Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    Can I ask how 0.o?? I have an Edexcel secure content username and password and havent managed to see either... are you an undercover teacher :P?
    Maybe

Nah... I got them by the same way you just mentioned in your post :yes:

ReputationRep:
    On the results do they tell you your total grade for year 12 and 13 combined. Last year in year 12 i was confused over the fact results where split into modules i had to work out the overall grade myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vongustedt)
    On the results do they tell you your total grade for year 12 and 13 combined. Last year in year 12 i was confused over the fact results where split into modules i had to work out the overall grade myself.

ours were split into modules but there was an overall grade though

ReputationRep:
    I had a weird results day dream, but it didn't surround results but surrounding the friendships I lost, was quite a sad dream to be honest the weather was so bright and sunny *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    I remember being flamed on the 2008 board for 'only' waiting for AS results and not A2... I think I want to do that to some sad year 12 this year!
    yeah
    i got negged so much as well:p:

Good times. :laugh:

Where are the ASers this year, we need to do the same! :evil:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    yeah

would you realli wanna loose all that pos rep looool:p:

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream some time recently where I got an E for chemistry. But it was proper weird cos in the dream I didn't attend my synoptic exam (which I did in real life obvs lol) and that was the reason why I got an E and I was begging them to let me do it but they said sorry no. Was quite a vivid dream. I woke up quite nervous which was strange as I'm not actually worried about them like I was for GCSE's. I didn't even worry that much for AS's. No doubt I'll start worrying the day before though. But what maybe makes it slightly better for me is that I haven't applied to anything for 2009 entry as I'm taking a gap year so don't have the added pressure of university places.

ReputationRep:
    yeah

we're hiding from the big scary A2ers of course! Im not really scared about results though, so i don't deserve lots of neg rep :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arg, I lost my Edexcel login thing! Sure, I only did Maths on Edexcel but STILL. :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    nearly there :woo: . check track in the week leading upto results day as the unis actually get our results before you, or so my PT told me.

ReputationRep:
    They freeze track a few days before results day so unless your uni updates it REALLY early, you probably won't see an update. Won't stop me from checking though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    would you realli wanna loose all that pos rep looool:p:
    :laugh: Was that a threat? Oh its on now! :p:
    Joking.

Weird thing is i see where you ASers are coming from. Last year I hated waiting for results because there was quite a bit of pressure on me to do well because "everyone gets 100% in their AS exams", and "the A2s only get much harder than AS so you wan't to bank as many UMS marks as possible in case you drop a grade at A2", blah blah blah. Having that constantly drained into my head was so annoying! :mad2:

Granted most of it was true (except probably my first point :p:), but I hated it becasue not only did I feel I had to get an A, I felt I had to get a high A to compensate for A2. Getting anything lower than a high A was seen as failure. But with A2s its a different story - 480/600 (in my atleast 3 of my A2s) is all I want! :puppyeyes: I just want to meet my offer, i don't care about UMS scores tbh. So yeah, at A2 although theres pressure to get the grades, there's less pressure to get a high grade.

I'm probably making no sense whatsoever, but my point is hidden somewhere in those paragraphs.

(Original post by Aleeece123)
    we're hiding from the big scary A2ers of course! Im not really scared about results though, so i don't deserve lots of neg rep :p:
    As you should! :evil:

Its quite nice to see someone on here who's not as scared about results day tbh because most of us on here are! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

15 days left!
    :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    16 days :sad:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    My paranoia about not having reached the grades I need is negatively correlated with the amount of time left before results day

ReputationRep:
    I feel there is a whole other level of results day that I have not thought about yet... like I am going about it day by day but not actually have thought about what could possibly happen on results day I think I might cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    My paranoia about not having reached the grades I need is negatively correlated with the amount of time left before results day
    Damn, I'm one slow child! I had to read that twice before it made sense to me! :ninja2:

I'll just blame it on the time of day night day night day night... :p:
    [Oh dear! Its definitely me!]

EDIT: Morning? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    The problem with results day is that all my teachers are counting on me to get an A apart from history who say a high B or an A and I've told them and I've been telling them all bloody year that this isn't likely, but they're so determined that it will happen!!! They just want someone to do that well so that when the local paper shows up our school has something to say that makes them look like they have someone as clever as people from the grammar school and it's really frustrating because it puts a lot of pressure on me and it's so annoying because they say it so often that all my friends are now also convinced I will get AAAAAAAAAAAAA (well not that many) and the teachers are going to feel quite let down when I don't
    apologies for the ramble.
    I have the exact same problem, I don't go to grammar school either and most students get Cs and Ds in my school, but i usually get As and Bs so teachers are expecting AAA from me on the 20th but i know that won't happen, biology was not good for me this year but the teachers will not listen to me, and they think I'll get an A no problem and like ill be happy with a B, they don't care what I would be happy with as long as they can say they taught me if I got an A. Same goes for my family and friends and I hate it........"oh you'll get your three As" but I wonder how awkward it will be when I don't? It's just added unnecessary pressure and its more frustrating to think people think I'll get three As when the uni I want to go to only asks for Bs!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah

I'm an ASer :P
    but if you neg me I will just neg you back, and i have more rep power than you so NUR

ahahahah that came across even more immature and sad than intended

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

15 days left!
    :yikes:
    Only 15 days, I think I'm going to hide under my duvet and start crying. I'm definately feeling the pressure to do well in my results. I want it to go away now!!!!
    :sadnod:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.