Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
    Haha, it's not the shame i'm worried about, more like the inconvenience
    They are annoying, especially when you want to concentrate on doing well in your A2s and you've got that annoying AS resit to revise for.

ReputationRep:
    Meh it takes like a month to learn a module and at the beginning of the year is a bit slow so it doesnt end up being such an inconvenience...I actually think I went to college more when I had my resits because in between classes and after school I'd be in the library til 6-7 revising If you don't mind your social life taking the back seat for a bit, then it is a minor inconvenience

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you're doing science A-lvls, it's not inconvenient at all - rather (like one of my friends has put it) "fairly enjoyable/helpful" . E.g. the synoptic papers and most of the A2 stuff will be linking back to AS stuff. Doing resits helps you to get your head around AS again and it's "fun" to revise science! xD (okay..may be the latter just applies to me and a few individuals..xD).

ReputationRep:
    I think this thread has magical time-slowing properties. The more I check it, the slower time goes. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I'M GOING TO NEWCASTLE, DAMMIT! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    Yes! She gets near full marks, then critizises people who are unhappy with a B. ''If I had a B I would be so happy'', ''but you got an A, so shut your face'' :mad: (in my head).

(They're really quiet if they get bad marks, and then talk down anyone who got good marks, syaing their boasting. The hypocrites.)
    I hear ya.... the scumbags :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else fairly sure they got the grades?
    I think I got ABB.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're that inconvenient especially if you need them in synoptic.

Personally for every single exam including GCSE's I've always only spent the night before to revise. Did the same for my A2's and AS's aswell, not because I was over confident, but because I've just been too lazy and nothing goes into my head except the day before. And I took Biology, Chemistry & Maths so not easy subjects. Even so, I think I did pretty well as the exams went good for me. So I don't think the AS resits were that inconvenient personally as it never made much difference to my revising lol.

ReputationRep:
    Time is going sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow, tick tick.

so what are you guys gonna be saying on the phone if you dont get the grades? i mean i get that we have to beg...but uhmmm i dont think me saying PLEASEEEEEEEEEE over and over is gonna cut it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    Is anyone else fairly sure they got the grades?
    I think I got ABB.
    I'm fairly sure I missed out by quite a bit. I needed to get a B in chemistry, sitting on a mid-C and completely messed up the biggest exam on the course.

If I'm still on a C, my firm might be smart enough to see how awesome I am. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue what I will say if I don't get in, tbh sometimes I feel like the grades I get arn't what I want, its what other people want, people can expect so much you sometimes, its added pressure to do well, I personally would be happy with 2 Bs and a C but my family and friends want me to get at least 2 As cos I got them in AS year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I think this thread has magical time-slowing properties. The more I check it, the slower time goes. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I'M GOING TO NEWCASTLE, DAMMIT! :mad2:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    oh god less then 3 weeks to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    Time is going sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow, tick tick.

so what are you guys gonna be saying on the phone if you dont get the grades? i mean i get that we have to beg...but uhmmm i dont think me saying PLEASEEEEEEEEEE over and over is gonna cut it

what would you say anyway what would we say...? i have absolutely no clue or idea what to say

ReputationRep:
    I don't like this thread. :nah:

ReputationRep:

oh my god, how awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    what would you say anyway what would we say...? i have absolutely no clue or idea what to say
    Erm I dunno. Maybe something like;

You: I'm bla bla bla. I'm just received my A level results and found out i narrowly missed my offer to read bla bla bla. I was wandering if it was possible for you to consider letting me start the course this Sept in spite of this. My module grades were generally good bla bla bla, and its only one module thats really pulling down my grade bla bla bla.
    [Pause if you realise you're talking too much because you don't want to just babble on.]

Person on phone: Well we can't because bla bla bla

You: I'm aware of the severe competition for places on bla bla bla but I’d really like to study bla bla bla. [This is the time to REALLY BEG likes there's no tomorrow!!!!]

This was just off the top of my head so it’s probably rubbish. :p:

But seriously, a scripted conversation, while useful, may prove pointless as the convo may not follow through as imagined. You could get a rude person that just shuts you up as soon as you start/anything really.

And let’s not be too pessimistic. Positive thinking guys! We'll all meet our uni offers!

ReputationRep:
    You guys might hate me for this but.......................

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...22302&page=259

last years count down. The link directs you to the page where track has gone live and the first one is a rejection

a bit of what we are going to experience 18 days down the line

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted.... Found out that I can't go in on results day now I'm doing this lifeguard course and they won't let me have just an hour off to collect them. Ah well, there's still A2 to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleurgh)
    I'm gutted.... Found out that I can't go in on results day now I'm doing this lifeguard course and they won't let me have just an hour off to collect them. Ah well, there's still A2 to go.
    Sure you can't pull a sickie?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    just out of interest, how are you going to face the envelope on the day?

I mean, are you going to just open it, or hide somewhere and open it lol? xD

Oh and also, last year for GCSEs, some people got phoned up by their teachers before "the" day about their results. By any chance this happens at your school? o__O?

I'm really scared...ahhhhhhh :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.