Yeah, kind of, but there's always more depth I could have gone into probably....

I would need an A if I had put Exeter as my firm, but I chose a combined course at UEA so I only need BBB.
    It takes some of the pressure off.
    Really?! We did looads, our teacher suspected that Ophelia would come up as she hadn't yet!

Ah did you chuck in loads of context? I felt like I had the most to say about Ophelia in that question but had less context...and less to say about the poems in LB and more about the context!

Ahh I have a friend at UEA.
    I need AAB for my firm :\ arrghhh.

(Original post by Magic Potion)
    Wow, I'm stupid, I've just realised that!
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    You have to love the modular system. Get four high A's then relax and get what? C's and E's and walk out with a grade A.
    Indeed, and if you have a coursework component then U's

ReputationRep:
    August is nearly approaching, theres only 27 days left. I've been trying to stay away from this thread but to no avail I keep on coming back. Is anyone going stay awake the night before results day. I know I won't be able to go to sleep I think I'll just be reading this thread and probably stuffing my face with junk food.

:eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    August is nearly approaching, theres only 27 days left. I've been trying to stay away from this thread but to no avail I keep on coming back. Is anyone going stay awake the night before results day. I know I won't be able to go to sleep I think I'll just be reading this thread and probably stuffing my face with junk food.

:eek4:
    :no: I'll probably keep thinking about how my exams went:p: It's getting closer:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    :no: I'll probably keep thinking about how my exams went:p: It's getting closer:sadnod:
    yup am gonna hold a vigil throughtout the night until i view my results. i am just trying to think of something that will keep me awake probably coffee :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    yup am gonna hold a vigil throughtout the night until i view my results. i am just trying to think of something that will keep me awake probably coffee :eek:
    Now there's an idea to be considered

ReputationRep:
    I think an all nighter with extra coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    If only Starbucks delivered on the night/morning prior to Results, they would make a fortune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    If only Starbucks delivered on the night/morning prior to Results, they would make a fortune.
    :yes: A-Level Results Day is going to be soo scary as all my subject teachers are going to be present there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    Or caffeine pills? I wont be able to sleep with or without caffeine

ReputationRep:
    I think I might have to get the old ProPlus out on August 19th...deary me. It's quite soon isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like next week is going to drag slow, as soon as it gets to August, everyone will be thinking "Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap, it is August"

Part of me can't wait, the other part has just lost faith :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Part of me can't wait, the other part has just lost faith :\
    I know tell me about it that's how I feel. I also felt like that for my March results my teacher's were like 'I bet you can't wait for your results' and I was thinking actually I can. I just want to get it over and done with, the waiting is killing me!!!!
    :shock: :zomg:

I still don't want my results. In march I adopted the thought of 'What I don't know can't hurt me'. And oh my how true was that was. I might adopt it again this august :sad:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.