Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    22 days (for some) :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    22 days (for some) :eek3:
    I get my results at six in the morning, so it's basically 21 days for me!

Oh god I feel sick :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    oh ok ..sorry...:sad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't popped in here today so just thought I'd drop by to see how everyone was coping. :hi:

Yeah 21/22 (depending on how you're counting down) days is still quite a long way to go. Maybe when we get to 14 days, I’ll begin to get nervous. :cool:

I'm trying not to focus too much on results - decided to keep myself occupied by catching up on some TV shows I missed out on when I was revising. But yeah, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that there’s nothing I can do now to change my grades so I might as well enjoy whats left of the summer before they do come out.

[Whats really went on in my mind a few minutes before I posted this:
    Omadays!!! I'm completely bricking it. *craps a little in his boxers*. 21 days is like tomorrow! OMG! *screams*. I know, :idea: I'll just drop by on TSR and pretend to be as cool as a cucumber - I'll lie and say that I'm going to catch up on some shows when I've watched them all already...TWICE! Instead I’ll mentally add up my anticipated UMS scores for the umpteenth time today to see if they add up to 480. Hopefully that should get me to fall asleep! If not, I guess its another dose of sleeping pills. *rushes to the medicine cabinet*]

:ninja2:

Oh I'm sorry - Me? Nervous? No way! :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :p: lol

Well I wish I thought like that the whole 'what's done is done' but for some reason I still feel they can magically change somehow (don't ask) :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :rofl: :p: lol

Well I wish I thought like that the whole 'what's done is done' but for some reason I still feel they can magically change somehow (don't ask) :lolwut:
    I believe in karma and crap so I am ****** for the next couple of weeks :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I believe in karma and crap so I am ****** for the next couple of weeks :o:
    yeah It's exactly that that's my problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    yeah It's exactly that that's my problem
    Oh well, not long left

ReputationRep:
    don't say that :afraid: :cry: :p:

seriously 20 days is not a lot....it's like 10 days x 2 :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    don't say that :afraid: :cry: :p:

seriously 20 days is not a lot....it's like 10 days x 2 :p:
    The mathematics skills you have are truly great lool but at least is a less time to deliberate whether you did well or not!

ReputationRep:
    hehehe i was trying to break it down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Hadn't popped in here today so just thought I'd drop by to see how everyone was coping. :hi:

Yeah 21/22 (depending on how you're counting down) days is still quite a long way to go. Maybe when we get to 14 days, I’ll begin to get nervous. :cool:

I'm trying not to focus too much on results - decided to keep myself occupied by catching up on some TV shows I missed out on when I was revising. But yeah, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that there’s nothing I can do now to change my grades so I might as well enjoy whats left of the summer before they do come out.

[Whats really went on in my mind a few minutes before I posted this:
    Omadays!!! I'm completely bricking it. *craps a little in his boxers*. 21 days is like tomorrow! OMG! *screams*. I know, :idea: I'll just drop by on TSR and pretend to be as cool as a cucumber - I'll lie and say that I'm going to catch up on some shows when I've watched them all already...TWICE! Instead I’ll mentally add up my anticipated UMS scores for the umpteenth time today to see if they add up to 480. Hopefully that should get me to fall asleep! If not, I guess its another dose of sleeping pills. *rushes to the medicine cabinet*]

:ninja2:

Oh I'm sorry - Me? Nervous? No way! :p:
    LOL that made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for results....could there be a tenser time? I tend to block out the thought pretty easily, but when I do think about it, it can get worrying. Even though I did a massive amount of revision (For myself) and thought all 6 of my exams went well, I still worry. I practically had to teach myself half of the knowledge for one of my history exams and completed only one practice essay before sitting the real thing.

I just want this more than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    21 days guys!

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream last night that I had received all of my results. They were exactly as expected but I hacked into Edexcel's system a week early. I printed them off in the exams office and the examinations officer didn't care one bit :L

This is a bad sign..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    put yourself in a coma till the 20th. However, even though your in a coma you may still be thinking about it.
    But I just want to not think about results :p: Coma may not be the best idea...

ReputationRep:
    It should be a fun day.

ReputationRep:
    the burden of stress that i have on me will double when we hit august

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how the results themselves will be presented? Will it be individual exam results, or will there just be a total out of 600 UMS?

The more I know about it, the more I can mentally prepare for judgement day.

ReputationRep:
    ...I hope I don't have to add up the UMS, because otherwise i'll probably shout 'SCORE! 480 EXACTLY!'

And then I'll double check and it'll be like 412.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.