Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    yessss... ummm my friend wants to uhm....know.......

:ninja:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Hypothetically speaking, of course, not that I'd go looking for this sort of thing, but where would one come across these mark schemes before results day? :ninja:
    :laugh:

Well one cannot explicitly say as edexcel are apparently threatening to take legal action on anyone who posts them up or gives away info on how to get them. :zomg:. Scary times. :yikes: There was a thread a while back though, and thats where i saw them (it only had the edexcel science ones iirc). Edexcel found out about the thread and thats the last I heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    yessss... ummm my friend wants to uhm....know.......

haha!! No trust me 'your friend' doesnt want to know! Especially when you cannot remember what you wrote (it was over a mth ago) and start to hyperventilate because you think your answers are all wrong. it makes the wait worse. trust me i found them last year nealry 1-2 weeks before results and it was not pretty!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    haha!! No trust me 'your friend' doesnt want to know! Especially when you cannot remember what you wrote (it was over a mth ago) and start to hyperventilate because you think your answers are all wrong. it makes the wait worse. trust me i found them last year nealry 1-2 weeks before results and it was not pretty!!
    Eek! I shall inform my friend of this...yes..... hummm:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempusV)
    Damn thread title change! The other one was so much better. On a side note a friend just sent me this link on MSN... really do have to laugh that someone actually made it (and apologies if the link has been previously mentioned in the thread... really can't be bothered to look for it )!

http://howlongisituntilresultsday.co.uk/

i made that site haha...

where did you find it ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes... I am XCRUSHESX's friend.

I don't care, I would still like to have access to the markschemes.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, sorry but if people aren;t worried about results day and find it weird that people are worried (rightly so) WHY DO THEY COME ON THIS FORUM?!

17 days OMG
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I should stop coming on here and reading it all. It makes it no better.
    I start to suffer minor hyperventilation every time I think about opening the envelope.
    hmm.
    Personally I will not be checking track before I go and get my results. I prefer to wait until the last second to find out if I've failed. If I see on track that I didn't get in, it will just put a complete downer on the rest of my day.
    Whatever happens, I plan to get wasted that night (student night in town )
    Happy panicking, y'all. At least we'll be doing it together...

ReputationRep:
    Do we get the results in an envelope?

I remember on my GCSE's thinking I would but then just getting a sheet with all the results on :O

ReputationRep:
    Last year my actual teacher gave me the results and in that subject I'd gotten a C and D so she was like "what the hell happened?" seeing as I was meant to get an A.

This year though, all my mates either didn't turn up for exams or do BTECs so won't be getting results. So it's only really me and my best mate who did the exams and she walked out of all of them, so isn't going to uni this year, so I highly doubt if any of my mates will be doing anything to celebrate, I'll still go down to the pub whther anyone comes with me or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach_998)
    Last year my actual teacher gave me the results and in that subject I'd gotten a C and D so she was like "what the hell happened?" seeing as I was meant to get an A.

This year though, all my mates either didn't turn up for exams or do BTECs so won't be getting results. So it's only really me and my best mate who did the exams and she walked out of all of them, so isn't going to uni this year, so I highly doubt if any of my mates will be doing anything to celebrate, I'll still go down to the pub whther anyone comes with me or not.
    lol your mates have the wrong attitude maybe :eek:

ReputationRep:
    On the day, I'll have to go to three separate centres to collect my results. At my actual sixth form college (an enormous college in student numbers), we have to walk through the theatre / performing arts space, which doubles as the main exam hall, to get our results. No envelope. Sorted by surname letter. Handed out to you by an allotted teacher / member of staff, who will make an annoying comment.

At the school sixth form, if I come early enough I'll have to leaf through results envelopes myself. At the private candidates' centre, I think the queue stretches out onto the street, and the envelope is handed to you after a team of staff has found it.

I'm almost...complacent about meeting my offer. But it's just that sense of honour to myself that will be shattered, come results day. I'm likely to feel I haven't done myself justice. Especially in A-level FM. :afraid:

(Original post by Medicine Man)

Well one cannot explicitly say as edexcel are apparently threatening to take legal action on anyone who posts them up or gives away info on how to get them. :zomg:. Scary times. :yikes: There was a thread a while back though, and thats where i saw them (it only had the edexcel science ones iirc). Edexcel found out about the thread and thats the last I heard of it.
    About that thread, Maths was its focus, but there was also Econ, GS, even some EngLit

ReputationRep:
    they were all eliminated by swine flu^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    they were all eliminated by swine flu^
    :zomg: How did you know?

You're not...one of them, are you? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelyus)
    :zomg: How did you know?

You're not...one of them, are you? :hmmm:
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    On a totally random note, in 2 weeks time, 14 days, just over 330 hours time, our universities will have our results! :zomg: :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milan5baros)
    Do we get the results in an envelope?

I remember on my GCSE's thinking I would but then just getting a sheet with all the results on :O
    We get ours in an envelope. Sometimes taped at the back. Just to add to the suspense when you can't open it, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    On a totally random note, in 2 weeks time, 14 days, just over 330 hours time, our universities will have our results! :zomg: :headfire:
    I think I just dry heaved. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Gosh it is going slow yet so fast...it an enigma or as Malsy said :iiam: :p:

ReputationRep:
    You know, some people say that missing your uni offer isn't the end of the world.

BUT THEY'RE WRONG.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.