Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for Dental Schools watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if you have an offer / received an interview (even if you were rejected afterwards) for dentistry, it would be so helpful if you could tell me what scores you got for the ukcat?

Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wow09)
    Hi, I was just wondering if you have an offer / received an interview (even if you were rejected afterwards) for dentistry, it would be so helpful if you could tell me what scores you got for the ukcat?

Thanks so much!
    I got an average of about 630 and got offers from both universities I applied to who took the UKCAT into account. 600 was the average when I did it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi m8 I applied to Newcastle, Leeds, Cardiff and Sheffield.
    I got 590 in my ukcat and got offers at Newcastle and Leeds

The way it works is if you got very good AS level/ A level results then the ukcat plays a smaller role in the admission process (this is because to have got the high grades you must be intelligent) I go AAAC in my AS levels. (A in chemistry, biology and physics and C in maths)

I am open to help you, just send me a question and ill try to answer it with as much guidence as possible. I found the application process a tough journey and feel the things I learnt along the way, including interviews was a hugh learning curve.

Hope all goes well with your UKCAT exam

Regards LB

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I applied to Kings, Barts (Queen Marys), Sheffield and Cardiff. Got interviews for all, and offers for three of them. My average was 742. I think when I prepped for UKCAT, the best thing I did was google lots of psychiatric tests - you can get a lot of free stuff to practice on. Also, I bought two papers from Apply2uni (google that), for £40. They were my life saver when it came to abstract reasoning, because it also has answers for you to understand what to look for in this section. The whole pack is great actually!

Best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your replies guys. Well done on the offers : ) did you all have a lot of work experience + voluntary work etc? I've done 2 weeks at a private dental practice and will hopefully do some more at a NHS practice.

(Original post by exppex)
    I got an average of about 630 and got offers from both universities I applied to who took the UKCAT into account. 600 was the average when I did it.
    Just wondering which uni's did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wow09)
    Thanks so much for your replies guys. Well done on the offers : ) did you all have a lot of work experience + voluntary work etc? I've done 2 weeks at a private dental practice and will hopefully do some more at a NHS practice.

Just wondering which uni's did you apply to?
    Cardiff and Sheffield who took UKCAT into account, Bristol and Birmingham who do not look at UKCAT. Good luck in your application!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to: UCLan, Peninsula, Queens and Kings. Interviews and offers from all with a UKCAT of 628. Some universities look at it more than others.

I know with Queens this year anyone with a UKCAT of 614 and below were not interviewed at all. 615 was the cut off point this year so if you get below that then honestly don't waste a choice and apply to Queens.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.