Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody91)
    does ucas track update at midnight on 20th of august so we can see if we are accepted, or is it roughly 7am? im hearing 2 conflicting stories where people on both sides are convinced theyre right
    It can sometimes be updated for some people at 12am but it is VERY RARE, normally it happens arounds 7am, last hear it happened around 6:30am so it can vary around 6-7ish

ReputationRep:
    i'm really not bothered about results yet to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    I know some people in the year above who got their letter of congrats a couple of days before results day! I really hope I get that...assuming I get in :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    I know some people in the year above who got their letter of congrats a couple of days before results day! I really hope I get that...assuming I get in :|
    I heard the same thing too! And my UCAS coordinator told me to watch out for those emails too!

But a week or so ago i read on a thread here (i'll try and look for the link) that unis aren't allowed to post letters out until the day before results day meaning noone should hear until atleast results day morning. Same with emails; apparently they can't send emails out confirming your offer.

My theory (which is prob very wrong) is that some unis bend the rules and send out confirmations of accomodation, random emails about freshers/random clubs/societies around results day to drop hints or something about meeting your offer without explicitly saying "congratulations, you have met your offer". :dontknow:

Like I said I'm prob wrong, but there's quite a bit of conflicting ideas going on around. :s:

The weirdest thing happened today.

A friend of mine apparently rang up UCAS to get some information from them for some reason (?) and was chatting to the lady who picked up the call.
    He said she asked him how he thought he did, and he said 'Oh I think I got a D in Drama', and she APPARENTLY responded 'Oh no, much much better than that!'
    He then said 'And I think I got a D in English too', to which she (again apparently) said 'No definitely much better than that'.

Either he's the biggest bullcrapper, or he's really stupid and they were somehow having a conversation about his AS results.

But it still made me have a tizzy panic, hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    The weirdest thing happened today.

A friend of mine apparently rang up UCAS to get some information from them for some reason (?) and was chatting to the lady who picked up the call.
    He said she asked him how he thought he did, and he said 'Oh I think I got a D in Drama', and she APPARENTLY responded 'Oh no, much much better than that!'
    He then said 'And I think I got a D in English too', to which she (again apparently) said 'No definitely much better than that'.

Either he's the biggest bullcrapper, or he's really stupid and they were somehow having a conversation about his AS results.

But it still made me have a tizzy panic, hahaha.
    Maybe the person on the line was just trying to be nice...

(Original post by Holsy)
    Maybe the person on the line was just trying to be nice...
    Haha believe me, I've gone over every possibility in my head that makes it impossible for what he said to be true ...and it made me feel better hahah!

ReputationRep:
    I've just been out and a friend who had just recevied their BTEC results who asked me, "Have you got your results? I have!" and I was like, "What?! Oh wait." :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Ditto, I hope my teachers give me some sort of sign in advance which I can interpret as having got the grades I need before opening the envelope that contains my results. That's what happened in my GCSE's one of my teachers looked so pleased and kept on smiling at me and I asked him have I done well, he told me to look for myself and the outcome was good. I'm so nervous all I can think about are my results. I sometimes feel like I don't even want to know what I've got anymore because I don't think i'll be able to handle knowing that I've got bad grades. The waiting is killing me!!!

:eek3: :yikes: :shock: :bawling:

this is how i feel like at the moment :banghead:
    im glad im not the only one. i actually feel like crying. my parents keep saying your going to do so well and their expecting good results from me which makes it even worse. i dont know whether to cry, kill myself, look forward to uni or just hope for the best. im so scared.

:eek3: :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet received a letter from my College telling me when i can come collect my Results on the 20th.
    For AS we got a letter saying after 1pm only.
    A2's are morning i think - when the letter arrives the panic meter will up a few notches.

What time can you guys & girls go in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    I haven't yet received a letter from my College telling me when i can come collect my Results on the 20th.
    A2's are morning i think - when the letter arrives the panic meter will up a few notches.

10:30am for me, but I heard for other people they can go in at 9am (lucky)

ReputationRep:

10am at my school. ASers come in at 12pm.

But that doesn't mean I won't spend the night before camping outside my sixth form just to be first in line! :ninja:

Joking!

Edexcel ResultsPlus FTW!

ReputationRep:
    11 am for ussss

ReputationRep:
    i think it's 10-12 for us but i'll prob get some confirmation just incase lol

ReputationRep:
    I think we're 9am, then AS results at 9:30.

ReputationRep:
    less than 3 weeks already this is not funny at all

after the weekend it'll be like 2 weeks and a few days left i think

ReputationRep:

I think we can go collect our results at about 10am because I vividly remember that last year it was also 10am. Although due to the fact that we were in AS then, we had to wait about 15 minutes because the A2 people were priority and they went in early. But I presume that it will be the same time this year, I hope it is. I got so frustrated waiting for those 15 minutes.

There are only 19 days left, I am trying to maintain my sanity but it's so difficult. I think I seriously am going insane and I think I should be detained indefinately in a mental hospital so I stop thinking about results day maybe they'll give me some shock therapy and that will calm me down!!!!

:eek3: :eek3: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    gosh you're even making me feel like it's results day tomorrow zay:p:
    seriously though im gonna be **** scared on the actual day

ReputationRep:
    only 19 days?!?!?! wowza... scary times! Worse for you A2ers

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! I just added up my chem UMS like a second ago (only done it four times today which is an improvement from previous days) and i was 3 UMS off an A! :zomg: :cry: :afraid: :coma:

Somebody hold me PLEASE! :puppyeyes:

Dreadful!

EDIT: I think I'm going to add it up again until its over 480.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.