Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    OMG you are not alone in that!
    I've had a recurring dream where I open my results envelope and Ive messed up my grades and the uni rejects me (I've had this dream 9 or 10 times)
    I've never really had recurring dreams in the past.
    they're torturing us making us wait this long :p: Scotland get theirs next week...not fair

Ah man!!!

ReputationRep:
    well i had my first results day dream last night. i got a C in politics, a B in sociology and in law i was one ums point away from an A. so i sent an exam off for a remark and i got a phone call from the chief examiner, telling me he was 'concerned about the marking' and that i'd been marked unfairly, so he was going to remark it.
    i don't know if i did get an A though...

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, does anyone actually know what UCAS track says when it updates..so worried now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennymoroney)
    Just wondering, does anyone actually know what UCAS track says when it updates..so worried now!
    I'm guessing 'conditional' will go to 'unconditional' or 'unsuccessful', depending. Obviously we hope for the former...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennymoroney)
    Unsuccessful - Not accepted

Unconditional - Accepted

Conditional - Apparently either this means the Uni hasn't updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Well I kept thinking it was 19 days today, but just made a countdown clock for 6:00 AM on the 20th, and I've been informed it's 18 days! That's far too soon :eek:

I've been wanting results day to come around quicker for SO long, and now it's getting closer, I want it to go away... :sad:
    I feel exactly the same way. I couldn't wait for July to end, but now it's August I don't want to know what my results are. After having stayed up the whole night before results day I think I'll just switch on the TV and watch the news which will probably be broadcasting results day from some colleges. Then I'll have a panick attack and run around like a headless chicken, when the running comes to an end I'll just go get ready. I'm so petrified, even though there are still 18 days left it feels like results day is next week.

:eek3: :mad: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling a strange rush of excitement and dread, much like waiting to go on a fast rollercoaster.

I think this year (AS level) is a lot less clear-cut than GCSEs, at least for me... I had a good idea how I would perform at GCSE due to the volume of mocks and modules we had done, but now, A levels are just so unpredictable!

But good luck to everyone, I'm sure everything will turn out okay on the day.

ReputationRep:
    ahh they have merged the thread together but I preferred the other titled thread about induced vomiting.. (no offence lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    ahh they have merged the thread together but I preferred the other titled thread about induced vomiting.. (no offence lol)
    me too. whoever is responsible for this should be sorry. will they keep on changing the days as they reduce:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)

I spent like 10 minutes just now looking for the other thread and wondered what happened :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Damn thread title change! The other one was so much better. On a side note a friend just sent me this link on MSN... really do have to laugh that someone actually made it (and apologies if the link has been previously mentioned in the thread... really can't be bothered to look for it )!

http://howlongisituntilresultsday.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefxx)
    I feel so sorry for those whose schools won't let them in til later, we're allowed to go in from 8:30, normal registration time! I'm pretty thankful for that. Me and my best friend have agreed to walk in that day (about an hour's walk) just to um, clear our heads? (Unlikely, I know!) Though she'll be checking Track beforehand and I've decided not to so it'll either be a ecstatic or depressed walk for her
    ha ha, I am doing the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel nervous at all. although i'm sure my AS's results wont be perfect.... is there something wrong with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    I don't feel nervous at all. although i'm sure my AS's results wont be perfect.... is there something wrong with me
    This is the reason.

I wasn't nervous for AS's at all. There can always be retakes.

But this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    This is the reason.

I wasn't nervous for AS's at all. There can always be retakes.

But this year...
    retakes hehehehehe. I never want to retake that feeling is horrible :sick:
    Don't insult me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I spent like 10 minutes just now looking for the other thread and wondered what happened :rolleyes:
    haha, me too, I was wondering why the title of this thread had changed. Its so confusing!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i wanna know now its so unfair 2 more weeks im hoping and praying i get a C at least fr politics not my strong subject at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    i wanna know now its so unfair 2 more weeks im hoping and praying i get a C at least fr politics not my strong subject at all
    politics how interesting

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the thread title? :confused:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.