Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh how i'm dreading results day....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    gosh you're even making me feel like it's results day tomorrow zay:p:
    seriously though im gonna be **** scared on the actual day
    I apologise, I did not intend to make you feel like that.

I unequivocally state again there are only 19 days! Start to panick people, start to panick!!!!

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbbw)
    im glad im not the only one. i actually feel like crying. my parents keep saying your going to do so well and their expecting good results from me which makes it even worse. i dont know whether to cry, kill myself, look forward to uni or just hope for the best. im so scared.

:eek3: :confused: :eek:
    I feel exactly the same way. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    My friend is working in Brunel and he's already accepted and rejected people who have got their results. So if there's anyone here who applied to Brunel................ unis get results 1 week earlier.

Just saying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    My friend is working in Brunel and he's already accepted and rejected people who have got their results. So if there's anyone here who applied to Brunel................ unis get results 1 week earlier.

Just saying!
    That's an interesting thing.
    I am hoping that unis would have got everything by now. I am an international student, and I have just received an email from my firm yesterday telling me how to open bank account etc.in the UK. Since unis are not allowed to tell us anything officially before August 20th, do you think that email sent at the end of July is implying that I have got my place? But I know realistically they are likely to have sent that to all international offerholders. I am just curious on the fact that they dont send it much earlier or after results day, if they get to know everything recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    OMG!!! I just added up my chem UMS like a second ago (only done it four times today which is an improvement from previous days) and i was 3 UMS off an A! :zomg: :cry: :afraid: :coma:

Somebody hold me PLEASE! :puppyeyes:

Dreadful!

EDIT: I think I'm going to add it up again until its over 480.
    LOL I keep doing that!

My exams went quite badly, but thankfully due to good AS marks I need something like C C D to get what I need, but it's going to be a close call!

It's so hard being realistic with how you did whilst at the same time making sure you scrape the grade haha :p: If I end up a few UMS under, I just think "hmm well an extra 2 for grade boundaries, another 1 for good language/vocab, another for that really good conclusion I did... oh look I got an A!"

Btw, anyone know when the mark schemes / grade boundaries are released? Is it always after results day?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe there are less than 3 weeks left! To be honest I feel slightly thankful to Student Finance for being such tossers, as it is taking my mind off the exam result stress . Although... considering the amount of times I've second-guessed my predictions in the last hour reading this thread says otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nchen5)
    That's an interesting thing.
    I am hoping that unis would have got everything by now. I am an international student, and I have just received an email from my firm yesterday telling me how to open bank account etc.in the UK. Since unis are not allowed to tell us anything officially before August 20th, do you think that email sent at the end of July is implying that I have got my place? But I know realistically they are likely to have sent that to all international offerholders. I am just curious on the fact that they dont send it much earlier or after results day, if they get to know everything recently.
    Unis send those sort of things out to all offerholders, you are reading too much into it.

I think what hasan is referring Scottish and IB students who have already got their results. Us A Level students are still waiting like madmen. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    btw what songs do people listen to get them through this difficult time?

I just have Simply the Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsFjXF0GJg) on repeat...I makes me (a bit) more optimistic. :o: I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)

Just saying!
    They must be Scottish/IB/international applicants.

The exam boards definitely won't have released their results to unis yet. It's only been a month since the last exams, so all the papers will probably have been marked by now, but the examiners still need to meet and moderate the marking, decide on grade boundaries and write their reports. After that, they have the massive task of putting all the marks together for each student, to determine their grades.

ReputationRep:
    with alevels, the uni will get the students results on the monday before results day, so they can decide whose in and whose out.

becasue the scottish results come out on the 5th of august...im guessing thats why

ReputationRep:
    I just woke up from a results day dream. I got an A in English Lit (I'm so scared about whether I'll get the A I need irl) but I got an O in Biology and a G in Chemistry. When I opened my results I was like OMG they invented new grades for me because I flopped so bad. For some reason there were only 3 subjects on my form and I was crying because I couldn't resit and Psychology wasn't on my results.

Arrgh. I just want to know the results!
    And I'm an ASer so I can resit but still....

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=136

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)

I just have Simply the Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsFjXF0GJg) on repeat...I makes me (a bit) more optimistic. :o: I love it.
    I'm odd in that I actually listen to some depressing music around now. Leonard Cohen, Nine Inch Nails, Seether, Joy Division, Johnny Cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)

It's so hard being realistic with how you did whilst at the same time making sure you scrape the grade.
    Yeah thats it, you've just hit the nail on its head there! I think i'm gonna try and take my mind of things by not adding up this morning today just to make me feel better.

Oh dear. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I think when it gets to two weeks it's going to get very scary, because it's only a fortnight and I actually have things arranged to keep me busy, which should hopefully make the time fly! I just want to know now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)

Each summer I have a different set of tunes I listen to, this year I have been listening to a lot of guns and roses paradise city in particular

Its odd, all through July I have barely thought of the results, done a lot to keep me occupied but now I've finished most of my summer activities and I can't escape the results, however, in saying that theres no point worrying now, there is still weeks left, don't let them ruin your summer, we are too young for that. Though it is unfair a mere moment of looking at a slip of paper can decided the next 3 or 4 years of someones life.

ReputationRep:
    I Cant even remember the papers well enough to add up my UMS now

ReputationRep:
    i just wish we could start the 10 day countdown...i cant believe its august tomorrow!!! i wish there was something i could do which could potentially make a difference other than praying...i feel so helpless. the potential worst day of my life is currently being arranged and all i can do is sit and wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    I haven't yet received a letter from my College telling me when i can come collect my Results on the 20th.
    For AS we got a letter saying after 1pm only.
    A2's are morning i think - when the letter arrives the panic meter will up a few notches.

What time can you guys & girls go in?
    7.30am our sixth form opens for us to go and get our results, ahhh!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.