Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    You guys might hate me for this but.......................

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...22302&page=259

last years count down. The link directs you to the page where track has gone live and the first one is a rejection

a bit of what we are going to experience 18 days down the line
    Hmm.....looks like fun

I would say who I am on that thread but theres not any point.

ReputationRep:

last years count down. The link directs you to the page where track has gone live and the first one is a rejection

:puke: .... That is all..

ReputationRep:
    i recognise some people from this thread on that one..i guess this time next yr we ASers can look back to this one too:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Erm I dunno. Maybe something like;

You: I'm bla bla bla. I'm just received my A level results and found out i narrowly missed my offer to read bla bla bla. I was wandering if it was possible for you to consider letting me start the course this Sept in spite of this. My module grades were generally good bla bla bla, and its only one module thats really pulling down my grade bla bla bla.
    [Pause if you realise you're talking too much because you don't want to just babble on.]

Person on phone: Well we can't because bla bla bla

You: I'm aware of the severe competition for places on bla bla bla but I’d really like to study bla bla bla. [This is the time to REALLY BEG likes there's no tomorrow!!!!]

This was just off the top of my head so it’s probably rubbish. :p:

But seriously, a scripted conversation, while useful, may prove pointless as the convo may not follow through as imagined. You could get a rude person that just shuts you up as soon as you start/anything really.

And let’s not be too pessimistic. Positive thinking guys! We'll all meet our uni offers!

oh right thanks for that no wi have some idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimbus)
    Hey guys,
    just out of interest, how are you going to face the envelope on the day?

I mean, are you going to just open it, or hide somewhere and open it lol? xD

Oh and also, last year for GCSEs, some people got phoned up by their teachers before "the" day about their results. By any chance this happens at your school? o__O?

I'm really scared...ahhhhhhh :woo:
    I just grab the envelope and run away with it :p: I need to be on my own when I find out my results

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Oh and also, last year for GCSEs, some people got phoned up by their teachers before "the" day about their results. By any chance this happens at your school? o__O?

im gonna straight away open mine as i know i will be geting one of my coursework remarked

ReputationRep:
    You guys might hate me for this but.......................

This has terrified me. I feel really bad for annarchy

ReputationRep:
    i just hate getting them. it's like you've waited months and then you know them in a split second.

ReputationRep:
    i like going in and the suspense and then its just a big downer when its over unless i done good which corss fingers is normally the case. but its dull once its over :/

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely think I'm beginning to lose my mind. I was lying in bed listening to Arcade Fire last night, staring at my ceiling and thinking "****, ****, ****, ****, ****, bugger, ****". It took me bloody ages to get to sleep, and there's still 17 or so days left :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i recognise some people from this thread on that one.
    :ninja:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundance_kid)
    Sure you can't pull a sickie?
    Nah, cos then I won't get the qualification. I need to put in all of the hours over that week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleurgh)
    Nah, cos then I won't get the qualification. I need to put in all of the hours over that week
    Aw well don't worry too much, get a friend to pick them up for you

And make sure you get there for A2 :p:

ReputationRep:
    omg the 2008 thread is TERRIFYING!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    im gonna straight away open mine as i know i will be geting one of my coursework remarked
    you sure do have a strong heart. last year i didn't have the guts to open the envelope myself so i gave it to someone i trusted to tell me the results

ReputationRep:
    i reckon come 20th at around 6;30, this thread will be an equivalent of helmand pronvince ( hell )

ReputationRep:
    what time does ucas update?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm just going to open it because we've all waited so long for these results I mean your not exactly going to prolong the wait by trying to find somewhere to hide and open them in secrecy. Last year me and my friend said we would open them together on the count of three. However, I failed to open mine because I had reacted slowly to what she had said (probably due to the fact I hadn't slept all night). So she found her results out before me... and then I finally opened mine. OOOPPSS

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'll definitely open the envelope at college but will probably walk away from the crowd a little bit, not miles away but just to have a few moments of reflection before and after I open them before the inveitable 'WHAT DID YOU GET?!?' :rolleyes:

Envelope-wise, it'll be edging it out grade by grade and digesting each one I think haha. Then I'll hunt out my teachers and thank them either way, though whatever I get one of my teachers will be getting a long overdue wake up call as to what I think of his teaching - politely of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    I AM SO ***** SCARED MAN

BLOODY EDEXCEL PHYSICS, THE BANE OFMY EXISTANCE

I CANT SLEEP, CANT EAT, CANT THINK

A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.