Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

nail varnish, attractive or not? Watch

• View Poll Results: Is nail varnish attractive (in general)
    Male: yes its attractive
    8.59%
    Male: No not attractive
    3.13%
    Male: i've never even noticed/couldn't give a sh*t
    3.13%
    Female: I think it makes me/others attractive
    36.72%
    Female: I think it makes me/others unattractive
    5.47%
    Female: I don't care, i wear/don't wear it for own benefit
    42.97%

ReputationRep:
    hi this is addressed to guys really but anyones opinion welcome obviously,

do guys think nail varnish looks good? bad? or do you really not care?

i was just wondering coz loads of girls wear it, especially on holiday or w/e but i have no idea whether guys notice, find it attractive or unattractive, and i know wearing it isn't suppossed to attract guys (or mayb it is but i always thought it was kinda for your own benefit)

anyway please do the poll thing (if i can set it up its the first time i've tried) and comment

thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks cheap and a bit chavy especially on the toe nails.

ReputationRep:
    yeah french manicure is hot as hell.....jus sayin

(Original post by katierattray)
    So im a chav because I have nail polish on my toe nails? (my nails are v dark and I like to paint them to cover them, especially my toes). :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    So im a chav because I have nail polish on my toe nails? (my nails are v dark and I like to paint them to cover them, especially my toes). :confused:
    No It doesn't mean you are a chav I just think nail varnish looks cheap but that just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, enamel paint is good for decorating metal, but not body parts.

ReputationRep:
    I love nail polish. I am such a geek and it has to match my outfit. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    is it strange if your a straight guy and like the feel of nail varnish on your nail ? ?
    cos i do - dunno why i jsut like nice black nail varnish and the feel of running my hand over it

ReputationRep:

I know I'm a girl but I hate seeing people with naked toe nails! If someone is going to get their feet out I at least like to see something pretty and sparkly redeeming them because most people's feet are gross.

My ex used to get really angry if I didn't look after my nails. He was really camp though.

No It doesn't mean you are a chav I just think nail varnish looks cheap but that just my opinion.
    Yea the cheapo streaky brands are cheap - but not all polish is cheap looking or price wise!!! If you go for a colour that isn't gross, ghastly then its alright IMO. I use suttle colours - bright yellows and etc are not my cuppa T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobdatz)
    is it strange if your a straight guy and like the feel of nail varnish on your nail ? ?
    cos i do - dunno why i jsut like nice black nail varnish and the feel of running my hand over it
    Goff alert. Nah it's a nice feeling I guess? All smooth!

ReputationRep:
    hell yes its attractive

ReputationRep:
    I'm so used to wearing nail varnish, it looks odd without it. Rimmel Green Envy FTW!

Oh, and no for boys wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    I like nail polish as long as your nails are quite short and it isn't half chipped off!!

I think it's little details like nail polish looking neat etc that shows you take care of yourself

ReputationRep:
    I love nail varnish it's so girly and pretty. I don't really care if others think it's chavvy or cheap I'd still wear it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist with it sometimes though as it has to match my outfit/accerssories/underwear. On my hands I tend to have french manicured nail extentions rather then paint my nails everyday according to what I'm wearing.

ReputationRep:
    weird..me, and every single other girl I know, love it..strange how vastly opinions differ.
    I think that really long nails are a bit chavvy, especially REALLY long fake french manicured ones.

but i think short nails painted (especially in dark colours) like you see on people like lauren conrad in the hills is super cute.

LOVE it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I'm so used to wearing nail varnish, it looks odd without it. Rimmel Green Envy FTW!
    I have Rimmel Green Envy on my toes RIGHT NOW.

and Nails Inc Victoria on my fingers - nail polish is the best

ReputationRep:
    i love nail varnish..i never ever ever leave the house with unpainted nails..i do it for myself and if guys notice that's just a bonus..i think it shows that a girl takes care of herself..hate it when girls have unpainted toe nails with open toe shoes..!i draw the line at bright yellow and blues though..!not so sure about guys wearing it though..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)
    weird..me, and every single other girl I know, love it..strange how vastly opinions differ.
    I think that really long nails are a bit chavvy, especially REALLY long fake french manicured ones.

but i think short nails painted (especially in dark colours) like you see on people like lauren conrad in the hills is super cute.

LOVE it.
    love lauren conrad's nails..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)

LOVE it.
    I like everything to be natural and my makeup is minimal and I just think painted nails are not needed. I dont even wear jewelry but I think thats just me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.