Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just saw that I have a dentist appointment on the 20th. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    Fun, hasan.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Oh its possible! :teeth:

I did some AS resits too, but I've guestimated what sorta marks I should be getting. Like I said a while back, I usually tend to be a teeney weeney bit extremely over generous with the estimating so it gives me an excuse to add them up multiple times an hour in a day until I get it about right! :p:

Nothing can stop me I tell you!! Nothing! :evil:
    Haha!!! go you!:p: but I have little to NO IDEA how I did in those resits since all my subjects are essay ones... So meh! MEHMEHMEH! lool

ReputationRep:
    My law grade is the one I'm least looking forward to; I resat my January exam so I've only got my first year UMS score to go by. So this calculation occurs in my mind about 14 times an hour:

(potential UMS mark in exam 4 - initial exam 4 UMS mark)
    + potential UMS mark in exam 5
    + potential UMS mark in exam 6
    + AS UMS score

If I'm in postivie numbers by the end of it I'm happy, if I'm in negatives I do it again.

I can't wait for this to end! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I have re-taken one of my GCSE's as I failed it in year 11, my university require me to pass in this subject for me to get a place in universty provided I meet my A-Level grade requirements. Does that mean I will find out whether or not I have got into university or not on the 27th of August, because that is when the GCSE results are out. Am I correct?

Not long to go before our results are out.

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely petrified. I can't predict how well I've done in my exams because I've forgotten what I wrote and also the questions on the exam papers. Does anyone know when the exam papers of June 2009 will be released so that we can access them on the OCR and AQA websites?

:eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Grades. Aren't. Everything.

Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    Nearly twenty days.

I'm celebrating most of this weekend so I will not think about it at all

(Unless most of my bf's family mention it :mad2:)

I think if we can just all forget about it until the 19th, then panic like hell

ReputationRep:
    :nothing: is how i feel

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I got AAA. Suckers. :p:

Well, I hope so. Damn you FP2 and C4 plus S2. :confused:

Anyway, atleast I got nice British weather to take my mind away from exam results. Look at that lovely dark and cloudy sky. Plus, how everything is wet and dark.

P.S. I just found out that this was only 20% likely according to the met office. Its was 65% chance of having a sunny summer but that isn't going to happen.

Everything is going to be fine. :cool:

P.P.S. Did anyone watch the outer limits episode where the disable kid saved the town? that was cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Just saw that I have a dentist appointment on the 20th. Oops.
    i was offered an appointment on the 19th but i said no and changed it to 24th because i couldn't face the possiblities of going to get my results with a dead mouth :eek: (especially if i have to phone round unis- hope not, really really hope not:woo: )

feel your pain- hope it's good news for you though and then you can celebrate with a trip to the dentist yeah lol:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    You seem pretty confident in your profile, you predict ABC whereas you only need CCC
    that is why am scared coz the C is in physics which turned out to be horrible for me:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I am absolutely petrified. I can't predict how well I've done in my exams because I've forgotten what I wrote and also the questions on the exam papers. Does anyone know when the exam papers of June 2009 will be released so that we can access them on the OCR and AQA websites?

:eek3: :eek3:
    AQA take about 9 months to publish them on their site. Don't know about OCR though sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going mad....I just want to know....I can't make plans for things until I know where I'm going to be in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have re-taken one of my GCSE's as I failed it in year 11, my university require me to pass in this subject for me to get a place in universty provided I meet my A-Level grade requirements. Does that mean I will find out whether or not I have got into university or not on the 27th of August, because that is when the GCSE results are out. Am I correct?

Not long to go before our results are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shea])
    My law grade is the one I'm least looking forward to; I resat my January exam so I've only got my first year UMS score to go by. So this calculation occurs in my mind about 14 times an hour:

(potential UMS mark in exam 4 - initial exam 4 UMS mark)
    + potential UMS mark in exam 5
    + potential UMS mark in exam 6
    + AS UMS score

If I'm in postivie numbers by the end of it I'm happy, if I'm in negatives I do it again.

I can't wait for this to end! :eek3:
    ahaha I do that too, I made a spreadsheet for it and I used an IF clause so that it displays 'WIN' if the total UMS is 480 or over but if it comes out to under 480 it displays 'FAIL' in which case I proceed to re-predict my marks to reassure myself. :o:

I have even included a mark boundary modifier to make sure my UMS isn't over stated.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is waiting for A Level Results 1 Million times more stressful than for GCSE.

I don't really remember much panicking for GCSE's, the reasons i've come up with this are:
    1) The lack of a tropical relaxing holiday. (Was in Cancun for the GCSE Holidays.)
    2) The amount riding on the outcome. Could determine rest of my life.

And Finally - TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Theres only 20 days left now!!!

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.