Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennymoroney)
    Gonna have to prepare my speech hehe!
    I don't want to think about that part, I am just planning to go really high pitch saying "pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeee "...."PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAS SSEEE"

well something like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Haha, there are many people like that at my college. Even if you get an A they'll still ask what UMS marks you got and compare it to their grade, its so frustrating!!!
    Haha, like ''oh I was only like 1 mark of an A'' - yeah more like 2 :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I'll probably just be staring at the computer alone and posting replies on this thread. Atleast you'll have some moral support and a friend to reassure you that you've done well, all I'll have is me myself and I! I'm still indecisive at the moment with regards to whether I should check track or not. Throughout the whole night I'll probably be eating and if I don't get the grades that I need, I'll most definitely be seeing the food I've eaten that night coming all the way back up and I'll just be crying and vomiting the whole day.

This is so scary, I remember reading this thread when there were 66 days to go and most of us still had exams going on but now there are only 17 days left, how wierd is that?

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    haha yes perhaps you shouldn't eat so much throughout the night, wouldn't want you messing up your result's sheet with last nights curry lol
    17 days is annoying, I mean yes it's a lot less than the 66 day mark but remember last year? results were out on the 14th.....which is not this friday but next! I wish we could get them around the 14th like the 13th seeing as its a thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    I've just realised we've waited so long for these results that everything's just descended into apathy.

Anyway just wondering if any peeps have one of those annoying people who goes around on results day and asks everybody what they got and then boasts? :shifty:
    i.e. "What UMS did you get?"

"You got a B.... that's uhhh good."

"Oh I got full marks (in General Studies)"
    ahh yes! I get really annoyed when you can tell they don't care what you got, but they just wanted to tell you what they got!

It is like, you took Drama and couldn't even act remotely interested in what I got! 2 THUMBS DOWN!!

If I get any crap like that... I'll gladly say congradulation!

"Congratulation"

"Thanks "

"No, I meant congratulation as you can now made my hitlist, my Hades have mercy on your soul *****"

Heh heh heh
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I had my first results day dream/nightmare (well you can't really call it a nightmare I suppose) last week.
    It was really bizarre because in my dream I was just randomly on UCAS and my results were just hanging out on the side of the welcome page, and I got ABB. Now although in real life this would not make any difference whatsoever to my uni plans - I will still go to my firm choice - in my dream I couldn't go to either of my choices and had to go through clearing, in which the only places available were for Architecture and Design. (I can't draw for toffee, so that was pretty useless).
    I had to reason with myself when I woke up that that would never actually happen, but it was weird.
    I just want the whole ordeal to be over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I'll probably insist on cooking my family a three course meal, so I'm kept busy with preparing and cooking stuff, and my mind is somewhat occupied by something other than results! Then I'll sit on here a while and freak out with you guys, then try and get a decent night's sleep.
    You know, everything you said there is probably gonna happen, except the "decent night's sleep" part lol

ReputationRep:
    i had a dream i was about to do a history exam and i hadnt had any lessons. llol.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if we can get this thread to 260 pages like last years one Would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I wonder if we can get this thread to 260 pages like last years one Would be great
    me too!

spamming ftw.

We just might do it the night before results day :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    It will probably explode (not literally, obviously) in the last few days leading up to the 20th, so I wouldn't be too hopeful about reaching 260 pages any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    oh god i'm scared now lol, it's only AS but i really dont want to have to re sit any exams, it would be so annoying. I'm almost certain that i will have to re sit at least 1 exam though 18 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
    oh god i'm scared now lol, it's only AS but i really dont want to have to re sit any exams, it would be so annoying. I'm almost certain that i will have to re sit at least 1 exam though 18 days.
    Resitting isn't too bad. When you get to A2 and you have to relearn everything for your synoptic exams, revising for AS resits makes the whole ordeal easier (well thats how i found them to be).

At AS i didn't want to do any resits either as i thought it would be too much hassle, but in retrospect (having done some AS resits in June), i think it helped alot with synoptic revision.

This was for science subjects btw - dunno how much essay subjects differ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Resitting isn't too bad. When you get to A2 and you have to relearn everything for your synoptic exams, revising for AS resits makes the whole ordeal easier (well thats how i found them to be).

At AS i didn't want to do any resits either as i thought it would be too much hassle, but in retrospect (having done some AS resits in June), i think it helped alot with synoptic revision.

This was for science subjects btw - dunno how much essay subjects differ.
    Yeah i guess you're right, if i have to re sit maths it will probably be pretty easy, but if i have to re sit economics it will be more of a pain. Dont wannt jynx it but i felt like i did well in biology so i probably wont need to re sit it. *touch wood*

As for geography... well if i do badly in that i'll just laugh, infact my ideal results would be AAAC lol

ReputationRep:
    It seriously is vomit inducing... everytime i think about it i feel a little bit of vomit creeping up the back of my throat...

ReputationRep:
    Resitting really isn't that bad, in fact I think every person in my year resat at least 1 module or 2 even a girl who got into Oxford. It's nothing to be ashamed of!

ReputationRep:
    I hope we can!!! I think I'll have to constantly refresh this page on the night before results day. But were not too far from the 100 mark so hopefully by the night before results day we should see this thread overflowing with replies. I know I'll be replying to this thread quite alot on that night because I won't have anything else to do!!!!

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i guess you're right, if i have to re sit maths it will probably be pretty easy, but if i have to re sit economics it will be more of a pain. Dont wannt jynx it but i felt like i did well in biology so i probably wont need to re sit it. *touch wood*

As for geography... well if i do badly in that i'll just laugh, infact my ideal results would be AAAC lol
    You'll probably need to revist biology for synoptic paper anyway. The essay (AQA) is such that you need to link in as much as you can from the two years, it has to be reasonably relavant though.

ReputationRep:
    arghhhh this waiting is killing me when im busy im fine i dont think about it....but when im free and espicially on tsr thiz thread reminds me there onli 17 days left which seem so long m dreading the night before results day wont be able to go sleep be on track either.........the goverment needs to change this system.....of results day f only ucas emailed you the changes that happen on track things would be so much easier.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I hope we can!!! I think I'll have to constantly refresh this page on the night before results day. But were not too far from the 100 mark so hopefully by the night before results day we should see this thread overflowing with replies. I know I'll be replying to this thread quite alot on that night because I won't have anything else to do!!!!

:eek:
    I have a feeling it will be a very very VERY eventful night, hopefully I will sleep through the whole day and be awake all night! Don't want to be sluggish when I find out the results :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Resitting really isn't that bad, in fact I think every person in my year resat at least 1 module or 2 even a girl who got into Oxford. It's nothing to be ashamed of!
    Haha, it's not the shame i'm worried about, more like the inconvenience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.