Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    15 Days 10 Hours 16 Minutes & 2 Seconds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I'm torn as to whether to check track or not!!! Do you think it'll be better to find out you've not got in and burst into tears at home on your own, or at school with everyone else (friends + otherwise) around you, probably celebrating their achievements??
    I'm gonna check track before, just so that i'm prepared -I'd hate to open my results to find out I'm not gonna get in2 uni surrounded by loads of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    15 Days 10 Hours 16 Minutes & 2 Seconds
    :sigh: so close

ReputationRep:
    im going on track before i leave the school, at least if i get into my firm choice i could go to school with a smile on my face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie1992)
    ONLY 15 days to go.....not that long...just get on with summer and before you know it it will be results day.... some ppl are absolutely scared..cant go sleep...its not that bad. :confused:
    It is that bad!!!!! I can't stop thinking about it and I'm being deprived of sleep because of it. How can you say it's not that bad?

ReputationRep:
    i'd prefer to know if i'm in or not. that way if I know I'm not in when i get to school I can just lie and say I haven't check track yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    char[/s].]i'd prefer to know if i'm in or not. that way if I know I'm not in when i get to school I can just lie and say I haven't check track yet...
    i lol'd

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who is now questioning whether to check track? I'd pretty much decided to do so, but now I'm starting to change my mind...

What do I do????? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    when it is 14 days to go, i really will start panicking but next thursday will be the most scary cz it will only be a week to '' D- day''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    *yawns* who's sleeping patterns have drastically changed during the summer holidays? Mine have, I can't function without random naps
    I find myself in that same situation, I'll probably take a nap in an hour!!!

ReputationRep:
    User Name Posts
    Medicine Man 110
    XCRUSHESX 108
    Malsy 83
    Simplicity 59
    jerzydee 56
    Zay18 49
    Alexandra1234567 45
    scaryhair 45
    fweefwee 42
    miz_perfecto 30

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    char[/s].]i'd prefer to know if i'm in or not. that way if I know I'm not in when i get to school I can just lie and say I haven't check track yet...
    haha brilliant, i suppose it is safer to check... if i'd seen that i'd just missed the grades i'd then be rushing to check track to see if they let me in anyway or not

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who is now questioning whether to check track?
    Na I'm the same, part of me is thinking to not check track before, I'm only gunna have one uni A level results day so I might as well do it proper, keep it exciting.
    Tho I may change my mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I'm torn as to whether to check track or not!!! Do you think it'll be better to find out you've not got in and burst into tears at home on your own, or at school with everyone else (friends + otherwise) around you, probably celebrating their achievements??
    I feel the same! If I have got in, results will be a massive anti-climax, but if I haven't and find out at school, there's the risk of a very public breakdown...decisions...

ReputationRep:
    I've been having naps during the day for 3 years so I can't go back to having long sleep, utterly sucks, but will benefit me the day before results All-nighter baby!loool
    You and me both, I've been taking naps since I was about 14, I'd come back after a long and hard days of school/college work (haha not really) and then go to sleep straight after. I think I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, but I don't think I'd be able to get by without my naps, ahhh the joys of having a nap lol.

ReputationRep:
    User Name Posts
    Medicine Man 110
    XCRUSHESX 108
    Malsy 83
    Simplicity 59
    jerzydee 56
    Zay18 49
    Alexandra1234567 45
    scaryhair 45
    fweefwee 42
    miz_perfecto 30

Lol
    :king1:
    :ninja:

Maybe I should take a break from this thread!

NOT!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    You and me both, I've been taking naps since I was about 14, I'd come back after a long and hard days of school/college work (haha not really) and then go to sleep straight after. I think I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, but I don't think I'd be able to get by without my naps, ahhh the joys of having a nap lol.
    Looking at the time I should be having one soon but I am having to much fun posting :p:

ReputationRep:
    Come on, keep up the morale!!! We only have 5 pages to go until we reach the 100 mark. We shall be triumphant in surpassing the Scottish thread!!!! Keep the hope alive!

Sorry for my excessive use of exclamation marks, I couldn't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys. Atleast 100 more posts tonight, or we won't make it! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    15 days
    374 hours
    22467 minutes
    1348052 seconds

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.