Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview next week with these guys, and I just want to know others opinions on it. It's basically four weeks (minimum), living in paid accommodation and going out knocking on doors for charity. I'm a bit apprehensive about moving out for a month when I don't know too much about the scheme and who I'll be living with. The pay isn't fantastic, but it is reasonable and I could really do with it before uni. Has anybody got any experience or know someone who has? I don't want to get myself into something I'll regret!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm talking to myself here, but I've just done a bit searching and it seems like Wesser isn't as reasonable as I thought. There seems to be hidden clauses with regards to paid accommodation and commission. I'm wondering whether go to the interview now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    I know I'm talking to myself here, but I've just done a bit searching and it seems like Wesser isn't as reasonable as I thought. There seems to be hidden clauses with regards to paid accommodation and commission. I'm wondering whether go to the interview now.
    Hidden clauses like what ? I was considering doing this when i heard you could get over a grand in 4 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooLaidBack)
    Hidden clauses like what ? I was considering doing this when i heard you could get over a grand in 4 weeks...
    hidden clauses like if you don't meet your target, then you have to pay for accommodation. Obviously the harder you work the more you get paid, but you need to be signing up like 50+ a week to be making a grand by the end of the month. I also just read that in some cases you don't get paid at all if you don't sign up anybody! There's no job security.

this is just what I've read- at the moment I'm just finding it difficult to find positive experiences with Wesser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    hidden clauses like if you don't meet your target, then you have to pay for accommodation. Obviously the harder you work the more you get paid, but you need to be signing up like 50+ a week to be making a grand by the end of the month. I also just read that in some cases you don't get paid at all if you don't sign up anybody! There's no job security.

this is just what I've read- at the moment I'm just finding it difficult to find positive experiences with Wesser
    Wait can't you do this from home ? Wouldn't do this without a couple of friends tbh sounds a bit odd to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooLaidBack)
    Wait can't you do this from home ? Wouldn't do this without a couple of friends tbh sounds a bit odd to me
    nope you don't get to choose where you're going unless you're really lucky and get one in your hometown or you apply wayyyy in advance

it's not that odd to be living out for a job, many people do it. It's mostly for students/gappers who are used to living away. I just don't know if it's worth especially since you're not sure what you are being paid

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.