Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I realised. My comment was a joke based on the emphasis put on "THIS"

@Sia: DW I reckon everyone feels the same. I always wondered why so many A2 students came back to resit, I now know why.
    Can we actually resit without having to re-do the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I realised. My comment was a joke based on the emphasis put on "THIS"

@Sia: DW I reckon everyone feels the same. I always wondered why so many A2 students came back to resit, I now know why.

lol..oh:eyeball: :p:

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Can we actually resit without having to re-do the year?
    Yup, in fact we have no choice but to as we took the old specification which is no longer being taught.
    At my sixth form we got no support for resits, you had to relearn everything yourself. By no support I mean no lessons, they'd give you material if you ask for it and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Yup, in fact we have no choice but to as we took the old specification which is no longer being taught.
    At my sixth form we got no support for resits, you had to relearn everything yourself. By no support I mean no lessons, they'd give you material if you ask for it and stuff.
    Oh yeah! thank for that! oh well I basically re-learnt all the stuff for the A2 exams anyway because I refused to go college because all the lessons were just teachers messing around... :p: went crazy being at home 24/7 revising...

But wait, didn't people say we wont be able to take resits because it is an old specification?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! thank for that! oh well I basically re-learnt all the stuff for the A2 exams anyway because I refused to go college because all the lessons were just teachers messing around... :p: went crazy being at home 24/7 revising...

But wait, didn't people say we wont be able to take resits because it is an old specification?
    No, the exam boards have to make allowances for resits. They're only in January though so no June papers next year for us.
    Think about the revolt of students if no resits were allowed.

I was the same about revising, except my house is too loud to revise in so I headed to the library. The last year has been me waking up going to school and then library. Even on weekends (minus the school obv.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    No, the exam boards have to make allowances for resits. They're only in January though so no June papers next year for us.
    Think about the revolt of students if no resits were allowed.

I was the same about revising, except my house is too loud to revise in so I headed to the library. The last year has been me waking up going to school and then library. Even on weekends (minus the school obv.)
    Ahh for my January resits I was always in the library, loads of people in my year used to talk about how I am always in the library but rarely in class aha :p:. But in June it went the opposite, I didn't have motivation to revise at the library so I realised I had to revise at home and with the immense about of work to cover, I made the decision after the April half term that I wouldn't go to classes because I had 3 May resits and 8 June A2 exams.

ReputationRep:
    I love being scottish I dont have to wait as long

ReputationRep:
    Whats track? Can we find results online at midnight or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Whats track? Can we find results online at midnight or something?
    Are you waiting for AS or A2 results?

UCAS Track is what is used to apply for uni's and stuff and they update around 6-7am on the morning of results day saying if we got into Uni

ReputationRep:
    Are you waiting for AS or A2 results?

UCAS Track is what is used to apply for uni's and stuff and they update around 6-7am on the morning of results day saying if we got into Uni
    Im waiting for AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Im waiting for AS.
    Well next year you'll be able to find out in the early mornings of results day if you got into uni, loads of people check it as it is an obvious inclination of whether they got their grades or not

ReputationRep:
    i am dreading results day

ReputationRep:
    Oh God.... 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    17 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes to be more precise ahh
    Can you remember back when it was 60 odd days to go, feels just like yesterday, where has the time gone?

ReputationRep:
    So what are people planning on doing the night before? I know I couldn't get any sleep so I'm going to m8s house for an all nighter then from 6ish it will be checking track oh i dunno.......every ten seconds?? Knowing me I will probably be vomiting through the night.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    So what are people planning on doing the night before? I know I couldn't get any sleep so I'm going to m8s house for an all nighter then from 6ish it will be checking track oh i dunno.......every ten seconds?? Knowing me I will probably be vomiting through the night.....
    me too am going to my mate's hse. i just open my results with or check thr=e tracking with my mum standing besides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    me too am going to my mate's hse. i just open my results with or check thr=e tracking with my mum standing besides
    no no no no no no no no no no no, I would never let my mum be anywhere near me when I look at track, like the thought of looking at the monitor to see if i got in whilst knowing there is another pair of eyes behind me lookin too (and these eyes belong to the one woman who will kill me if i fail). NOT gonna happen lol, hence why I'll be in m8s house which is nice and big so I can hide out somewhere lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    That was silly, they're not going to give you that paper in January
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised we've waited so long for these results that everything's just descended into apathy.

Anyway just wondering if any peeps have one of those annoying people who goes around on results day and asks everybody what they got and then boasts? :shifty:
    i.e. "What UMS did you get?"

"You got a B.... that's uhhh good."

"Oh I got full marks (in General Studies)"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    I'll probably just be staring at the computer alone and posting replies on this thread. Atleast you'll have some moral support and a friend to reassure you that you've done well, all I'll have is me myself and I! I'm still indecisive at the moment with regards to whether I should check track or not. Throughout the whole night I'll probably be eating and if I don't get the grades that I need, I'll most definately be seeing the food I've eaten that night coming all the way back up and I'll just be crying and vomiting the whole day.

This is so scary, I remember reading this thread when there were 66 days to go and most of us still had exams going on but now there are only 17 days left, how wierd is that?

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.