Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    Results panic to help me sleep here are some intresting facts

The human head is a quarter of our total length at birth, but only an eighth of our total length by the time we reach adulthood.

ReputationRep:
    The word “woman” is believed to have derived from the Middle English term wyfman, broken down simply as the wife (wyf) of man. In Old English, women were described simply as wyf, while the term man was used to describe a human person, regardless of gender.c
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    Same

I am one of the few people who didnt need an A in my class.

My college is in the top 10, so alot my science classes were dominated by prospective med students who ALL wanted A's.
    Same with my sixth form - there are so many potential medics, it's insane.

There's one guy in the year below who I'm really good friends with who knew more of the A2 specification than I did - he already knows respiration, muscle structure, all that detailed nerve transmission stuff in perfect detail. I asked him to sit the A2 exams for me.

He said no

That's the level at my sixth form. It's crazy.

ReputationRep:
    The English word “girl” was initially used to describe a young person of either sex. It was not until the beginning of the sixteenth century that the term was used specifically to describe a female child.c

ReputationRep:

The human body has enough fat to produce 7 bars of soap.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone planning on passing the time til then? Anything exciting?

I'm off to the beach tomorrow. It shall probably bucket down but aye. Inglorious Basterds is out on the 19th too

ReputationRep:

Muscles in the human body (640 in total) make up about half of the body weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Same with my sixth form - there are so many potential medics, it's insane.

There's one guy in the year below who I'm really good friends with who knew more of the A2 specification than I did - he already knows respiration, muscle structure, all that detailed nerve transmission stuff in perfect detail. I asked him to sit the A2 exams for me.

He said no

That's the level at my sixth form. It's crazy.
    There are some people out there who are like that though.

It is very annoying!

ReputationRep:
    The English word “girl” was initially used to describe a young person of either sex. It was not until the beginning of the sixteenth century that the term was used specifically to describe a female child.c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)

I'm off to the beach tomorrow. It shall probably bucket down but aye. Inglorious Basterds is out on the 19th too
    Oh right cool. Take loads of pics haahah.:woo::woo:

ReputationRep:

Muscles are made up of bundles from about 5 in the eyelid to about 200 in the buttock muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    That's the second time you've posted that in the space of a minute
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by panglossian)

Going to Guildford later, getting my hair done (to calm myself down :p:) tomorow, possibly going for drinks on Friday, meeting some of my fellow leaders at the camp I'm going to after results on Saturday, Eastenders and church on Sunday, BBQ on Monday, then I'm in until the big day.

ReputationRep:
    The biological sign for the female sex, a circle placed on top of a small cross, is also the symbol for the planet Venus. The symbol is believed to be a stylized representation of the Roman goddess Venus’ hand mirror.d

ReputationRep:

There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.

ReputationRep:

If your mouth was completely dry, you would not be able to distinguish the taste of anything.

ReputationRep:
    While many stars and moons are christened with female names, Venus is the only planet in our solar system given the name of a female goddess.d

ReputationRep:

:rofl:
    I love Dane Cook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I'm trying to keep busy until then - so far I'm busy until next Tuesday, which is when I'm planning on doing an all-nighter anyway.
    I'm definitely sleeping on Wednesday night. Need to be awake for whatever's planned for results night... not that it matters if I'm awake as I hear most people don't remember what happened afterwards :p:

ReputationRep:

The brain uses more than 25% of the oxygen used by the human body.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.