Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Square Enix Game! What could it be?! Watch

ReputationRep:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/0807/

Square Enix seems to have taken a liking to teaser websites over the past few months. Most recently, the company kept Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light under wraps, but then revealed the mystery a few days after. Today, however, Square Enix brings gamers a new teaser site. There isn’t much to it - There’s a notice that says “VII Days,” but that’s about it. A countdown timer can also be seen (and is apparently part of the VII Days”), which has over eleven days left on it. Perhaps we’ll receive more information once the time expires.
    EDIT by omicronlyrae: This quote is wrong, the times does NOT count days - it's hours[s]mins[/s]secs - the roman numerals above denote the days remaining.

According to prophecy, there lies two paths ahead of <<smudged out>>
    A path of <<<darkness(dark abyss)>> that will bring destruction and
    A path of <<light(white blaze)>> that will bring salvation*

*direct translation is "will break/tear destruction"

^----will appear when 5 days are remaining

^---will appear when 4 days are remaining

ReputationRep:
    There was me hoping it would be a new Dragon Quest. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    The angelic figure in the second pic reminds me of Necron from Final Fantasy 9

ReputationRep:
    I'm forever hopeful for Vagrant Story 2

ReputationRep:
    Well the VII makes you think it could be a FF7 remake but i guess the text wouldn't match that. Maybe Final Fantasy 15? :ahee:

As long as its not another one of those crappy spin off titles

ReputationRep:
    Ooops I missed the website link *edited* lol

ReputationRep:
    Clearly another FF remake for DS ^^

ReputationRep:
    OP, what you have in that quote, whoever the hell that's from, is wrong, by a HUGE margin. The timer is hours[s]mins[/s]secs and the thing above it is days - which is why it's now on 6 days :p:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it falls under the FF category.

ReputationRep:
    This is gonna be another crappy remake

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy VII remake!!!! Or not... or the internet will explode. In Japan it's being speculated that it's a home release of the arcade game Lord Of Vermillion and also Squeenix trademarked Lord Of Arcana, so that might be related.

Source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    OP, what you have in that quote, whoever the hell that's from, is wrong, by a HUGE margin. The timer is hours[s]mins[/s]secs and the thing above it is days - which is why it's now on 6 days :p:

Beaten to it. Roman Numeral noobs *shakes head*

ReputationRep:
    you are the head of a popular video game company. your customers keep coming back with the same request. you are faced with a decision.

1. remake your most popular game, pleasing all your customers and earning your company more money than most small countries.

2. do not remake your most popular game, make new games with "different for the sake of being different" controls. piss off everyone. make little money.

WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Lord of Vermillion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really excited about this. I hear its probably Lord of Vermillion - but I have no idea what that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    you are the head of a popular video game company. your customers keep coming back with the same request. you are faced with a decision.

1. remake your most popular game, pleasing all your customers and earning your company more money than most small countries.

2. do not remake your most popular game, make new games with "different for the sake of being different" controls. piss off everyone. make little money.

Heh, so true!

God I hate Square Enix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)

option 2, of course! becuase being 'innovative' ALWAYS works out better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)

Option 2, and release the aforementioned game over PSN as has already been done.

I miss Choad. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Why do you ******s want some many remakes?

I hope it's a completely new original title.

Obviously that won't happen because you retards are happy spending £40 every single time they remake Final Fantasy CXIV.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.