Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hai

I have a Silver membership which I've hardly used, nevermind got my money's worth from. Anyway, when does my membership run out?

I ask because I might actually go back up to Notts earlier than I first planned (due to being tragically bored at home :sad:). If I go back in August say, am I still able to use the Sports Centre and pool? I've checked the website but it didn't help.

Thank you. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    12 months after it was purchased, I believe.

I think it should also be on the 'Me' tab in the portal under 'My Finances' but that's offline at the moment until this Monday :hmmmm:

(Original post by david17)
    12 months after it was purchased, I believe.
    Are you sure? Only, I bought mine in October; so can I use the Sports Centre until October '09, i.e during the next academic year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    Hai

I have a Silver membership which I've hardly used, nevermind got my money's worth from. Anyway, when does my membership run out?

I ask because I might actually go back up to Notts earlier than I first planned (due to being tragically bored at home :sad:). If I go back in August say, am I still able to use the Sports Centre and pool? I've checked the website but it didn't help.

Thank you. :moon:
    I believe it's until the 1st September, I sort of remember asking last year. There's some sort of start/cut-off date. Better ring them and check.

(Original post by Brotherhood)
    I believe it's until the 1st September, I sort of remember asking last year. There's some sort of start/cut-off date. Better ring them and check.
    Gosh, I hope not! I don't want to renew my membership, you see (I'm living too far away next year). I was hoping I'd be able to get some use out of my membership and relieve my boredom at the same time. It was such a good plan; shame. :sad: Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I would be surprised if you weren't covered for all of September, or at least until term begins.

ReputationRep:
    and does anyone know how much the membership fee increases each year?

Gosh, I hope not! I don't want to renew my membership, you see (I'm living too far away next year). I was hoping I'd be able to get some use out of my membership and relieve my boredom at the same time. It was such a good plan; shame. :sad: Thanks anyway.
    It is the 1st of September, or I think it has run out now because the portal has changed and my sports membership has gone :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if it's de-railing the thread but can I ask how much the Sports Centre costs? Particularly swimming facilities? Thanks

(Original post by Mrgd291190)
    Sorry if it's de-railing the thread but can I ask how much the Sports Centre costs? Particularly swimming facilities? Thanks
    Hello

There are three memberships:

Bronze- £65
    Silver- £110
    Gold- £195

Swimming is 'free' with the Silver and Gold memberships and £2.50 with the Bronze. Without a membership it is £5.

If you want to use the gym, that's 'free' with the Gold membership and £2.50 with the Silver and Bronze memberships. For non-members it is £7.50, I believe.

This link is useful: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sport/

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Bronze- £65
    Silver- £110
    Gold- £195

Swimming is 'free' with the Silver and Gold memberships and £2.50 with the Bronze. Without a membership it is £5.

If you want to use the gym, that's 'free' with the Gold membership and £2.50 with the Silver and Bronze memberships. For non-members it is £7.50, I believe.

Hope that helps.
    That's fantastic, thanks elsa_89

The gym, is that the "University Park Fitness Centre"?

I might go for the Silver (if I can afford it).

It certainly does

Hello

Bronze- £65
    Silver- £110
    Gold- £195

Hope that helps.
    What about the bit in red on that site? => Fees currently reduced pro rata to: Bronze £22.50 Silver £40 Gold £70

I'm confused by which price it actually is :redface: I want it to be the cheap price though It's soooooo much lower than last year

Morgan, the gym is indeed the 'fitness centre'.

ttn, I think those prices are for people joining now 'til the end of this academic year, hence the discount. Sorry.

Morgan, the gym is indeed the 'fitness centre'.

ttn, I think those prices are for people joining now 'til the end of this academic year, hence the discount. Sorry.
    awww bum :emo: I was quite looking forward to paying only £22.50...looks like £65 is the only way. It's quite cheap compared to other gyms anyway

(Original post by thetopnotch)
    awww bum :emo: I was quite looking forward to paying only £22.50...looks like £65 is the only way. It's quite cheap compared to other gyms anyway
    Pardon the geekiness, but I've done a bit of calculating:

With a Bronze membership, one would need to use the gym more than 13 times (at £2.50 a time) to benefit from having a membership, as it's £7.50 without one.

With Silver, one would need to use the pool more than 18 times to make the Silver membership more worthwile than the Bronze (since gym prices are the same for both memberships but use of the pool is free with Silver).

With Gold, one would need to use the gym more than 30 times to make it better value for money than the Silver membership.

*Geekgasm*

ReputationRep:

With a Bronze membership, one would need to use the gym more than 13 times (at £2.50 a time) to benefit from having a membership, as it's £7.50 without one.

With Silver, one would need to use the pool more than 18 times to make the Silver membership more worthwile than the Bronze (since gym prices are the same for both memberships but use of the pool is free with Silver).

With Gold, one would need to use the gym more than 30 times to make it better value for money than the Silver membership.

*Geekgasm*

I spent more time in the gym than in lectures last year, lol. I'd recommened people going for gold. Gym isn't too bad, they just need more of what they already have.

*Geekgasm*

I'll probably stick with the bronze, I doubt I'll go to the gym more than 52 times in a year to make it worthwhile :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty pricey stuff! Is there a dirt-cheap gym anywhere that students tend to go to, or is this pretty much it? At my undergrad uni we had a (fairly shoddy) gym at £35/yr all-in... those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    What about Cripps gym?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.