Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think knowing you have passed would be the best. However, only a few people on this forum and I think I can claim to one of them know they have. Although, I don't know maybe I haven't passed.

But, still I have done the calculation alot and still don't see how I have failed. Thats why I think I'm not anxious like last year.

P.S. Well, don't worry I'm sure most people on this forum are young so if you fail just redo in a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    Join the club
    urgh

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has any idea if the universities know of each other, as in do they know if you've got an insurance or not and the grades required etc. so they may be more unlikely to give you your place if you miss grades by a bit because they believe you have an insurance that will take you, but you really want to go to your firm instead!!!

long and winded i know, but any answers would be much appreciated!!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    :-( :-( :-(

ReputationRep:
    I had another exam dream that my friend was like "oooh I got this sheet that tells you the exam results, It doesnt look fake" and gave it to me... and I ended up getting AAC and it was the worst feeling because it wasnt like I did rubbish, it was because I just missed the grade I needed (AAB)

ReputationRep:
    I feel completely trapped and don't know where to turn. My offer is solely resting on getting a C in Maths as that is one of the priority grades I need for my course at Uni. The trouble is, I think I messed up the first paper badly. My tutor said I only need a middle D grade for the final papers but what happens if the grade boundaries alter? I fallen ill for the first paper and I am so scared of missing my offer. The University have already said that they wouldn't re-offer me a place again as the course is too competitive. What a failure I am.

ReputationRep:
    you guys r funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I am.

6:00 exactly. :teeth:

Last year, it worked fine and didn't crash so I suppose it'll be the same this year. And tbh, registering last year was impossible; their server wasn't registering people correctly, people weren't getting passwords until a week before results, bla bla bla...and they still managed to sort it out in time for results. If none of this has happened this year (i'm assuming), I'm more inclined to believe they are better prepared this time round, hence a smaller chance of the servers blowing up on the morning itself.

Having said that, it is edexcel after all, so I'm probably wrong. They always mess things up! :rolleyes:

Now I'm nervous! :headfire:
    Well yeah, signing up for them last year was total mahem. This year seems to be good, seeing as they provided us with our passwords straight after registration.

I logged in at 6:30 instead of 6:00 last year; I thought Edexcel would make a **** up - clearly I underestimated Edexcel ;D

What's the bet that by 5:50 on the 20th, this thread will be in full swing [for those getting online results]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    you guys r funny
    i know hhaha. The level of concern even with results day so far away is scary. What are they going to be like day before?

ReputationRep:
    This forum is pretty much going to be a bunch of anxious people the day before the results day. Sadly, I'm probably going to among them.

P.S. I hope I don't have a breakdown, it nearly happen last year as I couldn't sleep well that week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Calm down. You on the verge of loosing the whole plot.
    I don't how you could stop thinking about it though, cause its been driving me maaaaaaaaaaaad! 25 days? 25 times 24 = 600 hours - 600 hours times 60 = 36000 minitues - 36000 minitues times 60 = SYNTAZ ERROR! OMFG
    Haha I have already lost the plot! But I do agree that I need to calm down. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bissy.xx)
    hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has any idea if the universities know of each other, as in do they know if you've got an insurance or not and the grades required etc. so they may be more unlikely to give you your place if you miss grades by a bit because they believe you have an insurance that will take you, but you really want to go to your firm instead!!!

long and winded i know, but any answers would be much appreciated!!! :-)
    You would have to apply to them through clearing and reject your insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else made an Excel spreadsheet of their module UMS? I spend about an hour a day estimating my UMS and adjusting for grade boundaries. I have even inserted comments for each UMS score explaining where I lost my marks

My 'worst case scenario' suggests that I will just get over 480UMS which isn't enough to stop me being paranoid unfortunately.

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    Are A* results being awarded for A-levels this year or next?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    What's the bet that by 5:50 on the 20th, this thread will be in full swing [for those getting online results]

Oh dear. Don't even want to think about it. I'd be insane by that point. :headfire:

Really want to get some sleep the night before though because if (God forbid) I miss my grades, I need to be awake to phone up unis/beg/sort out what I'm going to donext year, so I need to be alert for that. Even if (God willing) i get the grades too and meet my offer, i still need the strength to party/celebrate/get completely hammered afterwards! :party:

Either way, I'd definitely force myself to get a few hours of sleep on the night of the 19th/early hours of the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    omg
    will fail :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Has anyone else made an Excel spreadsheet of their module UMS? I spend about an hour a day estimating my UMS and adjusting for grade boundaries. I have even inserted comments for each UMS score explaining where I lost my marks

My 'worst case scenario' suggests that I will just get over 480UMS which isn't enough to stop me being paranoid unfortunately.

:emo:
    :ditto:

Yeah. I've sorta estimated what I think i'll get in most of my modules. For maths and bio, i think i should be ok, more so maths than bio but hopefully my AS bio marks should balance out (very) bad A2 modules. For chemistry its going to be very close - i just seem to make the A grade boundary each time which isn't very reassuring. Physics is almost certainly going to be a B. Even with my very generous 'marking' and favourable boundaries, i still end up falling just short of the A grade boundary. Oh well - atleast my uni only asks for a C in it. :woo:

[Last year, my UMS guesses were a tad overestimated with most subjects (though I did get the grades right), so this year I've tried to be tougher on myself; I only counted marks I am CERTAIN I've got right and used the highest possible grade boundaries for each exam to determine what I think i'll get. Funny thing is I bet most of my calculations are still wrong anyway with Edexcel's marking! :p: ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgreig)
    Are A* results being awarded for A-levels this year or next?

Thanks.
    Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgreig)
    Anyone know?
    Nest year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Oh dear. Don't even want to think about it. I'd be insane by that point. :headfire:

Really want to get some sleep the night before though because if (God forbid) I miss my grades, I need to be awake to phone up unis/beg/sort out what I'm going to donext year, so I need to be alert for that. Even if (God willing) i get the grades too and meet my offer, i still need the strength to party/celebrate/get completely hammered afterwards! :party:

Either way, I'd definitely force myself to get a few hours of sleep on the night of the 19th/early hours of the 20th.
    Well that's fair enough. I'm just an AS'er' so this years results are not as important. Though I am waiting on one A level which I took early; but I think that's in the bag *wishful thinking*.

On the 19th I'm just going to sort out my 3 large files, all are full of notes. By the eve of the 20th, they'll be in piles. Come midday on the 20th, those piles will either be refiled or turned to ash

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.