Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    This time in 3 Weeks - this thread will be jammed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    Is it just me or is waiting for A Level Results 1 Million times more stressful than for GCSE.

I don't really remember much panicking for GCSE's, the reasons i've come up with this are:
    1) The lack of a tropical relaxing holiday. (Was in Cancun for the GCSE Holidays.)
    2) The amount riding on the outcome. Could determine rest of my life.

And Finally - TSR!
    :ditto:

I was away in Germany after my GCSEs and only got back like a week and a bit before results day so I didn't really think about results.

But this year, no holiday so I'm generally more anxious than I was for my GCSEs. Granted, I also felt way more conident for my GCSEs; A Levels can go either way depending on boundaries and leniency with examiners whereas GCSEs almost always had lenient markschemes/examiners and easy papers so I wasn't as worried.

But yeah, 3 weeks! :zomg: :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starshine123)
    I logged in and it also said 'you have accepted an offer', but I thought this was referring to the conditional offers firm and insurance. Am I wrong does this mean something else? 'confused'
    i dont think it does not mean anything. my heart skipped a beat though because i thought one of the unis had accepted me. it took about an hour for me to recover. damn ucas changing things like that!!!

ReputationRep:
    I seriously can't wait for this thread to be up and running 2 days before results! loool It is going to be buzzing!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am officially going insane. I lay in bed all night just thinking about it. i actually dont think i will be physically able to open the results, i would rather my teachers just say yes or no. i am even starting to have nightmares, in one i opened the results and it said D, E and randomly a number 1. i started crying and then woke up with tears streaming down my face. every time i think about uni and get excited i have to stop so that i dont get to disappointed if i dont get the results i need. and to make matters worse i have decided that i now hate my insurance choice and do not want to go any where but my firm choice. someone just put me out of my misery !!!

apologies for the long post but i had to get this off my chest.

good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbbw)
    I am officially going insane. I lay in bed all night just thinking about it. i actually dont think i will be physically able to open the results, i would rather my teachers just say yes or no. i am even starting to have nightmares, in one i opened the results and it said D, E and randomly a number 1. i started crying and then woke up with tears streaming down my face. every time i think about uni and get excited i have to stop so that i dont get to disappointed if i dont get the results i need. and to make matters worse i have decided that i now hate my insurance choice and do not want to go any where but my firm choice. someone just put me out of my misery !!!

apologies for the long post but i had to get this off my chest.

good luck everyone
    Ditto, I hope my teachers give me some sort of sign in advance which I can interpret as having got the grades I need before opening the envelope that contains my results. That's what happened in my GCSE's one of my teachers looked so pleased and kept on smiling at me and I asked him have I done well, he told me to look for myself and the outcome was good. I'm so nervous all I can think about are my results. I sometimes feel like I don't even want to know what I've got anymore because I don't think i'll be able to handle knowing that I've got bad grades. The waiting is killing me!!!

:eek3: :yikes: :shock: :bawling:

this is how i feel like at the moment :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Why does July have to have 31 days? Garrr
    Anyways where are all the scottish students? I thought they'd be on here angsting for the 5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I know!! Tell me about it! I read them and I was just praying that I wouldn't have to go through that.

I really hoped I really impressed Barts at interview becasue apparently even if you **** up and get AAB, they might still accept you based on your interview alone. :zomg:
    Me too. It must be awful to see that all your blood, sweat, and tears hasn't been enough. That's the really annoying thing about the scarcity of Newcastle medics on here, I have no idea what they are like if you narrowly miss your offer.

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    But what if you get AAB (initially on results day), and more than enough people get AAA (on results day) i.e they have to accept more people than anticipated. Initially they might reject you on results day seeing as you missed your offer of AAA and they have more than enough people who met their offers, but if its remarked and your results goup to AAA, is that then a different case? Would you still be accepted even though they rejected you at first (for the examining boards making a mistake with the marking), or would they stick to whatever they said seeing as they have a fixed quota, even though in theory you did get AAA?

I know its hypothetical and all, but do you see my point?
    I would have thought that if you meet the offer (ie get AAA by remarks by the 31st August) then they are going to have to accept you, whether this year or give you a deferred unconditional place if they already have too many students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermy)
    I'm going mad....I just want to know....I can't make plans for things until I know where I'm going to be in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!!!
    I think this is the most frustrating thing. Like, we don't know whether to hire a van to take my things because I'll need one if I'm going to Newcastle but if I'm going to Brighton then we can just take two cars. :mad2: It's so unsettling to have a few years of your future settled on one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    Why does July have to have 31 days? Garrr
    Anyways where are all the scottish students?
    In their own topic: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...958659&page=52

ReputationRep:
    i remember the day i finished mt last exam, results day seemed to be months away but now its just weeks which seem to be like days. Now the real pressure has started for me

ReputationRep:
    Daily check in lmfao. 3 weeks. Still time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueTrain)
    In their own topic: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...958659&page=52
    Oh thanks silly me, they obv not going to be in A-Levels, ASs, A2s, forum :rolleyes:

My brain is seriously fried :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ive been trying not to think about it much. Ive had 2 holidays this summer and im putting the hours in at work so as I don't have to think about them. But now its like everywhere I go people start asking "Whens your results out?" and thus its impossible to not think about them. The other day my orthodontist, driving instructor and grandparents all asked me within a few hours. Now with 3 weeks left I'm crapping myself. My course only has 25 places!! 25! It will be a miracle if I get in, I hope my insurance will take me if I dont get into my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Three weeks today and all will be revealed!!! Ive already made alist of what to take egardless of what uni i go to-i dont mind both firm and insurance so im trying to buy as many things now as my pay comes over 3 paydays from 3 different jobs!! Im hoping that as York is my firm and we have to enrol to apply for accommodation, theyve said theusername and password wil be sent when it becomes unconditional so im hoping i may find out at midnight through this e-mail rather than track but who knows. When do scottish results come out?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Me too. It must be awful to see that all your blood, sweat, and tears hasn't been enough. That's the really annoying thing about the scarcity of Newcastle medics on here, I have no idea what they are like if you narrowly miss your offer.
    Have you tried NMM too? They might have something. :teeth:

Damn, this is some bad advice; telling you to look for threads on missing offers. Yay for confidence boosting! :p:

I would have thought that if you meet the offer (ie get AAA by remarks by the 31st August) then they are going to have to accept you, whether this year or give you a deferred unconditional place if they already have too many students.
    Yeah, I asked my sister a few minutes after I posted that and she said exactly the same thing, so I guess you two are right. What a shame it'll be though; you having to start med school a year later than your mates just because of an exam board **** up. :mad2: Having said that though, I'm sure its not a race to see who finishes first! :p: So long as I come out alive and with a degree at the end of the course (no matter how many years I've had to retake/how many years I'm behind my mates:p:), I'm happy! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the most frustrating thing. Like, we don't know whether to hire a van to take my things because I'll need one if I'm going to Newcastle but if I'm going to Brighton then we can just take two cars. :mad2: It's so unsettling to have a few years of your future settled on one day
    Bingo. Even though I'm not in this exact situation (I'm waiting for AS results, so I'm not thinking about whether it's going to be yay or nay to universities) it's so hard to think about anything post-August without thinking about my results. Particuarly as my 18th is at the end of September, every time I think about my results I become incredibly anxious and nervous.

And to the person who said they didn't worry about their GCSE results this much, I was the same. I just seemed to go in and, pretty much, open my envelope straight away. I will not be that quick this time around.

Blah - I'm so nervous. I really hope all the hard work I put in has paid off! :-/

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks to go till my daily nightmares are over. seriously this is taking ages i bet they are enjoying toying with our emotions and futures like this. i am soo hoping that the grade boundaries for A2 health and social care goes down so that i get can a better mark. Hope fully a couples of A's and the rest B's

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhh! I keep having nightmares

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.