Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm only waiting for AS results but I'm starting to feel nervous now...

Answering the 'How do you get your results' question, everyone is divided into two groups by surname, A-L and M-Z. So there are two huge queues in the theatre that run out into the college foyer, waiting for their results that come in envelopes with your final grades printed on a sheet of paper with a word from the principal, which is stapled to your results slips. It gets very hectic, which is probably why I'm dreading it :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milan5baros)
    Do we get the results in an envelope?

I remember on my GCSE's thinking I would but then just getting a sheet with all the results on :O
    Only if the school/college provides them. Both my schools are stingy sods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I'm only waiting for AS results but I'm starting to feel nervous now...

Answering the 'How do you get your results' question, everyone is divided into two groups by surname, A-L and M-Z. So there are two huge queues in the theatre that run out into the college foyer, waiting for their results that come in envelopes with your final grades printed on a sheet of paper with a word from the principal, which is stapled to your results slips. It gets very hectic, which is probably why I'm dreading it :headfire:
    Lol, see to me that sounds perfect. It might be hectic, with hundreds of people buzzing about and no peace to be found, but I'll have the total opposite. Thursday morning, 6:00 AM, alone at a computer screen in a house by myself. I think I'm going to drive myself mad the night before :sad:

Also, does anyone do the following? Every Thursday I panic, thinking "omg it's X number of weeks til results day now", then the next day it's Friday and I relax because there's six days til the next Thursday, the weekend is fine because it isn't a new week yet, Monday is only just after the weekend and doesn't count, then suddenly on Tuesday "OMG it's 2 days til Thursday", thus ensuing much panic til Friday morning when I start the whole cycle again.

*Sigh* it's so tiring.

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow its gonna be 16 days then suddenly 15 and so on. days go by without notice

ReputationRep:
    My nervousness about Results has temporarily vanished for this week.

Instead my heart is racing because of the Day of Destiny for Warrington on Saturday - (Plus its my birthday aswell!)

ReputationRep:
    The problem with results day is that all my teachers are counting on me to get an A apart from history who say a high B or an A and I've told them and I've been telling them all bloody year that this isn't likely, but they're so determined that it will happen!!! They just want someone to do that well so that when the local paper shows up our school has something to say that makes them look like they have someone as clever as people from the grammar school and it's really frustrating because it puts a lot of pressure on me and it's so annoying because they say it so often that all my friends are now also convinced I will get AAAAAAAAAAAAA (well not that many) and the teachers are going to feel quite let down when I don't
    apologies for the ramble.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered about results day, I should be, but I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Lol, see to me that sounds perfect. It might be hectic, with hundreds of people buzzing about and no peace to be found, but I'll have the total opposite. Thursday morning, 6:00 AM, alone at a computer screen in a house by myself. I think I'm going to drive myself mad the night before :sad:

Also, does anyone do the following? Every Thursday I panic, thinking "omg it's X number of weeks til results day now", then the next day it's Friday and I relax because there's six days til the next Thursday, the weekend is fine because it isn't a new week yet, Monday is only just after the weekend and doesn't count, then suddenly on Tuesday "OMG it's 2 days til Thursday", thus ensuing much panic til Friday morning when I start the whole cycle again.

*Sigh* it's so tiring.

same!!!! every thursday its the same. omg this thursday will be 2 weeks till results day!:woo: :eek3: :eek:

(Original post by hawflo)
    I'm not bothered about results day, I should be, but I'm not
    I'm sort of the same, I'm not really panicing coz I'm preparing myself for the worst. But if I think too hard about it and imagine it, I get a little nervous

ReputationRep:
    My results have always been sealed in an envelope and I just rip it open and rummage amongst the papers inside. After ripping the envelope open I stare at the papers for probably a good five minutes and that's only the grade I stare at. Then when I've looked at my UMS and if the marks are quite good I jump with joy. I seriously go hysterical on results day but ofcourse only if my results are outstanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I'm sort of the same, I'm not really panicing coz I'm preparing myself for the worst. But if I think too hard about it and imagine it, I get a little nervous
    :yes: That is exactly how I feel !!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite excited.. But there's still a half of me thinking what if I failed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Why do people say that? It's not as if I want to be worried but I can't help it that I am. Think what you want to think but they are very important, as they do determine my future.
    I didn't say they aren't important, I was saying it's irrational to upset yourself over them. If you can't help being nervous I'd suggest trying some anti-stress exercises. They help, I find I can just look at it without any emotion attached and not bother getting worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matrix15)
    I didn't say they aren't important, I was saying it's irrational to upset yourself over them. If you can't help being nervous I'd suggest trying some anti-stress exercises. They help, I find I can just look at it without any emotion attached and not bother getting worried.

I've tried lots of different techniques and nothing works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    The problem with results day is that all my teachers are counting on me to get an A apart from history who say a high B or an A and I've told them and I've been telling them all bloody year that this isn't likely, but they're so determined that it will happen!!! They just want someone to do that well so that when the local paper shows up our school has something to say that makes them look like they have someone as clever as people from the grammar school and it's really frustrating because it puts a lot of pressure on me and it's so annoying because they say it so often that all my friends are now also convinced I will get AAAAAAAAAAAAA (well not that many) and the teachers are going to feel quite let down when I don't
    apologies for the ramble.
    Likewise. My college is quite underacheiving as the most common grade is D, so everyone expects me to get As, and I know I can get the grades but I also give up easily and hate the pressure everyone puts me under.

ReputationRep:
    i just can't open the envelope containing my results. last year my hands were shaking i had to give to a friend to do me the favour of telling the good, the bad and the ugly. i probably will do the same this year

ReputationRep:
    I remember being flamed on the 2008 board for 'only' waiting for AS results and not A2... I think I want to do that to some sad year 12 this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    I remember being flamed on the 2008 board for 'only' waiting for AS results and not A2... I think I want to do that to some sad year 12 this year!
    ha! how I wish there was a like button on TSR, not the one that reps you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Hypothetically speaking, of course, not that I'd go looking for this sort of thing, but where would one come across these mark schemes before results day?
    I actually have markschemes + QPs for all 12 of my summer units O_o

(Edexcel, of course)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I remember last year's thread too. I was a real newb then. I don't think I posted on it at all, though I do recall people going ape at us Year 12's being concerned about ASs. In the end, they meant nothing I guess. :p: I even resat one module twice. :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.