Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejadedwords)
    Oh gosh.
    My 18th birthday is the 19th of August, and I'm having a massive fancy dress party that night. Most people invited are in my year, which means it'll be a massive bundle of stressy stress. Ah well, hopefully I can get drunk enough not to care.
    Oh wow! Last year the AS results came out on my birthday and I resisted the temptation to look until the next day!!

Don't get too drunk otherwise you will have a hangover when you get results/check track and whether its good or bad...it's still not going to be pleasant!!

(Original post by Loz17)
    There we go, a decent ticker.....

:yy:

Not that I wanted to remind myself :sad:

ReputationRep:
    the best i can do now is wait, pray and keep my fingers x-ed

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhh it's so close :woo: :eek::woo: :eek::woo: :eek::woo: :eek::woo: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Tell me about it considering there's only 22 days left. I can't stop thinking about results day its always at the back of my mind. We only have 22 days left and this thread doesn't seem that busy. Where is the apprehension and concern? I need someone to pinch me because I can't come to terms with the fact that there are only 22 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    I know and the really annoying thing is I would be a lot calmer if my last 2 exams went well but they were terrible therefore now my A's depend on UMS i am absolutely petrified!!!!!!!!! and all my friends are on holiday so all I can do is talk to you guys but at least you all feel the same way

ReputationRep:
    23 days!

ReputationRep:
    :woo: do I not know my results already?!!! This is going to be a major anti-climax!

ReputationRep:
    22 days doesn't seem that bad, I am waiting til next monday to start ******** it because then it'll be 16 days til results and basically 2 weeks left :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading this. I'm such a failure. I only need a middle D on my last module for one of my exams but after falling ill on the one paper, not sure I'll even get that now. Why can't anything go right? The University I have applied to won't even re-consider my application either if I don't make it and have said they would reject me if I applied again. They aren't willing to take my health problem into account.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly three weeks to go...oh gosh that doesn't sound long at all.

Okay. I'm going to think positive. We have all passed our exams. We have all passed our exams. We have all passed our exams. We have all passed our exams. We have all passed our exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalek2009)
    I'm dreading this. I'm such a failure. I only need a middle D on my last module for one of my exams but after falling ill on the one paper, not sure I'll even get that now. Why can't anything go right? The University I have applied to won't even re-consider my application either if I don't make it and have said they would reject me if I applied again. They aren't willing to take my health problem into account.
    you're not a failure because its your health affecting your grades, not lack of work/commitment/dedication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalek2009)
    God, which uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    I think the past 24 hours alone are an indication of how terrified I am of recieving my results. Yesterday, A woman at the bus stop asked me what time the bus was due, then in an attempt to make polite conversation asked if I had just left college. After saying I was awaiting my A level results, I then spent about 10 minutes bombarding her with information about how I thought my exams went, what UMS grades I need and generally rambling and getting stressed.

Then this morning I woke up at a ridiculous hour after having another dream about results day, then spent 45 minutes making UMS calculations on my phone.

I am losing my mind! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shea])
    I think the past 24 hours alone are an indication of how terrified I am of recieving my results. Yesterday, A woman at the bus stop asked me what time the bus was due, then in an attempt to make polite conversation asked if I had just left college. After saying I was awaiting my A level results, I then spent about 10 minutes bombarding her with information about how I thought my exams went, what UMS grades I need and generally rambling and getting stressed.

Then this morning I woke up at a ridiculous hour after having another dream about results day, then spent 45 minutes making UMS calculations on my phone.

I am losing my mind! :eek3:
    :ditto: I also am losing my mind!! Whenever I'm on my laptop or mobile I'm always calculating how many UMS points I need to get the grades. I need to calm down!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared that I'll miss my offer by a few UMS marks.

Damn you OCR Core 4. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Only 3 weeks on Thur! :-) Lucky for me im busy this week and then working every day till the Sat before results at the moment as hours arent available till then yet :-) Busy busy busy!! Im pretty ure if i miss my gardes it will only be by a few UMS also..At least i have pub golf to look forward to that evening and a bouncy castle party thing the evening of results (im getting home for midnight tho :-) )
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks sounds like a long time to me. Hope it goes quick though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)
    I'm scared that I'll miss my offer by a few UMS marks.
    Exactly this. If only we could get our results on the 20th of July. By the way, I'm not that worried about results because we can't change the outcome and what happens just happens.

However, seeing that I've missed out by a few marks for my B's in English, I won't be too pleased.

ReputationRep:
    I am purposely going away on holiday that week of results!!

ReputationRep:
    Im so freakin scared. I need AAA, and i got 3 low A's last year and a C. AHHHHH.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.