Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Square Enix Game! What could it be?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    probably because we're all retardedly screwing each other in the bum hole.

or maybe because we all think ff7 is the best game ever created and it would be nice to have a high def shiny version.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously gonna be Final Fantasy X-3 :awesome: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Oh man, don't even joke.

But this is gonna be yet another DS thing, I can feel it. Besides, from the two screens, I can't really see this being a remake of any FF from VII +.

ReputationRep:
    i would be sooooo happy if it turned out to be ffvii. although i doubt because some how it would have spread over the internet quicker than swine flu.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't VII Days have changed to VI Days by now? I mean, it was on 11 hours for the front page's screenshot, and is on 18 hours at the minute.

Edit: Oh my, it said VII Days when I just went on it a little while ago, but now it says V Days O_o

ReputationRep:
    "Generic JRPG-fest 36"

SE have doing these crappy countdowns recently with Blood of Bahamut last year and a new DS game around a month ago.

I pray it's not for Dissidia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    *spits milk all over laptop*

Please. No. Don't even joke about that!

ReputationRep:
    It won't be anything to do with Final Fantasy... they've already announced up to FFXIV, so why would they bother announcing another one? Plus, the artwork has nothing in common with any of the previous games, so I disregard any idea of it being a remake. Squeenix don't show off random enemies in their artwork, those things will be main characters or important somehow.

I don't care which platform it's on, well, I don't want it to be on the new PSP, but that's cause I actually like having discs, etc. Oh, and to all those bad mouthing Squeenix's latest innovative offerings, I give you The World Ends With You. That game was one of the best I've played in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    you are the head of a popular video game company. your customers keep coming back with the same request. you are faced with a decision.

1. remake your most popular game, pleasing all your customers and earning your company more money than most small countries.

2. do not remake your most popular game, make new games with "different for the sake of being different" controls. piss off everyone. make little money.

WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE!?!?!?!

People complain when most games are rehashes and sequels. Apparently they complain when they're original ideas too.

Personally, I hope its a new game. New releases are infinitely more interesting than the same game with higher resolution textures.

ReputationRep:
    There is not a game SE could possibly make that would come close to the popularity of an FF7 remake. Which is a bit sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    *spits milk all over laptop*

Please. No. Don't even joke about that!
    Hahaha. I remember reading that the original idea for FFX-2 was the story ten years before the original game took place. Would have been so much better (and srs bsns), if they did that for FFX-3 I'd not complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Hahaha. I remember reading that the original idea for FFX-2 was the story ten years before the original game took place. Would have been so much better (and srs bsns), if they did that for FFX-3 I'd not complain.
    Wow it would have been wayyyy better.

Jecht and Auron's journey ftw??? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Wow it would have been wayyyy better.

Jecht and Auron's journey ftw??? :awesome:
    :awesome: definite win.

Jecht > Hyper giddy teenagers. He doesnt need shoes to kick ass either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    you are the head of a popular video game company. your customers keep coming back with the same request. you are faced with a decision.

1. remake your most popular game, pleasing all your customers and earning your company more money than most small countries.

2. do not remake your most popular game, make new games with "different for the sake of being different" controls. piss off everyone. make little money.

WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE!?!?!?!
    The problem with Option 1 is, that, while yes, it would make millions for SE, and some fans would be grateful for an updated version of FFVII, there'd also be no end of fans whining about it "not being as good as the original", and trying to tell SE how they should have done it.

It's as Yahtzee says. "Fans are clingy complaining ******** who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make."

ReputationRep:
    its now 3 days and a new image has appeared!

ReputationRep:
    They're releasing a new pretty screensaver:yes:

ReputationRep:
    At least the days countdown is working now I suppose. It always stayed at VII for me over the weekend. Although at the moment it doesn't want to load a number for days for me XD I just get 23:04:00

ReputationRep:
    Is it sad that I keep looking for evidence of Disney?

I need Kingdom Hearts 3 dammit, or I might just die.

ReputationRep:
    Is it sad that I keep looking for evidence of Disney?

I need Kingdom Hearts 3 dammit, or I might just die.
    But wouldn't that just show up on the Kingdom Hearts site? http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    But wouldn't that just show up on the Kingdom Hearts site? http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/
    :dontknow:

Probably. Tbh, if it was KH3 they'd announce at Tokyo Game Show anyways.

I'm just being desperate :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.