The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nuodai
My paranoia about not having reached the grades I need is negatively correlated with the amount of time left before results day :frown:

That's such a nerd's way of expressing that. It made me very happy. haha

How were the STEP papers? I've heard of them but never actually spoken to anyone who's been through them.
Just so fed up of waiting now. :bebored: :sleep:
Reply 1702
panglossian
That's such a nerd's way of expressing that. It made me very happy. haha

How were the STEP papers? I've heard of them but never actually spoken to anyone who's been through them.

It got the meaning across didn't it? :p: STEP I was great, but STEP II was a bit iffy and I could well have slipped up my offer there... but fortunately I don't need it to get into Cambridge; I'll just have to do something other than Maths for half of the first year.
Reply 1703
tomorrow its gonna be 14 days to results day. its really scary
Medicine Man
:laugh: Was that a threat? Oh its on now! :p:
Joking.

Weird thing is i see where you ASers are coming from. Last year I hated waiting for results because there was quite a bit of pressure on me to do well because "everyone gets 100% in their AS exams", and "the A2s only get much harder than AS so you wan't to bank as many UMS marks as possible in case you drop a grade at A2", blah blah blah. Having that constantly drained into my head was so annoying! :mad2:

Granted most of it was true (except probably my first point :p:), but I hated it becasue not only did I feel I had to get an A, I felt I had to get a high A to compensate for A2. Getting anything lower than a high A was seen as failure. But with A2s its a different story - 480/600 (in my atleast 3 of my A2s) is all I want! :puppyeyes: I just want to meet my offer, i don't care about UMS scores tbh. So yeah, at A2 although theres pressure to get the grades, there's less pressure to get a high grade.

I'm probably making no sense whatsoever, but my point is hidden somewhere in those paragraphs.

As you should! :evil:

:p:

Its quite nice to see someone on here who's not as scared about results day tbh because most of us on here are! :afraid:

looool for your first point take it how you want to:p:

see last year our college didnt really explain the ums system and we were all like oh we got a c at least it wasnt until A2 thanks to my ict teacher we realised it was bout the points whcih meant me doin 9 resitz in january hehehhe hopefulli i will get AAC or ABD :frown:
Reply 1705
Oh dear.... this thread is going to make me sick... I really shouldn't read it... 15 days!! Ahh
16 days, oh dear...starting to get really real for me now. August is going so fast...
it kind of hit me today that this is the last month of summer holidays and we're wishing most of it away lolll. So scaredddddd :'(
Reply 1707
billiejean81
16 days, oh dear...starting to get really real for me now. August is going so fast...
it kind of hit me today that this is the last month of summer holidays and we're wishing most of it away lolll. So scaredddddd :'(

The countdown has gone ffrom 14 days to 15 days and now 16 days, is something wrong with time?

There are 15 days and 18 hours and 52 mins to go

Also I have until October for holidays, most people going to uni are the same I presume
billiejean81

Yeah almost 2 weeks to go now, it's really heating up! All our papers have probably been marked by now, to think that our fate has been sealed. :woo: :woo:
Zorg
The countdown has gone ffrom 14 days to 15 days and now 16 days, is something wrong with time?

Also I have until October for holidays, most people going to uni are the same I presume

not all, some are going at the beginning of Sept, and some at the end.
:yikes:
The uni im hoping to go to starts on the 1st of sept :frown: thats if i get in. my insurance on the other hand starts in october.
miz_perfecto
looool for your first point take it how you want to:p:

see last year our college didnt really explain the ums system and we were all like oh we got a c at least it wasnt until A2 thanks to my ict teacher we realised it was bout the points whcih meant me doin 9 resitz in january hehehhe hopefulli i will get AAC or ABD :frown:

:shock:

Really? What a shame. :console:

But hopefully all 9 of the resits went well and you get the grades you need. :biggrin: Not long to go now. :afraid:
Zorg

Firm is 21/09 so just a month after results day
does anyone know when the examiners reports are released?
Est.1989
does anyone know when the examiners reports are released?

Results day, if not after I believe
billiejean81
The uni im hoping to go to starts on the 1st of sept :frown: thats if i get in. my insurance on the other hand starts in october.

gutted, where you going and what to do
Medicine Man

that sux:woo:
Reply 1717
Medicine Man

:yes: And its sad because IMO grade boundaries can really make you feel better if you discover they are shockingly low like Jan 09 M1 boundaries :frown:!
Est.1989
that sux:woo:

:yes:

QBC123
:yes: And its sad because IMO grade boundaries can really make you feel better if you discover they are shockingly low like Jan 09 M1 boundaries :frown:!

So true. I saw the Jan 09 grade boundaries the day before results day in March and sorta knew I may have scraped the A I wanted. Hopefully some teacher will come on here and post them ip a few days before results day just so i know what to really expect.
Reply 1719
Windsprite
not all, some are going at the beginning of Sept, and some at the end.
:yikes:

That's weird every single one of my 5 choices started either 1st Oct. or 29th Sept.

Latest