Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tommorow it will be exactly 3 weeks (which still sounds like quite a long way away) I think 2 weeks will be when it gets very scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    Tommorow it will be exactly 3 weeks (which still sounds like quite a long way away) I think 2 weeks will be when it gets very scary!
    or even one week *gasps* :O

ReputationRep:
    Oooh thanks for this. How I love putting myself through things that will worry me more! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    I feel your absolute agonising pain.

I'm also curious about the priority remarks. Hmm, but if they've already rejected you then isn't it too late?
    Yeah, i would have though so too. Hmm, its kinda weird actually. Have you asked in the Med forum? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Oooh thanks for this. How I love putting myself through things that will worry me more! :p:
    :laugh:

No problemo.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they are more generous with the remarks since people who literally miss by a couple of marks may not get into any university at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :laugh:

No problemo.
    Oh god I am now bricking it even more than before :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i would have though so too. Hmm, its kinda weird actually. Have you asked in the Med forum? :erm:
    You have to meet your offer by August 31st, so if your grades change before the end of August then the uni has to let you in if you now meet the offer.

ReputationRep:
    am scared out of my skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    am scared out of my skin
    Me too!!!

ReputationRep:
    x

i'm sure your mate will be a mate and won't mind if you celebrate however i'd advise you to just ensure to console him a little without being condescending; you can also celebrate too[so do both!!] but obviously not in front of his face or rub it in..just try and keep his spirits up.

what has he decided to do then?[if you don't mind me asking]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    am scared out of my skin
    You seem pretty confident in your profile, you predict ABC whereas you only need CCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'm sure your mate will be a mate and won't mind if you celebrate however i'd advise you to just ensure to console him a little without being condescending; you can also celebrate too[so do both!!] but obviously not in front of his face or rub it in..just try and keep his spirits up.

what has he decided to do then?[if you don't mind me asking]
    Yes, but hopefully it won't even come to that as we'd all be celebrating getting good grades on the 20th.

And he's hoping to do biomedical science and then apply for grad entry med (he's really set on it), but he did say that should he get AAB+ on results day, he'd consider applying for 2010 entry medicine. So fingers crossed for him and for all of us on this thread infact.

ReputationRep:
    A random comment: I haven't (yet) added up anticipated UMS scores today so this could be a sign that I'm regaining my sanity again! Lets pray it lasts for a few more days! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but hopefully it won't even come to that as we'd all be celebrating getting good grades on the 20th.

And he's hoping to do biomedical science and then apply for grad entry med (he's really set on it), but he did say that should he get AAB+ on results day, he'd consider applying for 2010 entry medicine. So fingers crossed for him and for all of us on this thread infact.

aw bless. sounds good. yes fingers crossed for us all. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Oh god I am now bricking it even more than before :cry:
    I know!! Tell me about it! I read them and I was just praying that I wouldn't have to go through that.

I really hoped I really impressed Barts at interview becasue apparently even if you **** up and get AAB, they might still accept you based on your interview alone. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    You have to meet your offer by August 31st, so if your grades change before the end of August then the uni has to let you in if you now meet the offer.
    But what if you get AAB (initially on results day), and more than enough people get AAA (on results day) i.e they have to accept more people than anticipated. Initially they might reject you on results day seeing as you missed your offer of AAA and they have more than enough people who met their offers, but if its remarked and your results goup to AAA, is that then a different case? Would you still be accepted even though they rejected you at first (for the examining boards making a mistake with the marking), or would they stick to whatever they said seeing as they have a fixed quota, even though in theory you did get AAA?

I know its hypothetical and all, but do you see my point?

ReputationRep:
    A random comment: I haven't (yet) added up anticipated UMS scores today so this could be a sign that I'm regaining my sanity again! Lets pray it lasts for a few more days! :woo:
    Lol, I did some resits in June so I can't even calculate what UMS I need! Which is annoying because it is like trying to find sanity in a room full of smoke

ReputationRep:
    i did the calculating UMS in the easter holidays! soooo, nothing i can do now.
    somewhere on this very rainy grey country there is a piece of paper with my grades on them and i have to sit here and go through hell i cant believe it's 22 days! crazzzzzyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Lol, I did some resits in June so I can't even calculate what UMS I need! Which is annoying because it is like trying to find sanity in a room full of smoke
    Oh its possible! :teeth:

I did some AS resits too, but I've guestimated what sorta marks I should be getting. Like I said a while back, I usually tend to be a teeney weeney bit extremely over generous with the estimating so it gives me an excuse to add them up multiple times an hour in a day until I get it about right! :p:

Nothing can stop me I tell you!! Nothing! :evil:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.