Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    shut the **** up and wait for it.
    that's my advice.

ReputationRep:
    Gah! :cry:
    I'm dreading the day, but I can't wait for it to come, either. :erm:
    I'm nervous as hell, but then when its here the 'ifs' will officially be over. I will, finally, know if I'm going to uni or not!

ReputationRep:
    Not really nervous. Just bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmobear)
    aaah i'm dreading it.

is it true if you check on ucas at midnight you can tell if your uni has accepted you? someone else said 7am so i'm unsure :/
    i guess i'll check both ways to be sure....
    not midnight, early morning so i'd say 5am at the earliest

ReputationRep:
    im not worrying, if i fail i fail? resit and do better.. no bigge

ReputationRep:
    Aaah I'm really freaking out about results it's crept up on me so quickly!

:ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    "There's a divinity that shapes our ends"... or to be put more simply:

allow it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    im not really that fussed
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Not really nervous. Just bored.
    ditto. although maybe that's because I'm only waiting on AS results, and I know what I'm doing next year (because I can't drop anything). I look forward to it as a day where I actually have something to do, but that's about it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be the 1st of August tommorow. I'm seriously feeling the pressure of results day. I'll be staying up the night before results day and posting so many replies on this thread I think that will keep me occupied. Mere words cannot express how I feel, the emoticons are far more effective in displaying my emotions and concerns about results day.

I currently feel like all of these:

:puke: :banghead: :zomg: :yikes: :shock: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura373)
    ditto. although maybe that's because I'm only waiting on AS results, and I know what I'm doing next year (because I can't drop anything). I look forward to it as a day where I actually have something to do, but that's about it. :confused:
    i just finished my a2s, guess i've felt the same about my as year. i suppose im more interested in my a2 results because my uni placement depends on my results, so if anything im interested because i'd like to have an idea about which uni i go to haha.

i come from the angle that says i tried my best and gave the a levels my complete effort and whatever results i get i'm happy with, simply because i dont have any regrets - i know i couldnt have worked harder!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I had a dream I got D's in most subject and an A in Biology, which isn't even a subject I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    i just finished my a2s, guess i've felt the same about my as year. i suppose im more interested in my a2 results because my uni placement depends on my results, so if anything im interested because i'd like to have an idea about which uni i go to haha.

i come from the angle that says i tried my best and gave the a levels my complete effort and whatever results i get i'm happy with, simply because i dont have any regrets - i know i couldnt have worked harder!
    Ah mannn, I wish I could say I share the same mentality :o: I would feel a lot more content regardless of the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    I've just opened my email to find one from sheffield uni about exam results! Its just hit me that I may not even get in there
    I really need to make like my blood type and be positive :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    Ah mannn, I wish I could say I share the same mentality :o: I would feel a lot more content regardless of the outcome.
    thats what its all about, feeling content. best of luck though, im sure the more worried you are the better you've done :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    i'm not feeling much pressure, probably cause it's AS and worse case scenario would be that i have to do a load of re-sits. Inconvenient and annoying but not the end of the world.

That said, i really hope i got 3 A's in the subjects im taking next year. I'd love to get AAAD or AAAC lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    It's going to be the 1st of August tommorow. I'm seriously feeling the pressure of results day. I'll be staying up the night before results day and posting so many replies on this thread I think that will keep me occupied. Mere words cannot express how I feel, the emoticons are far more effective in displaying my emotions and concerns about results day.

I currently feel like all of these:

:puke: :banghead: :zomg: :yikes: :shock: :eek3:
    I know! I think it being August will make it seem so much closer. I mean in June or July you're in a whole separate month to results day...soooo scared :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, been reading this tread for the past few days and have been trying to avoid it but I just can't!!! I just can't wait for August 20th!

I am not worried (well, not overly worried) as my Uni offer is BBC but I already have BCD, so hopefully the final modules get those up to AAA/AAB. The annoying thing is my school are not letting anyone in until 11.30am! So I guess in the morning I will log onto track, then look at the grade boundaries on AQA's website, maybe go for a jog/bike ride? walk to school and rip open my envelope!!!

Good Luck everybody!

I think having the results in my hand.. in the envelope is the worst feeling ever, I ACTUALLY DONT WANT TO OPEN IT!!! but i want to at the same time... but i dont want to.. but want to... gah i HATE results day! BAD!

:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I have little to no recollection of the night before my results day, it is like I didn't care and it was just a normal day I just want it to be the 17th August so there is only 3 days left but it is long enough.. because I have no patience now

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for those whose schools won't let them in til later, we're allowed to go in from 8:30, normal registration time! I'm pretty thankful for that. Me and my best friend have agreed to walk in that day (about an hour's walk) just to um, clear our heads? (Unlikely, I know!) Though she'll be checking Track beforehand and I've decided not to so it'll either be a ecstatic or depressed walk for her

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.