Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    I've just realised we've waited so long for these results that everything's just descended into apathy.

Anyway just wondering if any peeps have one of those annoying people who goes around on results day and asks everybody what they got and then boasts? :shifty:
    i.e. "What UMS did you get?"

"You got a B.... that's uhhh good."

"Oh I got full marks (in General Studies)"
    Haha, there are many people like that at my college. Even if you get an A they'll still ask what UMS marks you got and compare it to their grade, its so frustrating!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think from lack of sleep the night before my mind won't be able to tell the difference between 'Unsuccessful' and 'Unconditional'. I'll just sit there staring at the screen :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Haha, there are many people like that at my college. Even if you get an A they'll still ask what UMS marks you got and compare it to their grade, its so frustrating!!!
    That's why you tell them to stfu, lol. I'm not telling anyone my UMS scores except for a few people :p: I might be too upset anyways (=disappointing grades).

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised we've waited so long for these results that everything's just descended into apathy.

Anyway just wondering if any peeps have one of those annoying people who goes around on results day and asks everybody what they got and then boasts? :shifty:

So many people in my year get 100 % no joke, some are nice but some are not. Me " What did you get??" Them "B, i'm so upset its sucha **** grade etc.....what did you get???" Me "B aswell" Them " Omg thats so good, for you you know"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

My friend is on holiday with 2 people who both got 10 A*s at GCSE when she gets her AS results. Unlucky .

ReputationRep:
    I remember when there were posts in this thread like "Oh my gosh, 66 days -it's so close!" Well THIS is close, but there's still 2 weeks and a few days left of waiting (the night before is when it gets truely terrifying!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    So what are people planning on doing the night before? I know I couldn't get any sleep so I'm going to m8s house for an all nighter then from 6ish it will be checking track oh i dunno.......every ten seconds?? Knowing me I will probably be vomiting through the night.....
    I'll probably insist on cooking my family a three course meal, so I'm kept busy with preparing and cooking stuff, and my mind is somewhat occupied by something other than results! Then I'll sit on here a while and freak out with you guys, then try and get a decent night's sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get the UCAS Media email about Track, The Surgery etc? I nearly had a heart attack when I opened my inbox and there was an email from UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Did anyone get the UCAS Media email about Track, The Surgery etc? I nearly had a heart attack when I opened my inbox and there was an email from UCAS!
    I got it through the post weeks ago, slightly more terrified now

ReputationRep:
    Why did they have to put results day back a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    Because they're stupid and like to watch us go steadily more mad with anticipation :p: :mad: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah i got it through the post a while back, but they still sent me the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    dunnno, but my guess is that as they're marking both old spec and new spec stuff they needed more time to sort everything out. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    What is it now, 18 days? I'm so bored...

ReputationRep:
    good luck anybody waiting for their AS results. Most of the people over here are university hopefuls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Yep, in which you would beg for the uni to take you in :p:
    Gonna have to prepare my speech hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienta potestas est)
    So many people in my year get 100 % no joke, some are nice but some are not. Me " What did you get??" Them "B, i'm so upset its sucha **** grade etc.....what did you get???" Me "B aswell" Them " Omg thats so good, for you you know"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

My friend is on holiday with 2 people who both got 10 A*s at GCSE when she gets her AS results. Unlucky .
    Hmm, I get what you mean. It does feel liek as if you're "less-worthy" than others, but don't always look at it that way! Different people have done different amount of work for their subjects...

Just want to say - different people have different work ethics and work hard at different levels. For some people, getting a B in a certain subject(i.e. their forte, their favourite) may be dis-heartening as they've worked really really hard for the subject(not implying others didn't but just relatively, harder). And what's more, you might not treat that subject the same way as them, so you can't really experience what they've experienced.

Naturally they will feel disappointed after the amount of work they've put it so if they say "oh, ermm, I've got a B [it's not really that good]" try and understand their situation and don't take it as if it's "boasting" would be the best thing to do. :yes:

And some are aware that B is still good to many others and don't want to make others feel "less-worthy" as they know others are happy about their B, so they do reply with "that's great that you've got a B" to try and hide their disappointment about their own(but of course that don't usually work when others ask "what did you get?" ). Try and put yourself in their shoes: Say if there's a subject you're really passionate about and it's your best subject/forte - you constantly works really hard at it and consistantly get "A"s(or a grade that'll make you happy ^^), then you get a B(or 1 or 2 grades less than what you usually get) in the actual exam, you'd obviously feel disappointed at first.

But of course, sometimes you do get the "boasters" who just goes around saying "a B isn't good enough for them" to look "clever", when that's probably the best they can achieve.XD

Anyways, I hope you get what I mean and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I got my boyfriend who will be awake because he wants to be the first to know :P and my friend doing an all nighter, so we'll be on msn or something! It is going to be utter crap you know! I might mix some drinks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    if it were not for sueing, i wud hit that hell out of that person especially if i dod n't get into the course i wanted

ReputationRep:
    don't even wanna think about it..

ReputationRep:

Yes! She gets near full marks, then critizises people who are unhappy with a B. ''If I had a B I would be so happy'', ''but you got an A, so shut your face'' :mad: (in my head).

(They're really quiet if they get bad marks, and then talk down anyone who got good marks, syaing their boasting. The hypocrites.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.