Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    ahhhhh one of the mods have me........i cant.....<muffled cry>...mmmmm mmm mmm, hes gonna.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    It'll all be okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    the waiting is really starting to get to me now but chin up, only 8 days

mods, just to clear somethings up what are we not allowed to do? are we allowed the general chit chat as long as it isnt offensive?
    It's not as if they're going to see this post.

But this thread probably will be moved to chat at the end of September.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Sheffield Univeristy. And Sheffield Hallam (backup)
    To do physics with a foundation year. I might do Physics and Philosophy. Some days I like philosophy but other days It does my head in. I found A-level watered down. Whats it like at Uni? What's Theology like?

My favorite quote I rememberd was "two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe the stary heavens above me and the moral law within me". Do you know who said it? lol.
    aha that's quite amusing; I was going to do Physics originally but changed to Theology
    I really enjoy doing what I do now though, and hopefully I'll do an Open University DipNatSci alongside my degree
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    since we're still on the random facts, heres on:

In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I remember when it was 20 days. Woah that went fast. :|

ReputationRep:
    night night 2 you all

ReputationRep:
    Random Facts Yes? lol.

Did you know it is assumed that at lease 1 Billion people have read Harry Potter books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    DAMN THE ALEVELERS

They're at 9359 posts!
    ^ This sort of thing on the GCSE thread makes me proud btw!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    ^ This sort of thing on the GCSE thread makes me proud btw!
    :ditto:

Whats the thread that follows this one gonna be called?

ReputationRep:
    .cont.

or part 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    aha that's quite amusing; I was going to do Physics originally but changed to Theology
    I really enjoy doing what I do now though, and hopefully I'll do an Open University DipNatSci alongside my degree
    Haha cool. I was going to do philosophy but I just love physics, I want to understad string theory and all the complicated physics stuff lol.

If I get a first I think Sheffield offer like a placement to do a Masters/PHD where they give you a 12grand grant! Thats my dream! :p:. What Uni did you go to?

I saw your profile page and it reminded me of meta ethics lessons.( Emotivism, Prescriptivism Wittgenstein logic.... etc). One girl started crying before the results because she never got any of it! Philosophy was my toughest subject but I think its on the list of "poly subjects".
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    mods, just to clear somethings up what are we not allowed to do? are we allowed the general chit chat as long as it isnt offensive?
    Yup, keep everything to this thread and follow the basic rules and you're free to chit chat.

lol.

not tryna sound like im rubbing it in, but the GCSE got 2 mods having a go at them, while JS is making polite convo with ours.

Just made me giggle.
    We're not bad, we're nice people really; just when people step out of line and take the piss something needs to be done

But we like you Magnum Opus, your sig from 'Angels and Demons?'
    That it is

ReputationRep:
    Where Is Jack! He Said He Would Be Up All Night On Here While We Post Together!

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with two mods. They're nice people, honest!

ReputationRep:
    What was said in there counts in here in terms off no swear filter or taking it out of here (:

BTW you will need a second thread tomorrow as you have almost hit 10000 posts in here :eek:

and yes we are nice people :girl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Yup, keep everything to this thread and follow the basic rules and you're free to chit chat.

We're not bad, we're nice people really; just when people step out of line and take the piss something needs to be done

That it is
    That film is amazing So is the book.

Dont see why Da Vinci Code got all the fame, Angels and Demons is where its at really.

Its got a far more...realistic? :/ story line about it. and its more of a thriller-y.

ReputationRep:
    55% of people yawn within 5 minutes of seeing someone else yawn.

ReputationRep:
    where oh where is Jack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    What was said in there counts in here in terms off no swear filter or taking it out of here (:

BTW you will need a second thread tomorrow as you have almost hit 10000 posts in here :eek:

So if i started a second thread now, just to be prepared, it wnt get deleted or anything?

Or should i start it when we are nearing 9800+

and you wont delete this thread right? cause the majority of my posts are in this thread, as sad as it seems....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)

We are pretty awesome. :proud:

That film is amazing So is the book.

Dont see why Da Vinci Code got all the fame, Angels and Demons is where its at really.

Its got a far more...realistic? :/ story line about it. and its more of a thriller-y.
    I loved the book, but I didn't like the film purely because they changed it too much. :sad:
    If I hadn't read the book first, then I probably would have liked the film, cos it was pretty good.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.