Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just had an AS results dream

ACCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)

ACCC
    At least you can retake! Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)

ACCC
    Don't worry about it too much, you are blessed with the ability of resit... it will save your life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shea])
    ...I hope I don't have to add up the UMS, because otherwise i'll probably shout 'SCORE! 480 EXACTLY!'

And then I'll double check and it'll be like 412.
    LOL reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6p-mLgE

You don't want to be like her! lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have a panic attack on the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Don't worry about it too much, you are blessed with the ability of resit... it will save your life!
    What's more important is that it's just a dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I'm going to have a panic attack on the 20th.
    Ditto when I come to this thread and people are saying "OMFG!!!!"!"£!"!"" TRACK IS ******* UPPPPPPPPPPP AHHHHHHHH :O:O:O:"

That is when I'll officially lose all control of my bowels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackmarauder)
    What's more important is that it's just a dream
    Oh yeah...and that :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ditto when I come to this thread and people are saying "OMFG!!!!"!"£!"!"" TRACK IT ******* UPPPPPPPPPPP AHHHHHHHH :O:O:O:"

That is when I'll officially lose all control of my bowels
    I can't bear thinking about it.

I mean WHAT AM I GOING TO DO if I don't get in, my life depends on this, I don't really have a plan B. :woo: :cry:
    Waiting for offers was stressful enough and now this....:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I can't bear thinking about it.

I mean WHAT AM I GOING TO DO if I don't get in, my life depends on this, I don't really have a plan B. :woo: :cry:
    Waiting for offers was stressful enough and now this....:woo:
    I would say just keep the major worrying for the few days before results...right now we still got around 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    LOL reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6p-mLgE

You don't want to be like her! lol
    I've watched that a bizzilion times, but it still frightens me each time I see it - I just hope it doesn't happen to me! :afraid:

I was reading through the Medicine forum about people who missed their offers. Most of them were rejected, but a handful still made it in. In some cases, people exceeded the offer conditions, say they got AAAB (B in chem), when the uni asked for AAB (A in chem), but they still got rejected! Damn, some unis are so strict. I PRAY mine are less strict should I fail to meet my offer.

ReputationRep:
    I would say just keep the major worrying for the few days before results...right now we still got around 3 weeks
    Yeah that's true but I caannn't help it...:eek3: :woo:
    I remember I was like this before GCSE results.

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    I've watched that a bizzilion times, but it still frightens me each time I see it - I just hope it doesn't happen to me! :afraid:

I was reading through the Medicine forum about people who missed their offers. Most of them were rejected, but a handful still made it in. In some cases, people exceeded the offer conditions, say they got AAAB (B in chem), when the uni asked for AAB (A in chem), but they still got rejected! Damn, some unis are so strict. I PRAY mine are less strict should I fail to meet my offer.
    Yeah I'm wondering if we really should be laughing at that poor girl, I mean karma may come back and smite us on the 20th. :woo:

Well Chemistry is important for Med so I can understand if the unis rejected, it's like getting a B in Maths when you wanna study it at a top uni.

ReputationRep:
    Also, what I don't want to happen this year is you meeting your offer but your mate failing to do so! That will sorta dampen the whole atmosphere. It happened to me last year (though granted, uni places weren't at stake so it wasn't so important). Most of my mates and I got our grades; they were reasonable enough for us to be chuffed about them however one of my really good mates didn't get what he wanted. He was looking to apply to med school with me, but his AS grades were so low he would have been lucky to be even predicted BBC. Also, my sixth form were threatening to kick him out as he failed to meet his target grades. Luckily he managed to convince them that he underestimated the difficulty of AS levels and was allowed back for year 13.

I so don't want a similar thing to happen this year because I won’t know what to do – celebrate with my other mates that met their offers, or console my mate that didn't and help him sort out something out for himself? Of course, I hope we all meet our offers, but in these sorta situations I’m more inclined to do the latter and stick round with my unlucky mate, but after last year being so horrible for me and my mates [as we had to make sure our other mate was allowed back in school before we could even think about celebrating (we ended up spending the entire day at school waiting for him)], I PRAY this year (with much bigger things at stake), sees us all meet our offers so we can go out and celebrate together! :beer:

I realised I probably waffled a lot there and half of what I've typed is either repetition or didn't make any sense whatsoever (especially that extra long last sentence :o:), but hopefully you lot get what I'm getting at, and that is results day 2009 needs to be good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true but I caannn't help it...:eek3: :woo:
    I remember I was like this before GCSE results.

Yeah I'm wondering if we really should be laughing at that poor girl, I mean karma may come back and smite us on the 20th. :woo:

Well Chemistry is important for Med so I can understand if the unis rejected, it's like getting a B in Maths when you wanna study it at a top uni.
    I know, but the fact that they even still exceeded their offer is what's getting to me. I dunno if its just me, but I honestly thought Biology, rather than Chemistry, would have been more important for med school. Ahh well, what do I know anyway! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam4God)
    LOL that made me laugh!
    And you know that is exactly what's going on in your mind!
    :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)

Oh gosh, do you have the thread(s) to hand so I can torture myself too? I need an A in chem for both my firm and insurance (for medicine). :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    Oh gosh, do you have the thread(s) to hand so I can torture myself too? I need an A in chem for both my firm and insurance (for medicine). :sad:
    The first link was the particular example I was talking about, but I've added a few extra from the medicine forum. Happy reading. :afraid:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...er#post9609406

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post17972377

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post14051249

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post11776455

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post12878619

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...er#post5129855

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post13845773

I also need an A in chem for both my firm and my Insurance. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    im worried cos i messed up some exams...i noe u always get the feeling but these are kinda important exams lol

ReputationRep:
    I feel your absolute agonising pain.

I'm also curious about the priority remarks. Hmm, but if they've already rejected you then isn't it too late?

ReputationRep:
    the most worrying thing at the moment is that ur grades are already decided, well most of ours anyway....dont mean to scare u looool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.