Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Maybe I should call it 17 days, but it feels so better saying 16 because it feels like it is less time to wait....ahh the ignorance :p:
    Lol, I'm doing it with weeks. So everytime we pass thursday it's like another week has gone by. So last friday I was like "Yes! only 2 weeks to go" when in actual fact it's 2 weeks and 6 days.

ReputationRep:
    thought i'd join in with the 'how do you get your results'
    we have 3 tables and it's like 'A-F' 'G-P' 'Q-Z' of surnames. you go up to the table say your name and they give you the sheets with your results on, so you can't help but look straight away!
    and we get them in our sixth form...wish we got envelopes though.

ReputationRep:
    At my sixth form all the form teachers are sat at desks and you just have to go up to your teacher and they'll give you yours and then ask if you want to talk about it or jsut go off and look at them - I didnt realise they said this to everyone last year so when she handed me mine and asked if i needed to talk about the results with her, i was convinced that I'd failed them all and almost burst out crying before i even looked at them

ReputationRep:
    Mine at secondary school were quite interesting. We used the dinner hall. There was no one there to hand you your results. The staff had just placed everyone’s in alphabetical order going from left to right across all the dinner hall tables in the room. So when you walk in, you had to walk round the dinner tables till you eventually saw your envelope. Weird. I got in late that day so everyone else knew what they got already. I walked (ok, run) around the dinner hall looking for my envelope. I eventually got shown where they were by my mate and proceeded to rip open the envelope. However, my teachers sorta ruined the surprise just before I opened them up, saying something like "ooh, you've done really well, you know." Having obviously overheard what my teachers had said, huge swarms of people gathered round me to see me open up the envelope. I actually didn't notice they were there watching me open them, (as I was way too excited to focus on anything but opening the envelope). It wasn't till after I'd seen my results and screamed, that I realised everyone was staring at me. How embarrassing! And it wasn't like I let out a manly-ish scream (if that’s even possible). I let out an ear-piercing type squeal - you know those ones that the 'Shaniquas' do on the bus when they see their mates. Only louder, and higher pitched. Embarrassing! :o: One of my mates even remembers my reaction till this day! :o:

At sixth form (new school), we just walked into the hall and a teacher had all the results of everyone in your form in alphabetical order in envelopes. Pretty much bog standard get your results and rip them open right there and then. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustRach)
    Hmm, I think that the above conversation on how the results will be laid out shows the official start of panicking. :p:
    true very very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Mine at secondary school were quite interesting. We used the dinner hall. There was no one there to hand you your results. The staff had just placed everyone’s in alphabetical order going from left to right across all the dinner hall tables in the room. So when you walk in, you had to walk round the dinner tables till you eventually saw your envelope. Weird. I got in late that day so everyone else knew what they got already. I walked (ok, run) around the dinner hall looking for my envelope. I eventually got shown where they were by my mate and proceeded to rip open the envelope. However, my teachers sorta ruined the surprise just before I opened them up, saying something like "ooh, you've done really well, you know." Having obviously overheard what my teachers had said, huge swarms of people gathered round me to see me open up the envelope. I actually didn't notice they were there watching me open them, (as I was way too excited to focus on anything but opening the envelope). It wasn't till after I'd seen my results and screamed, that I realised everyone was staring at me. How embarrassing! And it wasn't like I let out a manly-ish scream (if that’s even possible). I let out an ear-piercing type squeal - you know those ones that the 'Shaniquas' do on the bus when they see their mates. Only louder, and higher pitched. Embarrassing! :o: One of my mates even remembers my reaction till this day! :o:

At sixth form (new school), we just walked into the hall and a teacher had all the results of everyone in your form in alphabetical order in envelopes. Pretty much bog standard get your results and rip them open right there and then. :teeth:
    I wish my results made me squeal embarrassingly
    I have higher hopes for this year.

ReputationRep:
    some of the things i don't include drinking and smoking but thanks to the fear accompanied with stress and lack of sleep, i am having second thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I wish my results made me squeal embarrassingly
    I have higher hopes for this year.
    Well fingers crossed you do this year.

I haven't had one since GCSEs though all thanks to Edexcel ResultsPlus (and the fact that the markschemes are always leaked before hand so I sorta know what to expect) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i had a little nosey at the scottish thread (who i hear are in competition with us to have the biggest thread) and they were asking what people are going to be doing to celebrate/commiserate results day. so yeah i just wondered if anyone's got anything planned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    how can you check on the internet?, did your school put them up?
    Yep, school puts them up. They will update results just when UCAS updates so I'm going to have a bit of a dilemma on the 20th :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_10)
    i had a little nosey at the scottish thread (who i hear are in competition with us to have the biggest thread) and they were asking what people are going to be doing to celebrate/commiserate results day. so yeah i just wondered if anyone's got anything planned?
    As long as its good news, i'll probably go for a drink with my Mum & Dad, then off to a Friends Results BBQ and finally off to a "School's Out" night in town!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    I hate the way they do results at my school. At least it was this way for GCSEs. We go into the 6th form common room and all the tables are pushed together with sheets and sheets of paper on them which are apparently in alphabetical order. So while desparately searching for your results you see everyone elses and panic more and more. Then when you finally find yours you have no real choice but to look at them there and then as they don't even put them in envelopes!
    AS results day was proper weird in my college, there was no one there, only 13 people or something, and tables were spread around the sports hall and I think it was like A-E and F-J... and you'd go there giving your ID number and address, they'll look through the envelopes they have and then you'd run away with the envelope! loool :p:

ReputationRep:

:eek: the cheek :p:

ReputationRep:
    probably go out with my mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :eek: the cheek :p:
    :O I know, don't they know we can take back the power we gave when we allowed them to form a Parliament :O:O:O

*sorry a bit of A Level politics slipped in their* looool

ReputationRep:
    In my college we have to line up systematically in a queue in the canteen which is relatively small so it cannot accommodate for all the students at my college. So when I recieved my AS results I struggled to get out of the canteen because of the amount of people in there. When you eventually got to the front of the queue a lady would ask you which letter your surname starts with and direct you to that letter table. I just pray this time around its well planned and organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    (and the fact that the markschemes are always leaked before hand so I sorta know what to expect) :ninja:
    Hypothetically speaking, of course, not that I'd go looking for this sort of thing, but where would one come across these mark schemes before results day? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Hypothetically speaking, of course, not that I'd go looking for this sort of thing, but where would one come across these mark schemes before results day? :ninja:
    yessss... ummm my friend wants to uhm....know.......

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    do.not.do.it!!!!!noooooo:p:

ReputationRep:
    looool hmmm my college has teachers at the desk you got to them they sorted aplhabetially show your id card give your candiate number and pick up your results in envolopes thank god its just random teachers and not actual teachers who teach us..... hmmm results day i dont know what to do coz like if im happi i wann ago out but if i do bad then im not gonna be in the mood to go out dammn kinda stuck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.