Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    yea i heard bout that, whats with that? thats going a tad far
    Thats what i thought. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    not meaing to disrupt all of your spam with something to do with universities (well actually I am)
    I am getting my ASs on the 20th and hopefully I will get As, as an insurance choice for my ucas for 2010 I am considering Liverpool and Cardiff, which one is considered better and can anyone give me any advice on choosing between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelyus)
    Sharks are not immune to all known diseases. They can get cancer. Instead, their immune system is just weird. They appear to be more immune to cancer, as cancer cells in sharks do not grow as fast - the cancer cells' ability to feed themselves with blood is inhibited. But that does not mean they are immune to all cancers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#P...misconceptions

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_sharks...y_know_disease

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2014456AAcbHnZ

http://www.elasmo-research.org/educa...immunology.htm
    I'll ask you this. Is there ever been a recorded death of a shark from cancer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    not meaing to disrupt all of your spam with something to do with universities (well actually I am)
    I am getting my ASs on the 20th and hopefully I will get As, as an insurance choice for my ucas for 2010 I am considering Liverpool and Cardiff, which one is considered better and can anyone give me any advice on choosing between the two.

both are very respected.
    id say go visit them to see which one gives off the best feel for YOU as for everyone itll be different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    If a new thread is gonna be made for us or whatever, can it have the same title with like a Part.2 or Cont. on the end or something.

Just so everyone knows where to go thats all

Please and Thank Yous x

Yes it will just be a MKII added on the end of the new title :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thats what i thought. oh well.
    the age old playground saying
    (Original post by Every Teacher)
    Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones But Words Will Never Hurt Me
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    No, YOU GUYS are the night shift. I'm part of the day shift, who just hasn't left yet. :sigh:
    I wish I could sleep - I have to be up at 8:15...
    10:30 for me. For a day out entertaining small cousins at the beach. Coffee methinks...

ReputationRep:
    well guys I'm not a night watcher, take care of the remaining life this thread has, its been a fun 10000 posts, I must sleep now, but when I wake the new thread will be a new beginning in our lifes, good luck to all, may the force be with you.........

ReputationRep:
    No problem

We welcome non-spam.

Depends - what do you want to do etc etc?

ReputationRep:
    omg!! results day next week!!

I'm gonna email this pic to all my mates on the 21st!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Yes it will just be a MKII added on the end of the new title :p:
    Much thankage

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool 28 and Cardiff is 26 on the "Good University Guide 2010" (http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...sityguide.php).

It is neck and neck. What will be your firm? I would say go down and look at both of them and see which one you prefer. Rankings (as people will tell you) do not tell you if you will like the place. Check them out for youself and use the link to read both their profiles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    both are very respected.
    id say go visit them to see which one gives off the best feel for YOU as for everyone itll be different
    this is sensible advice, thanks. But they are both so far away and if everything goes well I don't intend to go to them, so visiting them seems like a lot of effort ( especially as time to apply is looming near:eek3: ) I want to go to a very city-ish place as I am fed up with silly country, so I guess Liverpool would satisfy me more potentially, but cardiff has higher entry requirements so is automatically better.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    well guys I'm not a night watcher, take care of the remaining life this thread has, its been a fun 10000 posts, I must sleep now, but when I wake the new thread will be a new beginning in our lifes, good luck to all, may the force be with you.........
    Night See you on the new thread!

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this

"UCAS and the universities only receive AS and A level grades and AS and A level module grades. They do not receive any details of UMS marks."
    (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day)

People say that your university may accept you if you missed a grade by a mark or two, but how is this decided if the unis don't get your UMS mark? Do you have to phone and plead lol ?

ReputationRep:
    HERE'S JONNY.

I can't actually sleep so why bother

ReputationRep:
    Much thankage
    Aren't the MODs really nice people? There should be a MOD appreciation society!

ReputationRep:
    You have to quote ur UMS marks to them, and prove that YES! you were just on the borderline etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    You've been drinking the water again, haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    They are! They just made me laugh before when they were sorting the GCSErs out.

Apparently they were making some dodgey theology thread or something....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.