The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

This discussion is closed.
kaytee.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh how i'm dreading results day....
Zay18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
gosh you're even making me feel like it's results day tomorrow zay:p:
seriously though im gonna be **** scared on the actual day
I apologise, I did not intend to make you feel like that.

I unequivocally state again there are only 19 days! Start to panick people, start to panick!!!!

:eek3:
fallen angel9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sbbw)
im glad im not the only one. i actually feel like crying. my parents keep saying your going to do so well and their expecting good results from me which makes it even worse. i dont know whether to cry, kill myself, look forward to uni or just hope for the best. im so scared.

:eek3: :confused: :eek:
I feel exactly the same way. :woo:
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend is working in Brunel and he's already accepted and rejected people who have got their results. So if there's anyone here who applied to Brunel................ unis get results 1 week earlier.

Just saying!
nchen5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)
My friend is working in Brunel and he's already accepted and rejected people who have got their results. So if there's anyone here who applied to Brunel................ unis get results 1 week earlier.

Just saying!
That's an interesting thing.
I am hoping that unis would have got everything by now. I am an international student, and I have just received an email from my firm yesterday telling me how to open bank account etc.in the UK. Since unis are not allowed to tell us anything officially before August 20th, do you think that email sent at the end of July is implying that I have got my place? But I know realistically they are likely to have sent that to all international offerholders. I am just curious on the fact that they dont send it much earlier or after results day, if they get to know everything recently.
oo_Lucinda_oo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
OMG!!! I just added up my chem UMS like a second ago (only done it four times today which is an improvement from previous days) and i was 3 UMS off an A! :zomg: :cry: :afraid: :coma:

Somebody hold me PLEASE! :puppyeyes:

Dreadful!

EDIT: I think I'm going to add it up again until its over 480.
LOL I keep doing that!

My exams went quite badly, but thankfully due to good AS marks I need something like C C D to get what I need, but it's going to be a close call!

It's so hard being realistic with how you did whilst at the same time making sure you scrape the grade haha :p: If I end up a few UMS under, I just think "hmm well an extra 2 for grade boundaries, another 1 for good language/vocab, another for that really good conclusion I did... oh look I got an A!"

Btw, anyone know when the mark schemes / grade boundaries are released? Is it always after results day?
TempusV
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't believe there are less than 3 weeks left! To be honest I feel slightly thankful to Student Finance for being such tossers, as it is taking my mind off the exam result stress . Although... considering the amount of times I've second-guessed my predictions in the last hour reading this thread says otherwise.
Joy Division
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nchen5)
That's an interesting thing.
I am hoping that unis would have got everything by now. I am an international student, and I have just received an email from my firm yesterday telling me how to open bank account etc.in the UK. Since unis are not allowed to tell us anything officially before August 20th, do you think that email sent at the end of July is implying that I have got my place? But I know realistically they are likely to have sent that to all international offerholders. I am just curious on the fact that they dont send it much earlier or after results day, if they get to know everything recently.
Unis send those sort of things out to all offerholders, you are reading too much into it.

I think what hasan is referring Scottish and IB students who have already got their results. Us A Level students are still waiting like madmen. :woo:
Joy Division
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
btw what songs do people listen to get them through this difficult time?

I just have Simply the Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsFjXF0GJg) on repeat...I makes me (a bit) more optimistic. :o: I love it.
angelmxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)

Just saying!
They must be Scottish/IB/international applicants.

The exam boards definitely won't have released their results to unis yet. It's only been a month since the last exams, so all the papers will probably have been marked by now, but the examiners still need to meet and moderate the marking, decide on grade boundaries and write their reports. After that, they have the massive task of putting all the marks together for each student, to determine their grades.
Est.1989
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
with alevels, the uni will get the students results on the monday before results day, so they can decide whose in and whose out.

becasue the scottish results come out on the 5th of august...im guessing thats why
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just woke up from a results day dream. I got an A in English Lit (I'm so scared about whether I'll get the A I need irl) but I got an O in Biology and a G in Chemistry. When I opened my results I was like OMG they invented new grades for me because I flopped so bad. For some reason there were only 3 subjects on my form and I was crying because I couldn't resit and Psychology wasn't on my results.

Arrgh. I just want to know the results!
And I'm an ASer so I can resit but still....
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=136
Imperious_Leader
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Joy Division)

I just have Simply the Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsFjXF0GJg) on repeat...I makes me (a bit) more optimistic. :o: I love it.
I'm odd in that I actually listen to some depressing music around now. Leonard Cohen, Nine Inch Nails, Seether, Joy Division, Johnny Cash.
Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)

It's so hard being realistic with how you did whilst at the same time making sure you scrape the grade.
Yeah thats it, you've just hit the nail on its head there! I think i'm gonna try and take my mind of things by not adding up this morning today just to make me feel better.

Oh dear. :sigh:
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think when it gets to two weeks it's going to get very scary, because it's only a fortnight and I actually have things arranged to keep me busy, which should hopefully make the time fly! I just want to know now...
random-ray
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Joy Division)

Each summer I have a different set of tunes I listen to, this year I have been listening to a lot of guns and roses paradise city in particular

Its odd, all through July I have barely thought of the results, done a lot to keep me occupied but now I've finished most of my summer activities and I can't escape the results, however, in saying that theres no point worrying now, there is still weeks left, don't let them ruin your summer, we are too young for that. Though it is unfair a mere moment of looking at a slip of paper can decided the next 3 or 4 years of someones life.
Closer*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I Cant even remember the papers well enough to add up my UMS now
billiejean81
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i just wish we could start the 10 day countdown...i cant believe its august tomorrow!!! i wish there was something i could do which could potentially make a difference other than praying...i feel so helpless. the potential worst day of my life is currently being arranged and all i can do is sit and wait
Plugiinbaby
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DomBres)
I haven't yet received a letter from my College telling me when i can come collect my Results on the 20th.
For AS we got a letter saying after 1pm only.
A2's are morning i think - when the letter arrives the panic meter will up a few notches.

What time can you guys & girls go in?
7.30am our sixth form opens for us to go and get our results, ahhh!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?