Turn on thread page Beta

English Oral watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No one I know has heard from Warwick for English yet - not even those who applied in September. The uni has a reputation for being v.v. slow in dealing with applications :rolleyes: so don't worry if you don't hear from them soon

As far as I know, they interview all applicants at the end of January. No idea why as they seem to be the only uni in the country, barring Oxbridge, who interviews English students as a matter of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acid_Rain)
    No one I know has heard from Warwick for English yet - not even those who applied in September. The uni has a reputation for being v.v. slow in dealing with applications :rolleyes: so don't worry if you don't hear from them soon

As far as I know, they interview all applicants at the end of January. No idea why as they seem to be the only uni in the country, barring Oxbridge, who interviews English students as a matter of course.
    Yeah I noticed that of all the unis I considered, Warwick was the only one who interviewed?! Crazy. Cheers anyway, I'll be a little calmer in the foreseeable future knowing that they take their time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    I am in year 11 and I am soon going to have my English Oral, where I have to give a short informative talk about anything that I want. The only trouble is, is that i am REALLY shy, and I am really worried about doing it. I know that I will mess it up, and give a really boring talk about something that everyone thinks is boring or stupid. Whenever I speak in front of a lot of people I am sure that everyone is laughing at me, plus I know that everyone will be watching me really carefully because I dont usually talk in class. Does anyone have any tips for how I should prepare or what to talk about? Please xxx

Just pick something that you are intrested or that you have done, ie. i did a talk on leeds fetival, last year i did on red hot chili peppers and in 1999 a can't remember what i did on, but forget about everyone else, just look at your tutor. Though this 3rd time i taken english now as last time i just got less, then a C

Anne

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand public speaking either and i'm doing English A level. The good thing about it compared to GCSE is that there's no oral as part of it. You may get some from your teacher, but knowing that the marks don't contribute to your actual A level grade really helps take the pressure off, so don't let a fear of public speaking put you off English A level

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.