Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Hmm what would you do if you found out on Track that you didn't get in? Would you tell your parents immediately or wait until you get the actual A Level results to tell them?

I don't think I could face my parents. :woo:
    I'd tell them so I can get it over and done with.

I wouldn't want to walk around all day with such a huge burden. I know my mum; she won't smack my face with a frying pan (or atleast the law says she can't) if i told her i'd missed both my offers. Granted she'd be disappointed (as would I), but she'd mask her disappointment by spending the whole day cooking for a massive family feast (sounds stupid i know, but she knows how hard i worked so she'd still like to celebrate my achievements - or atleast i would like her to do something to celebrate working my ass off). Then later that night (when I'd have probably got to terms with the disappointment), she'd ask me what I plan to do/advise me on my plans for next year.

I dunno what I'd do about results day parties if I missed my offers tbh. Everyone there probably would have passed so it'll be awkward being there, pretending to be happy. I'd always sorta imagined going there and celebrating with everyone, not sitting there watching them celebrate as I sulk in a corner or something. :s:

[Maybe I should just go there for the free drinks? :ninja:] But I :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    For GCSE results day I went with my aunt and mum. I think I'll just get a lift from my nan this time:dontknow: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have to go out after, I can't imagine the prospect of going to get my results and not going out after, sounds bloody depressing!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared

ReputationRep:
    august already......wow............chan ces are i wont get my firm, but i hope for my insurance so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    if at this moment will are all scared, i wonder what it will be like on the 19th :woo: :eek3: :eek: :mad: :confused: :o: :mad: :woo: . as foe me i will hold a ''vigil'' throughout the night
    Yeah a vigil with a lot of desperate praying sounds about right...`:cry:

ReputationRep:
    It's August :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Well I kept thinking it was 19 days today, but just made a countdown clock for 6:00 AM on the 20th, and I've been informed it's 18 days! That's far too soon :eek:

I've been wanting results day to come around quicker for SO long, and now it's getting closer, I want it to go away... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    This is the most terrifying thread in the world, yet I am strangely drawn to it.

ReputationRep:
    August 20th is ages away.

ReputationRep:
    pinch punch first day of the month!

ReputationRep:
    for the past few nights i have a results day dream, where i never actually find out the results, it's just me and my mates with pieces of paper. Anyway, every time i wake up i also think it's August 20th and then i have a mini heart attack

ReputationRep:
    Last night I had my first results day dream.
    And it wasn't a good outcome. I failed.

ReputationRep:
    when should people register their pins for edexcel results plus... should we just do it on the 20th????

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god results day is nearing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute....Does that mean that people up here in Scotland get the first crack at the clearing places since are results come out before yours?

ReputationRep:
    I've only done AS Levels but I'm really nervouse about it. I mean my AS results are gonna determine what I can try and get next year, if I get Cs and Ds which I probably will (apart from Biology I'm confident I've got a B in!) then I'm not gonna be able to apply for an ABB uni!Very nervous But in a way I can't wait to get them cause then I can decided what I'm gonna do with my future at the moment I'm just unsure about what to do so hopefully they will help me decide!

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, imaginign the moment i check track and see unsuccessful and having to tell my parents....worst moment of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Iv stopped caring to be honest

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I think there is a set date for clearing otherwise it would be plain unfair

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.